What is your favorite sketch or skit from a comedy show?

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know what I was doing between 1969 and 1974 because I believe I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen Monty Python.
That's ok. You have a good excuse being in the UK and all. You see, while we were sending you endless episodes of Kojak and I Love Lucy, you guys were sending us Monty Python which we have been rerunning on our Public Television (supported by grants and viewer contributions) stations over and over again since they first were released.

I hope we sent you The Sopranos, though. We still owe you for I Claudius with Derek Jacobi. That series singlehandedly put Public Television on the map here in the US.

Guy-Jin,
The digital shorts are pure genius. Did you know Dick In A Box won an emmy? Here is a new one for your list:

SNL Digital Short - I Ran

The beauty of these is their amazing production values. There is no better parody than a beautifully executed one.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Any "In the year 200" on the Conan o' Brien show usually cracks me the fuck up.. especially the old ones with his side kick.

YouTube - Conan - In the Year 2000: The Rock Edition

OH OH and the lever Conan would pull and a random ass clip of TEXAS WALKER RANGER would play.. is by far one of the most genius ideas ever
you gotta watch these if you haven't seen it
YouTube - Conan - Walker Texas Ranger Lever

YouTube - Walker Lever Mashup: Volume 2

YouTube - Walker told me I have aids

The daily show skit, "This week in religion" was fucking hilarious but I can't find any clips. Stephen Colbert did it and he would hit a button hahahaa oh man..

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mr. Show- the lie detector sketch. um...actually, just about anything by Mr. Show. :) YouTube - Shoecourt Shoe Store Job Interview

Monty Python- Philosopher's World Cup. or anything by Monty Python. ;) YouTube - Monty Python - International Philosophy

Kids in the Hall- anything featuring Hecubus. or, well...anything.

SNL- original cast or the 90s era with Hartman, Farley, Sandler, Myers, Nealon, Spade, Meadows, Rock, etc. particularly Sarcastic Clapping Family and the coffee taste test gone awry.

also, there was an old sketch troupe from my old hometown. i caught their shows a couple of times and found some of their sketches on Youtube. they're called the Sicks, and i'm a fan. :)

YouTube - The Sicks - Confederate Womanizer
YouTube - The Sicks - Pomp & Impudence

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of my favorites is from an old show "The Carol Burnette Show", where she plays a character known as Nora Desmond and she descends this grand staircase making all these exaggerated facial expressions. I used to imitate her doing that scene...I had her down pat! Very funny.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay