What Is Your Goal?

Grew up as a lanky kid and got ridiculed for it. At the gym my metabolism had me as a hard-gainer. I kept trying to get myself to 170lbs by lifiting and couldn't get there, even with insane high-protein eating. Over the past year I finally broke through to 175lbs with good lean gain--looks great in the mirror. My goal this year is to keep up the lean gains to 180-185lbs but keep the 33" waist that I'm proud of.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Since May, I've made a little progress in getting rid of this Dad body. I can see physically that the weight and fat are slowly coming off. I'm both excited that I'm seeing results and a bit disappointed that I haven't been able to achieve my goal. However, the year isn't over yet.

I've gained some weight but it's muscle not fat, and I continue to loose some of the belly fat. I'm determined that this belly fat and love handles are going away one way or the other.

If I can get my mid section in line with the rest of my body I'll be a happy camper.

D

deleted3782

I want to be able to do 10 chin ups without feeling like I'm having a stroke after. Im up to 2 reps of five right now.

Reactions: Stratavos and Gj816

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At age 68 and still with an ectomorph type metabolism, it's damn difficult to add muscle but I do think my shoulders, upper chest, and legs are slowly gaining muscle mass. Comments from guys at my gym who have known me for 10-12 years support that sense, too.
My shoulders feel better than they have for about 30 years when I had a major injury.

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This year I want to eat even healthier than last year, eat even more protein, which will therefore help transition me to the fitness goals this year. I like my size (and my body fat percentage) even though I get body shamed for being "skinny", I just want to look stronger and more defined overall. So I want to strengthen my chest, strengthen my thighs, my calfs, my ass, my arms. I love where my abs are, but I want to see if my adjustments this year help me get them even more defined. But a stronger chest is the most important one to me this year. Also, my muscle mass is 48 percent, I want to try to get it a little over 50 which shouldn't be too hard. I've already started this and I'm making progress.
I get body-shamed by the general population for not being fat as well. I thought that I was the only one!
My goal is more muscle mass.