What is your favorite Movie Genre?

What is you favorite Movie Genre?

• Total voters

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
You're both nuts! :tongue:

I voted SciFi (in which I include Fantasy) from that list because it most often includes aspects of (nearly) all the other genres. Just thinking off the top of my head:

Comedy - Dark Star / Time Bandits
Drama - Sunshine / 2010
Documentary *obvious exception*
Mystery / Film Noir - Solaris (either version) / Bladerunner
Martial Arts / Sports - Rollerball
Science Fiction - Duh! :wink:
Thriller / Horror - Event Horizon
War - Star Wars (specifically Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi)
Western - Wild Wild West (essentially a silly sci-fi movie)
Other - 2001: A Space Odyssey

thats so me its almost scary... almost, because i'd have to add quentin tarantino, and ANY DARREN ARNOFSKY movie!! (the fountain was quite possibly the most amazing movie i've ever seen)

I truly don't have one.

There are so many genres I love from mental hygiene to weepers. Good film is good art and I appreciate good art.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
thats so me its almost scary... almost, because i'd have to add quentin tarantino, and ANY DARREN ARNOFSKY movie!! (the fountain was quite possibly the most amazing movie i've ever seen)

Tarantino - I'm a huge fan of Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction was very clever - I detested Jacky Brown and the Kill Bills - basically the guy is just too unoriginal and by the time I got to his later films I had seen an awful lot of the originals he rips and they are generally better. RD holds a place in my heart (even though it is as unoriginal as the others) because it was so dramatically different from anything else I'd ever seen before at the time. Essentially Tarantino is a remix DJ - a good one - like what Moby did on Play with all that cool stuff he happened upon.

Aronofsky - I've only seen Requiem for a Dream - it had a lot going for it, I must check out his other offerings.

I truly don't have one.

There are so many genres I love from mental hygiene to weepers. Good film is good art and I appreciate good art.

That is essentially my view point too - but if you held a gun to my head and insisted I pick one SciFi is the most all-encompassing because it is only the setting that makes it 'sci-fi', not the plot / mood / direction / etc.