What is your favorite hat?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by naughty, Apr 30, 2005.

1. naughty

Gold Member

Chimera,

I am a hat addict! I have worn hats since childhood. I think it came from watching too much "Gigi" and reading "Madeline"and Dr. Seuss too many times. So, I have a particular weakness for bretons, mad hatters and berets. My favorite is a straw mad hatter that I have . It supplies just the right touch of whimsy....

naughty

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I have a leather fedora that's like 60 years old but I hardly ever wear it

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I have a bodacious bunch of ball caps that I wear to games or racing events but my favorite is an old khaki-colored cap I got at Busch Gardens' Clydesdale exhibit years ago.

4. steve319

Gold Member

Oh, I have this darling little beret with sassy pink stripes and the cutest tassel!

*ahem*

I mean, a black top hat. Yes, a stovepipe hat! That's it. Nothing says EVIL like an imposingly tall, pitch black hat.

Except perhaps a fez....

*wolf howls in the distance*

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Children of the night. What music they make!

6. rich_cabeza2002

My favorite hat is a beat up old UCONN basketball hat that I wear constantly. The wife makes me take it off before I go to bed though. :(

7. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    My favorite hat is an authentic Akubra felt "Man from Snowy River" type of hat from Australia like this.

SG

8. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've got 2 main hats I wear all the time. One is my Arkansas hat that I got last summer at the College World Series (baseball) in Omaha, and the other is my new Nebraska hat cause the old one just didn't feel the right size.

Oh yea, and my hats have got to be fitted. I don't like the little straps since I wear my hats backwards fairly often.

9. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Occasionally I'll wear a baseball cap backwards, but I'm really not much of a hat person. When I get old and my hair falls out, that might change unless I join the Hair Club for Men.

10. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Forgive me for sounding like an old fart but fellows wearing ball caps backwards look just plain mentally challenged.

I always figured that Sherlock Holmes had two bills on his hat so nobody'd know when he was wearing it backwards. He had a reputation to keep, you know.

11. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I'm not an old fart and I strongly agree

12. steve319

Gold Member

Sometimes, though, that's exactly the look one may be going for. :evilgrin: (How else for DMW to decoy the Ben Affleck's of the world?)

I must admit that I've worn my share of baseball caps backward. I have an orange "Garbage" cap that I'm not sure I've worn any other way.

Hey, what about a viking helmet? You know, with the horns and all? Horns are vaguely evil in a way, right?

13. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I would rather settle for the backward-cap fad than the dumb shit guys try to pull when they flip their button-down collars upward against their earlobes. What the hell is that ab-boot?

My hair's actually too big for most caps. They come off looking silly, but sometimes that's my mood. Anyway, the favorite ones are my Coney Island Summer League cap, an Oklahoma Sooners winter hat, and a dark blue fuzzy winter hat.

14. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

I have one that says COCKS from the University of South Carolina. It only gets worn certain places. ;) The one I wear most often says USA on it.

Backward baseball hats look playful IMHO. I like em.

15. jonb

Gold Member

No one under 60 is.

16. TallHungLB

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have a black and red baseball cap with "Bill" on the front. You remember Bill, he was always hoping and praying some day he'd get to be a law on Schoolhouse Rock on Saturday mornings.

(oh, my name is Bill too... That's why it's my favorite!)

17. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have about 20-25 baseball type hats, a few of those floppy crushables types, and even a couple of straw fedoras. The straw hats were purchased when I was on vacation in very hot places and needed something on my head to keep the sun from killing me.
    Living in New England, I need winter hats too. :ninja:

The ballcaps are various souvenir types, plus 3 out of the last 4 Superbowl Champion hats, and a World Series hat that was 87 years in the making! :toast:

I usually don't wear hats on a daily basis, just when I'm casual on weekends, or running errands after work. The 4 recent championship hats have had me wearing hats more often.

I don't have one of these :dunce: even though I feel that way sometimes. Don't have these either: :hippie: :party: :silly: ;)

LapDog :9 :p :9

Draft saved Draft deleted