What is your favorite Sitcom episode ever?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yeah...Seinfield episodes came to mind right away. The one where George sees this quack doctor and ends up riding in the back of an ambulance with a blue face, the popped Woodie episode, the "sons of bitches" routine...Elaine frantically trying to pack off a steady to the airport then later telling how she almost made it...yada yada yada...

Then there were a number of Monty Python sets that were a laugh, in particular the "Spanish Inquisition" episode, and the Spam spam spam bit...

Golden Graham

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Only Fools and Horses.

The episode where Jim Broadbent plays an old School chum of Del-Boy, turned Policeman.

He tries to frame Del with some dodgy gold Bulgarian jewellry.

That, or the one where he falls through the Bar.

Or the Weeping Madonna statue one

Sheer class.

Also I like the episode of 'Cheers' with Nigel Rees in it, as Rebecca's Billionaire beau.

He looks at his watch over a 2-minte period and says
" Ah. I've just made another $10,000 Dollars. I love being rich"

Or the one where Bill Medley serenades her with 'Loving Feeling'

And I like all the funny quotes from Woody in Cheers, or Joey in Friends.

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yeh, gotta agree. all in the family is on the top of my list. i also loved the episode when maude first appeared, and the one when they all shared their version of the black refrigerator repairman coming over.

and edith having the incident with the can of cling peaches denting a car in the grocery store parking lot.

Oh, those episodes are insanely funny! :biggrin1:

And the masturbation episode of Seinfeld is another classic. I love the business with George's mom and her broken hip. :biggrin1:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I absolutely LOVE the "Ellen" "coming out" episode!!! If you get enough recruits, you can get a free toaster oven! :biggrin1:

This is from a cartoon rather than a "sitcom", but there was one episode of "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" that I wish I knew the title of so I could look it up on DVD. The whole thing is about TV ratings (like the Nielsen ratings) and has Brak explaining what ratings are. I don't even remember the particulars of the episode beyond that, and the fact that I was falling out of my chair laughing! I wish I could remember what I was laughing so hard about, though! (I also have the CD of "Brak Presents the Brak Album Starring Brak" - heehee... that show has a warped sense of humor, that's why I like it so much!)

Another one I like is the episode of "Fawlty Towers" when they had the Germans visiting the hotel, and the employees there were trying really hard not to mention the war - of course, trying TOO hard meant that it was in their heads all the time, and of course stuff about it slipped out!

solarphallux

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I LOVE That 70's Show - in my high school daze, I WAS Steven Hyde, right down to the 'fro and glasses - except I wore a Ramones t-shirt instead of Led Zep shirt. I also love Seth McFarlane's animated series American Dad and Family Guy - basically because as I'm getting older, I find I'm becoming more and more like Brian.

I loved all the great american 70's sitcoms as a kid, and loved the british sitcoms that I saw as a kid in the UK or back home in the USA, often played late-nights on the telly. I'm most partial to Kenny Everett, the man was a genius! Not sure if I had a bigger crush on him or the Goodies' Bill Oddie! I loved all his bits, especially Captain Kremmen, and when Hot Gossip would come out and dance to the latest pop or disco tune in their scantily-clad costumes ("And now it's time for those naughty naughty bits!")

As Cupid Stunt would say - "It's all done in the best possible taste!"

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There's an episode of Frasier that has a brilliant opening sequence that has nothing to do with the rest of the episode. Niles is using Frasier's apartment to cook dinner for a date. Everything is perfect, but while he's waiting for his date to arrive, he decides his pants need to be pressed, so he gets out the ironing board and starts to iron his pants. Then he sees a loose thread, and cuts it off, but cuts his finger in the process. He sees the blood and faints for a moment. When he comes to, he realizes that he got a blood stain on Frasier's leather sofa. He get some spot cleaner to get out the stain, but sees the blood, passes out again, and spills the cleaning solution all over the sofa. One thing leads to another and it ends up with him setting the couch on fire, ruining dinner, and passing out on the floor. Part of what was so impressive about this scene was that there were very few cuts and it was all filmed pretty seamlessly.

There's an episode of Mad About You where Paul has a series of bizarre dreams that ultimately take the form of the dance sequence from Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In.

There's an episode of Friends I like to think of as the "alternate universe" episode, which shows us what the friends would be like if Monica were fat, Joey was a successful actor, Chandler was an unemployed writer, Ross and Carol were still married, and (my personal favorite) Phoebe was a super-bitchy Type A stock broker.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Seinfeld (I have two). Don't recall the name of the episodes.
The first one was when Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine had a bet about who could go the longest without masturbating. The second one was a spoof of the JFK (was it Oliver Stone?) movie, with the spittle from some Yankee/Met player.

Yeah that was a great one. They never even said masterbate int he episode.

I liked the one about the shrinkage with Geroge at the beach house.

Also the one where Elaine sent her Christmas card out with her nipple showing.

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

V72

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"Absolutely Fabulous", the "POOR" episode, where Edina is forced to curtail her frivolous spending, and she has to do things like actually go to a supermarket to buy groceries. Naturally, it ends up with she and Patsy being arrested for shoplifting, road rage, assault, and wreckless and drunken driving. :biggrin1: !

Haha - I still yell "Go for it, Eddie!" whenever I'm driving and hit the gas to try and beat a red light :smile:

While I agree with a lot of the classic episodes mentioned here, instead of just saying "ditto", I'm gonna mention some not-so-obvious, but definite classics (in my mind):

1. Laverne and Shirley - when the girls get parts as cavewomen extras in a cheesy "One Million Years BC" type of movie and spend take after take being thrown about by mechanical pterodactyl talons while chanting their only line "wonga wonga".

2. Facts of Life - when George Clooney and Cloris Leachman were in the cast there was a "Twilight Zone" spoof episode where everyone was being murdered one by one and the killer turns out to be Blair, who's doing away with anyone who wears polyester, buys shoes at the supermarket or falls below the 50% tax bracket.

VTAce

Expert Member
Media
The Golden Girls where Dorothy is dating both Lyle Waggoner and Sonny Bono. Everything about the episode is so silly and ridiculous (probably because it's really a dream) that it makes me laugh out loud every time.

I also love the "Midnight Madness" party episode where Sophia has to "betray a loved one, help a holy man, and kiss a fool" before midnight to break a curse. It's also funny seeing everything turned upside down where the men are fawning all over Rose and Dorothy while Blanche is being totally ignored.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Golden Girls where Dorothy is dating both Lyle Waggoner and Sonny Bono...

Yes, I love that episode, too, but it's Blanche's storyline that I love. Her late husband George comes back. It's turns out he wasn't really dead but faked his own death. She mentions that she has a recurring dream that he comes back and says it was all a mistake, but she never thought it would really happen. She told him how angry and hurt she was that he left her, and how badly she missed him. The reconciled, and hugged.

Then she woke up...

I know what it's like to have that dream. I found it sad, not funny, and deeply moving.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So many I Love Lucy episodes.

I love The Dick Van Dyke show were Laura is upset that everyone mistakes her for the crazy housewife on The Allan Brady Show opening the mail with her teeth. Then Rob gets a box the next day and she is so curious about the contents that she ends up acting out the entire scene from the Brady show. The content of the box is a gigantic raft that inflates. God it is so brilliant.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OH!!! How could I forget?!

Three episodes of Red Dwarf stand out.

1. The first episode that introduces all the characters and the situation.

2.The one where there are two Rimmer holograms, and he can't get along with himself! (that one's also the "Gazpacho Soup" episode!)

3. The one where they go to Earth but everything is backwards - particularly the part where Cat has to go to the bathroom had me falling out of my seat!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This episode has been on my mind for the last day or two for some reason. I had to pull my dvd collection out and watch it again.
YouTube - Designing Women - Julia is Pissed!
I wanted to be Julia Sugarbaker when I grew up. She had the most eloquent furies. I vaguely remember one rant (I think it occurred in a rest room) where she called a woman trash. I couldn't find that on YouTube but I did find a couple other examples.

YouTube - Designing Women - STD episode

YouTube - If Your Not In Georgia..

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seinfeld (I have two). Don't recall the name of the episodes.

The first one was when Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine had a bet about who could go the longest without masturbating. The second one was a spoof of the JFK (was it Oliver Stone?) movie, with the spittle from some Yankee/Met player.

Beat me to it. The second spitter, from the gravelly road was Keith Hernandez, with Newman, who was in JFK, reprising his role as the the target of the magic bullet/magic lugey. Also there's a great episode of two and a half men called "she'll still be dead at halftime", and one where Charlie and Allan have a great conversation on vinegar and water.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a rather new sitcom, Cougar Town.

I especially LOVE the thanksgiving episode. It's just funny, especially when Jules keeps trying to break the condom, and when all her efforts are useless, her son is totally embarrassed by his mother's actions, driving his gf away.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
one of my fave sitcoms is "will and grace."

my fave episode everrr is when jack finds out that rosie o'donell is elliott's mom. he confronts her by asking her to "say something lesbianic." she replies, "home depot," and jack shrieks out, *GASP* "SARAH JESSICA PARKER, YOU ARE A LESBIAN!"

i will have to youtube that clip now :rofl: