What is your favorite food native to your ethnicity?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mine is Tasajo, White rice or arroz moro, fried (ripe) plantains, and fried yuca.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm an ethnic Manassian I guess. My people migrated from there to Centreville about 21 years ago but that's where I spent the first seven years of my life. Foods I enjoyed while still in Manassas indigenous to the local supermarket there included Pop Tarts and Spaghetti O's.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm an ethnic Manassian I guess. My people migrated from there to Centreville about 21 years ago but that's where I spent the first seven years of my life. Foods I enjoyed while still in Manassas indigenous to the local supermarket there included Pop Tarts and Spaghetti O's.

OH, White Trash, trailer park food. You forgot the margarine and sugar on white bread sandwiches.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
My favorite food: Steak.... RARE

My favorite ethnic food(s): 1 Mexican 2 Italian 3 Chinese 4 Anything else.

Least Favorite: Korean. I like interesting food but Korean is just a little bit too interesting for me.

Absolute No No's: Liver and Lima beans. To be polite, I'll eat limas but I can't even get passed the smell of liver. Oh yeah, and fish. If it swims I don't eat it. I do however like shellfish all but oysters and clams. Too close to body excrement... sniff.

That should cover it.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yumm.. just had some terrific kalbi last night. The only thing I don't like about Korean food around here (the USA) is that it's so damned expensive. The same portion of meat here that costs $26 would have been $8 in Seoul. and that's not because everything in Seoul is cheaper, in general it's one of the most expensive cities to live in in the world.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
yumm.. just had some terrific kalbi last night. The only thing I don't like about Korean food around here (the USA) is that it's so damned expensive. The same portion of meat here that costs $26 would have been $8 in Seoul. and that's not because everything in Seoul is cheaper, in general it's one of the most expensive cities to live in in the world.

A friend and I went to a Kroean restaurant in Atlanta. I had bee bim bop.. or something like that. What I learned from that experience? Kim chee will kill you and don't eat the black things at the bottom of the dish or the back of your head will explode!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My favorite food: Steak.... RARE

My favorite ethnic food(s): 1 Mexican 2 Italian 3 Chinese 4 Anything else.

Least Favorite: Korean. I like interesting food but Korean is just a little bit too interesting for me.

Absolute No No's: Liver and Lima beans. To be polite, I'll eat limas but I can't even get passed the smell of liver. Oh yeah, and fish. If it swims I don't eat it. I do however like shellfish all but oysters and clams. Too close to body excrement... sniff.

That should cover it.

I don't like organ meat in general. Chicken liver in a good chicken soup is okay. I love salmon and other fish. I hate sushi. I hate spicy food. The strangest food I ever had was escargot. I did not like it. It was too vinegary with a meaty/mushroomy consistancy. I had sweetbread once and it was good.

I've never had Thai food, Nor other Asian food (other than Chinese) I've never had middle eatern food either, nor African food.

I don't like to order things that I might hate. Lamb and Duck I only tasted a few years ago, It was okay, but I would never order it.

My favorite ehtnic foods are Chinese/American, and Italian/American.

Lobster tail and Filet Mignon are my favorite. As well as Chateaubriand. (my grandmother's meatloaf tasted just like it)

But I also like White Castle and McD.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well, native to my ethnic heritage, there are just far too many options. Being Italian, I prefer authentic (preferably home-cooked) food, not what passes for Italian in the United States. There are far too many regions in Italy that have their own local specialties--but in the United States, as long as a noodle is smothered in tomato sauce, it gets labeled "Italian."

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fish and chips. It was either that or Full English.

BUT WAIT!

I just remembered: Pea and ham soup! It's well sexy. I don't know if many places do it because I went 'out of town' and people thought I was mad and tried to tell me pea and ham soup doesn't exist! It does.

I also like broth.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Fish and chips. It was either that or Full English.

BUT WAIT!

I just remembered: Pea and ham soup! It's well sexy. I don't know if many places do it because I went 'out of town' and people thought I was mad and tried to tell me pea and ham soup doesn't exist! It does.

I also like broth.

It is possible to find pea and ham soup here in the US. While I was visiting my grandfather a few weeks ago, he made a huge pot of it. It was quite delicious. I see it in restaurants frequently and also in the grocery stores.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is possible to find pea and ham soup here in the US. While I was visiting my grandfather a few weeks ago, he made a huge pot of it. It was quite delicious. I see it in restaurants frequently and also in the grocery stores.

In my part of the country they call it split pea soup, the ham is more of a flavoring, with only small bits in it.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I am Mexican-American and my favorite food for as long as I can remember is enchiladas. Any kind, so long as they have plenty of cheese! My favorite way of having them is "flat," with a fried egg on top, and lots of lettuce, tomato and onion.

Something else which I like is chilaquiles, which is basically enchiladas, but without the meat. It is made with corn tortillas torn into quarters or cut into strips, and then covered with red chile and cheese.

A fun favorite of mine is Mexican hot dogs. They are made by slicing a wienie in the middle to form a pocket, stuffing it with cheese, wrapping it in a corn tortilla, securing with a toothpick, and then deep frying. Those are delicious!

Some other favorites of mine are tamales, posole with menudo, chile rellenos, fajitas, taquitos, and carne adovada.

Reactions: EllieP

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am Mexican-American and my favorite food for as long as I can remember is enchiladas. Any kind, so long as they have plenty of cheese! My favorite way of having them is "flat," with a fried egg on top, and lots of lettuce, tomato and onion.

Something else which I like is chilaquiles, which is basically enchiladas, but without the meat. It is made with corn tortillas torn into quarters or cut into strips, and then covered with red chile and cheese.

A fun favorite of mine is Mexican hot dogs. They are made by slicing a wienie in the middle to form a pocket, stuffing it with cheese, wrapping it in a corn tortilla, securing with a toothpick, and then deep frying. Those are delicious!

Some other favorites of mine are tamales, posole with menudo, chile rellenos, fajitas, taquitos, and carne adovada.

Yum!

I am going to have to hunt you down when I come out there to visit family. I keep putting it off till it gets a little more bearable outside. I will give you plenty of warning though. I want to try some of this food!

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Being that I am part American Indian, I can't eat buffalo because the gov killed 'em off. I live in an area where there are a lot of cultures living side by side in harmony. We have TexMex mmm, Italian mmmm, Cajun mmm, southern mmm, and various foods from other parts of the world. I like most of the first 4 mentioned.

For the appetizer, I want chips with salsa, cheese enchiladas, spanish rice, and pinto beans. For the salad course, I want manicotti or lasagna. For the soup, I want shrimp and crab gumbo. For the main course, I want roast with rice and gravy. For dessert, I want butter fudge chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. Oh yes, please pass the tums.

Would you like to join me Naughty the Nubian Queen?

SensualGoth

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a European mutt....

My grandpa on dad's side used to make hamhocks, cabbage, fried bologna, pot roast, corned bef and cabbage, quiche, fried chicken, baked fish, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, bbq chicken wings, Shit on a Shingle SOS he was retired Military), grits, and my favorite OXTAIL STEW.. fried sweetbreads can't forget the blueberry pie, apple pie, fresh veggies from the garden * asparagus, brussel srouts, green beans raw tomatoes with salt and pepper, okra and blue bell vanilla ice cream with chocolate magic shell on top :)

grandpa on moms side was more hillbilly.... he would drown pinto beans in beer or whiskey depending on his mood, bbq, cold cut sandwiches, cooked with lots of potatoes ( he was IRISH retired truck driver) he had a garden out back too that I can recall//\

living with mom ... - she made a dish called turkey skillet stew... lots of bologna sandwiches, butter beans, canned food, hamburger helper( stuff makes me wanna barf to this day- I won't eat it) Spaghetti O's, Elvis inspired sandwiches, peanut butter and jelly, hada garden i supervised in thriving ... burpless cucumbers, green beans and tomtoes were awesome ...

Now I am open to all kinds of foods... I have tried caviar, fois gras, pate, sushi ,kim chee, calf fries, lots of Ethnic foods.. I love to cook and bake ...don't let that fool you though.. I'm not domesticated.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being that I am part American Indian, I can't eat buffalo because the gov killed 'em off. I live in an area where there are a lot of cultures living side by side in harmony. We have TexMex mmm, Italian mmmm, Cajun mmm, southern mmm, and various foods from other parts of the world. I like most of the first 4 mentioned.

For the appetizer, I want chips with salsa, cheese enchiladas, spanish rice, and pinto beans. For the salad course, I want manicotti or lasagna. For the soup, I want shrimp and crab gumbo. For the main course, I want roast with rice and gravy. For dessert, I want butter fudge chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. Oh yes, please pass the tums.

Would you like to join me Naughty the Nubian Queen?

I thaink you kindly sir for your offer, but I have a feeling my poor stomach might not be able to take all of the richness of that particular bounty.