What is your fitness/training routine like?

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is an Intermittent Fast?

It means you have a selected period of time where you don't eat, it is a relatively new dietary fad that people believe will help them lose fat faster compared to just a standard calorically deficient diet.. A standard protocol consists of a 16 hour "fasting" period with an 8 hour time period where you eat. You could have your last meal at 8pm and "fast" until 12pm the next day, in a 16/8 window.

Oregon97420

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My "workout" is pretty primitive but i'm going 5 days a week.

3 sets of 20 pushups, situps, and air sqauts. Over time will increase the sets to the point where I'm doing 100/day each.
then, either run 2 to 3 miles or swim 500+ yards depending on if there is a pool close or its raining. I don;t care to run in the rain.

I was going to crossfit and loved it but my schedule and theirs didn't blend well so I'm on my own.

Reactions: sangheili90

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My "workout" is pretty primitive but i'm going 5 days a week.

3 sets of 20 pushups, situps, and air sqauts. Over time will increase the sets to the point where I'm doing 100/day each.
then, either run 2 to 3 miles or swim 500+ yards depending on if there is a pool close or its raining. I don;t care to run in the rain.

I was going to crossfit and loved it but my schedule and theirs didn't blend well so I'm on my own.

I got into swimming a couple years ago, I set a goal to be able to pass the navy SEAL swim test and now it is an effortless pace.

Oregon97420

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I got into swimming a couple years ago, I set a goal to be able to pass the navy SEAL swim test and now it is an effortless pace.
I struggle with swimming. My swim mates can do 1500 yards non stop and I struggle doing 150 yards non stop but I'm told it will get better with time so I keep going as often as I can.

Reactions: 933295

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I struggle with swimming. My swim mates can do 1500 yards non stop and I struggle doing 150 yards non stop but I'm told it will get better with time so I keep going as often as I can.

Your technique is probably off, I know when I first started and had no clue what I was doing swimming 50 yards was a real struggle for me. Do you wear goggles? If so, when you swim do you look directly down towards the bottom of the pool? If you don't do this you are probably looking up, which causes your lower body to sink downwards, which creates a lot of drag and makes swimming very difficult.

Oregon97420

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Your technique is probably off, I know when I first started and had no clue what I was doing swimming 50 yards was a real struggle for me. Do you wear goggles? If so, when you swim do you look directly down towards the bottom of the pool? If you don't do this you are probably looking up, which causes your lower body to sink downwards, which creates a lot of drag and makes swimming very difficult.
I wear googles and look at out slightly. My ass doesn't float very well so I deal with drag alot. I have a coach and she says my rotation is good, kick is too strong and that it sucks alot of air and energy from me but my pull is good. I've improved alot but still need to be in the water every day. I agree and go just about every day.

itsalondonthing

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Anyone want to give me good pointers for getting back into the gym? Just gunna do full body for a bit then I want to focus on my chest and legs. Any advice or videos or anything really related would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Charlie...start off with all the basic functional compound stuff, with body weight and kettle bells first.
Form is more important tham speed.
Do 10 mins warm up on a watt bike (200w *80-90 rpm) or oncept 2 rower. (1.50/500 * 28 strokes per min). Look at the Concept 2 website for the correct form. The amount of people I see using a rowing machine incorrectly (CrossFitters !! and people under PT instruction) is insane!
Just to get you started do a short circuit of:

10 press ups,
10 proper squats - parallel or if you're flexible enough deeper (with a 16/20kg kettle bell if proficient),
5-10 chin ups (use an assisted machine if you can't do a full pull up at 50-30% body weight)
20 lunges

repeat that 5 times.

Don't rush things, and build your strength slowly. Correct form is so important so if you're unsure or need a refresher, Bodybuilding.com has some good instructional videos. Have fun and good luck.

Reactions: charliesnorz

travelingwilly

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I did Insanity a couple of years ago it was tough as f**k but I managed to get to the end. Lost a load of weight and 4 inches of the waist.
The weight's starting to creep up again so I'm trying out T25 now gets a good sweat going I'll be finished Alpha bang on Christmas time.

I did Insanity a couple of years ago it was tough as f**k but I managed to get to the end. Lost a load of weight and 4 inches of the waist.
The weight's starting to creep up again so I'm trying out T25 now gets a good sweat going I'll be finished Alpha bang on Christmas time.

Insanity I finished years ago and T25 is great too! Really kicks your ass! The most important thing is the diet !
Good luck bro!

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I usually alternate my routines every 6 weeks. Now I'm doing a 4 day Push-Pull routine, with the majority of my rep range going from 6-10 or 8-12. The compound exercises like Squat, Bench press, Deadlift and Barbell Rows I do 4 sets 6-10 reps. The others 3 sets 8-12 reps.

Oregon97420

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm now at the point where I swim almost everyday also. The distance isn't that great but I am consistent and am seeing progress. A buddy of mine wants me to join him at the gym to workout. He puts in 3 to 4 hours per day at the gym but I'm not sure if I can handle that but less have the time available.

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is an Intermittent Fast?
check this website out http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

It all depends on my workload but right now I'm quiet so I hit the gym pretty much everyday - I listen to my body and take breaks when required. We tend to go away every 2-3 months for a week so I use that as rest periods. Recently I've been training:
Sun - legs
Mon - Arms & Abs
Tues - Chest & Biceps
Weds - Back
Thurs - Shoulders & Triceps
Fri - Arms & Abs
Sat - Upper body routine or pick out lagging muscle groups

I walk the dog for an hour most days and will add in 20-30mins cardio after weights as I run up to a holiday depending on whether it's a beach holiday or not. I was 242lbs and reasonably lean when I got back from Egypt in Dec last year but I'm down to around 232lbs now. I'm 6'3" with a 44" chest and 34" waist (trying to get to 32") I have long arms hence the frequency of training them. In my avatar photo I was circa 217lbs but very lean and was before a beach holiday.

If work is busy I might only train 3-4 times a week. But work tends to be quite physical so I'm getting a workout whilst working. During the winter I tend to gain weight, eating higher carbs but summer I'll cut the carbs or intermittent fasting.

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
check this website out http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

It all depends on my workload but right now I'm quiet so I hit the gym pretty much everyday - I listen to my body and take breaks when required. We tend to go away every 2-3 months for a week so I use that as rest periods. Recently I've been training:
Sun - legs
Mon - Arms & Abs
Tues - Chest & Biceps
Weds - Back
Thurs - Shoulders & Triceps
Fri - Arms & Abs
Sat - Upper body routine or pick out lagging muscle groups

I walk the dog for an hour most days and will add in 20-30mins cardio after weights as I run up to a holiday depending on whether it's a beach holiday or not. I was 242lbs and reasonably lean when I got back from Egypt in Dec last year but I'm down to around 232lbs now. I'm 6'3" with a 44" chest and 34" waist (trying to get to 32") I have long arms hence the frequency of training them. In my avatar photo I was circa 217lbs but very lean and was before a beach holiday.

If work is busy I might only train 3-4 times a week. But work tends to be quite physical so I'm getting a workout whilst working. During the winter I tend to gain weight, eating higher carbs but summer I'll cut the carbs or intermittent fasting.
Cool. Thanks for the information

Reactions: JackDoff

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Mine is very elaborate... I walk the dogs and do yoga maybe 1-2 times a week haha
I'd like to watch you do yoga!

this question I could answer for like a day and a half maybe more
I like training in martial arts despite how agrevating it gets and often depresses me actually

I get great results for my weight from jogging but I sure hate it

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Mine tends to be a mixture of typical powerlifting for a couple of weeks, during which I'll be eating five times a week. Follow that with three or four cycles of the 5-3-1 Powerlifting programme, where I'll eat pretty much whatever I want ;)

My aim's just to lift bigger numbers.

do you have a link to read about the 5 3 1 program by chance

steel33

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Right now I'm doing 4 days a week lifting for an hour. Basically if I push I oppose that set with set or pulls as mush as possible and then throw in other sets in those muscle groups to fill a hour
Monday legs
Tuesday arms
Wednesday chest and back
Thursday stretching
Friday shoulders
3 to 4 days a week I'll do a HIIT class.
I also play or ref 5 to 9 games a week .
I do have to watch it though since I'm 55. In the last 6 months I've broken 2 fingers and had a bad wrist sprain due to hockey, all separate accidents. That slows down your lifting.