What is your fitness/training routine like?

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just wanted to see if people wanted to share what their fitness routines were like? What types of exercises do you enjoy doing? What types of exercise do you not enjoy or do regularly? What are your goals? etc. etc.

So, I'll start of this routine

I regularly do full body lifting routines that are focused around the basic lifts with some accessory work. In addition to this I do a lot of plyometric work, especially weighted squat jumps, and various types of medicine ball throws. Currently, I'm relying on hill sprints, both short/explosive and long/lactic, and extensive tempo work on the track as my go to for running conditioning.

Goals- Become a savage multi event track and field athlete, I just need to lose another 10-15 pounds to be at a more ideal weight for that sport, currently 225.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just wanted to see if people wanted to share what their fitness routines were like? What types of exercises do you enjoy doing? What types of exercise do you not enjoy or do regularly? What are your goals? etc. etc.

So, I'll start of this routine

I regularly do full body lifting routines that are focused around the basic lifts with some accessory work. In addition to this I do a lot of plyometric work, especially weighted squat jumps, and various types of medicine ball throws. Currently, I'm relying on hill sprints, both short/explosive and long/lactic, and extensive tempo work on the track as my go to for running conditioning.

Goals- Become a savage multi event track and field athlete, I just need to lose another 10-15 pounds to be at a more ideal weight for that sport, currently 225.
Mine is very elaborate... I walk the dogs and do yoga maybe 1-2 times a week haha

trynagetbig

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I Intermittent Fast and have cut alcohol out of my diet. I've been doing 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. Get those big compound movements like squats and deadlifts in. I don't do cardio but I keep my rest between sets at 60 seconds unless it's squats or deads, then it's 90 seconds. In four months I went from 209 to 185. October 1 I began a bulk. Clean bulk! More protein and quality fats. Now going heavy 4 sets of 6 reps.

Attachments

Flexxx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have used the Max-OT system of training for many years, both off season and during competitive season. Google it to find out more but it is basic heavy workouts that overload your muscles for growth. Simple. Short. Effective.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I Intermittent Fast and have cut alcohol out of my diet. I've been doing 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. Get those big compound movements like squats and deadlifts in. I don't do cardio but I keep my rest between sets at 60 seconds unless it's squats or deads, then it's 90 seconds. In four months I went from 209 to 185. October 1 I began a bulk. Clean bulk! More protein and quality fats. Now going heavy 4 sets of 6 reps.
Wow you look great!

Reactions: Gelflingfay

Mine tends to be a mixture of typical powerlifting for a couple of weeks, during which I'll be eating five times a week. Follow that with three or four cycles of the 5-3-1 Powerlifting programme, where I'll eat pretty much whatever I want ;)

My aim's just to lift bigger numbers.

Impressive guy! I love a rigorous workout!

not_brand_x

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Started working out in May 2015 after a fairly sedentary lifestyle for years. Worked with a trainer until last spring.

Routine is usually 4-5x a week, 1 hour sessions. Start with 10-15 minutes of cardio, followed by upper or lower body exercises depending on the day. Have recently started doing more body weight and cardio exercises and using an app called Freelectics to run those routines (found that app here!). Felt like I was in an exercise rut, so the change up in styles of exercises has been great.

https://www.lpsg.com/gallery/photos/progress-pics-1-year-of-hard-work.1038145/

Big4Asia

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
mixing things up at the moment...

Three days in the gym; one a cardio circuit, one lift focused, one a mix of the two.

Three days of yoga; one a Hatha, one a flow, one a Zen long hold

One day of biking / skateboarding / being outdoors.

Carbs only immediately after workout, 5 small meals a day, increasing my protein.
No alcohol.

Let's see what happens

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a day each for legs, shoulders, chest, and back. I use a mix of free weights, isometrics, and body weight - whatever is more challenging. Lots of squats, pull ups, chin ups, bench press, plank, push ups in all kinds of variations. I mix in lots of yoga, abs, and lower back stuff (anything to strengthen my core) and seasonal outdoor stuff. Stacking wood, tilling soil, rowing, hiking, swimming.

During the work day, I never use escalators or elevators, and I walk, run, or bike unless I absolutely have to do otherwise.

Though I'd love to look like a model, that's not the point.

I want to be able to outrun the zombies.

I do a lot of bodyweight and home work out routines which include free weights and HIIT. My body is more the lean muscle vs the big bulk. I am seeing gains in arms and chest which is great. My workout includes, weighted squats and lunges, Russian twists, mountain climbers , a lot of ab work and push up variation. I blast arms with different bicep/tricep/forearm combinations I work out 4x a week and cardio on Friday . I use Saturday and sunday as my "rest days". I walk and jog a lot as well and switch up routines every two weeks to keep the muscles guessing .

Attachments

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The closest I get to a routine, is to park in the last row of the parking lot, so I can walk to get my take out order
There's something to be said for consistency.

I exercise three or four days a week: Mon, Tues, Weds, and Friday. Never on weekends. I use only free weights, dumbbells and barbell. Occasionally I do bodyweight, like pushups, dips, and pullups.

Generally with lifts I go for 5x5 of one of the big lifts: deads, squat, cleans, press. Not cleans and presses the way I'd like to because I don't have a good space to dump the weights if I miss the lift. I do barbell bench press, too, but not often enough.

Once a week or so I'll do HIIT/metcon, and throw some compound movements together with dumbbells.

A long time ago I ditched machines and got interested in full-body compounds, then discovered Crossfit and followed that for a couple years. Now I make up my own programming and have ditched Crossfit. (I never belonged to a Crossfit box, just did it on my own with my own limited equipment).

And finally, I really should run more than I do. I run hardly ever.

For food, the only plan I follow is to eat good food, not too much. I don't avoid junk food but also don't overindulge, either. Don't drink alcohol much. I'll have a beer or mixed drink maybe once a month.

Last edited:

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There's something to be said for consistency.

I exercise three or four days a week: Mon, Tues, Weds, and Friday. Never on weekends. I use only free weights, dumbbells and barbell. Occasionally I do bodyweight, like pushups, dips, and pullups.

Generally with lifts I go for 5x5 of one of the big lifts: deads, squat, cleans, press. Not cleans and presses the way I'd like to because I don't have a good space to dump the weights if I miss the lift. I do barbell bench press, too, but not often enough.

Once a week or so I'll do HIIT/metcon, and throw some compound movements together with dumbbells.

A long time ago I ditched machines and got interested in full-body compounds, then discovered Crossfit and followed that for a couple years. Now I make up my own programming and have ditched Crossfit. (I never belonged to a Crossfit box, just did it on my own with my own limited equipment).

And finally, I really should run more than I do. I run hardly ever.

For food, the only plan I follow is to eat good food, not too much. I don't avoid junk food but also don't overindulge, either. Don't drink alcohol much. I'll have a beer or mixed drink maybe once a month.

If you were trying to make me Jealous, it worked :D Good man, keep up the good work

Reactions: twoton

dfresh3

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1hr of lifting 6 days a week, run 1 or 1.5 miles with jump rope rounds 4 days a week, wrestling jiu jitsu 5 days a week for about 1.5 hrs

dfresh3

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Supplements. But sometimes I do and have to back off a day. Always skirting a thin line of pushing myself to be better and also listening to your body and when it really needs a break. Also chiropractor and massage.

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What is an Intermittent Fast?