Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've had bruschetta twice for lunch this week if that's any indication of my love of bread. My favourites include San Francisco sourdough, rye, pumpernickel, indian naan, poori, scandinavian sweetbreads. Oh, and DC's rolls are to die for. Any chance I can get more of those when i'm in the area?

:biggrin1:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Has anyone had bread from one of those bread maker appliances that sit on your counter? The kind where you just place all the ingredients in and PRESTO, fresh bread in 3 hours.

I was debating getting one a few years ago. They don't seem to be as popular these days.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Better to invest your money in a Kitchen Aid mixer and a bread pan!
Has anyone had bread from one of those bread maker appliances that sit on your counter? The kind where you just place all the ingredients in and PRESTO, fresh bread in 3 hours.

I was debating getting one a few years ago. They don't seem to be as popular these days.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
a side note for dc area residents.

there is a place called middleburg virgnia called "the upper crust". a bakery in a building that has to be 200 years old. they make the best couissants on the face of the earth. warm and buttery, fresh out of the oven.

it is on a side street facing safeway on route 50.

middleburg is adorable. rich horse country. looks like the town the budweiser clydesdales prance through during the snowy christmas commercials.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like practically any kind of bread, the nicest breads I find are the ones that go stale most quickly so they're best eaten fresh, still warm and slathered with butter.

earl - don't bother buying a bread maker, mine is just sitting gathering dust in a cupboard with all the other gadgets I swore I'd use every day.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For me it was hard to choose. Italian and French breads are very similar.

Garlic bread in not type of bread. It is butter or oil and garlic on a type of bread.

A popular bread in my area not mentioned is Portuguese bread (or rolls). It is similar to French or Italian.

A very unique bread is Cuban bread. It has a hard crust and is very light and airy inside. The funny thing is that Cuban sandwiches are usually not made with Cuban bread.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
a side note for dc area residents.

there is a place called middleburg virgnia called "the upper crust". a bakery in a building that has to be 200 years old. they make the best couissants on the face of the earth. warm and buttery, fresh out of the oven.

it is on a side street facing safeway on route 50.

middleburg is adorable. rich horse country. looks like the town the budweiser clydesdales prance through during the snowy christmas commercials.
I was just in Middleburg last weekend! We had lunch at the Red Horse Inn, though, not at Upper Crust.

For me it was hard to choose. Italian and French breads are very similar.

Garlic bread in not type of bread. It is butter or oil and garlic on a type of bread.

A popular bread in my area not mentioned is Portuguese bread (or rolls). It is similar to French or Italian.

A very unique bread is Cuban bread. It has a hard crust and is very light and airy inside. The funny thing is that Cuban sandwiches are usually not made with Cuban bread.
I do make garlic bread that is a type of bread... with the garlic mixed into the dough, not applied as a spread. I smells really really great as it is baking!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Because thats the point of an open thread. I was voicing my opinion! And my opinion is that this thread sucks bum. Why are you talking about bread?!?!
Apparently, because some people like to talk about bread. I would think that's obvious. I understand that.

I don't understand why anyone would click on a thread topic in which they have no interest, read the posts in which they have no interest, and then take the time to tell us all that they have no interest in it.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rye bread (including pumpernickel) is my favorite. Wheat is next. I like rye crackers and wheat crackers too.

My grandmother's dinner rolls. A recipe that may well die with her since she can no longer remember it. They were light yet chewy and served warm with butter and sun jam they were a thing of pure delight. For all purposes they were simple dinner rolls but when she let them rise she put them on the radiator and I think that's what did the trick. They're better than her mother's rolls too and that's something.