What is your greatest fear in life?

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
I think that the greatest fear in life { if you can call it that or as a part of life } is going to hell { if it exists }. Everything else pales in comparsion.

Reactions: The Little Boy

Krusader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
One more thing to add for me - Heights
I rather run thru a bed of coals then be in a place with great heights. Sometimes i even walk further to a traffic lights then walk across a overhead bridge :frown1:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think I have any truly irrational fears but I am still scared of the dark sometimes, (just a little) or rather what may be lurking in the dark. My health is something I worry about as well but I try to keep in shape.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think mine is at this juncture in life, reaching middle age with not much to show but disappointment.

My greatest fear:

That really is a loaded question for me because I have many fears but not sure if any of them is greater then the other. Instead of one I will list many of them which really in my life are just as important to me as the other.

Lack of financial security/loss of job
Being alone & dying alone
Missing out on opportunity
Never seeing certain people again
Not having full mental capacity in later stages of life
Poor health

Those are my fears which I think about more often then others.

I fear a majority neo conservative christianist takeover of the Senate and the House of the USA that repeals more than 100 years of of civilized, cultural advancement. Seriously.

To quote Steven Colbert: "If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admist that we just don't want to do it."

Poor health, im afraid of being a burden on my family

Being forced to eat a "pizza" with pineapples
Mealy mouthed liberals
Whiney conservatives
being stranded anywhere with Harry Reid, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Al Sharpton, Oprah Winfrey, Nancy Grace, Bret Favre, Jay Leno, Andy frigging Griffith......
Going blind

Many things in life are frightening but for me the worst would be bad health.

Giving up.

my biggest fear is that mankind becomes so hard and selfserving that the
true essance of being human is lost forever.

I don't think I have any truly irrational fears but I am still scared of the dark sometimes, (just a little) or rather what may be lurking in the dark. My health is something I worry about as well but I try to keep in shape.

That we'll never get over our collective insanity and end up destroying ourselves. Especially if I survive (though I'd rather survive it than die), I've read the Swan Song.

All of these. Plus, I fear ending up alone and desperately poor in my old age, as well as going deaf.

NCbear (who already has many of the symptoms of central auditory processing disorder :rolleyes:)

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
^^ Krus - Awww.

Tbh, I've got several, but they scare the shit outta me, so I block them out by thinking of all the cool things I wanna do instead. :/ Bit simplistic, but hey.

PS: Massive - I got bitten when I was 10, too! On my arse, by an alsatian. Grr. >:[

Only a proper lad like yourself would call a German Shepherd, an Alsatian :)

Reactions: Joll

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Death. Every fear is ultimately a fear of death be it quick or slow.

Nuclear holocaust and the suffering & death of my species from it. This sword of Damocles hangs over us still.

Reactions: ronin001

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Got a few . a) being mauled and/or eaten by a shark . , b) being unable to defend myself against attack . , c) being the "last man standing " ( family & friends gone ) , d) seeing my beautiful country over run , ( from within or from outside ) .e) being burned alive . f) dying of thirst . Am already living one of my fears , no wife & kids . Undeniably , the greatest of many regrets . That will do for now . Oh i forgot spiders . I hate fucking spiders .

Reactions: twoton