What is your greatest FEAR?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Nice and Simple..... I know.

IF you feel like it, take a few seconds or minutes, and talk about your biggest fear, or fears if you have them.... Be as elaborate as you wish.:rolleyes:

I have a few fears, but my biggest one, has to be the dark. Now, before you go.. "WTF?", I am not afraid of the ACTUAL DARKNESS... but more what is lurking in the shadows... the FEAR of the UNKNOWN.... I like knowing WHO or WHAT is surrounding me....

Anyone else?:biggrin1:

Honey Honoria

1st Like
Media
I live a simple life, I'm afraid of many things.... The most notable being falling from heights... The high ones in particular (for obvious reasons), and spiders. They're too crawly, creepy, hairy, and bitey... We need to breed some sort of bug eating butterfly to completely replace spiders, so we don't have to worry about them anymore. :)

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
I don't know, Jeff. I don't think I have a "greatest fear" as much as I have a few collective fears. I guess my greatest fear would be all of my 'small' fears happening to me at once.

Who knew?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Greatest fear? Dying in such a way that my remains could never be located, leaving my family and friends with neither closure nor certainty as to whether I was really dead.

I love your cheery threads, Jeffrey. :rolleyes:

danglybanger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dying alone and miserable, producing nothing of value in my pathetic life and being forgotten.

not being able to handle the "rigors" of everyday life and getting bogged down in them.

Being forced to forsake all my dreams and beliefs in exchange for an easy way out.

That good enough? :biggrin1: Hopefully the likelihood of any of those things happen is small, but sometimes I wonder.

Slade

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
LOL, thanks ALEX. It's not as dark as you think..Some people are scared of clowns, and mustard:cool:

I think it is important to combat our fears head on. Something I learned in Psych class (One of the few things, I assure you.:tongue: )

Fear only works if you are unable to confront it. I happened to be going through my notes, and realized I still hadn't confronted my fears....So, what better way to do it, then go through it with others.

CONQUER YOUR FEARS, and YOU SHALL CONQUER DEATH!!!!! :rolleyes:

( Isn't that how the quote goes? Something with Colin Farrell in Alexander...)

Something else that surprises me, is that no one seems to be AFRAID of being discriminated against for being homosexual..Just a thought.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jeff black said:
Nice and Simple..... I know....

Some mundane ones; certain bugs, bekumming ceenyle (oops), dying in a fire, loosing my cellphone....

The BIGGIE is simple indeed:

When lying on my deathbead that my last thought should be; "what if..".:mad::eek:

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dying alone, with no one there.
It would mean that I had done nothing in my life for anyone to care about. or remember
Dying and wondering who would take care of my animals, wondering what would happen to them if I am gone.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Alright, Jeff. You asked for it . . .

Two phobias plagued me when I was a child: Spiders and a certain tall houseplant with a very wide leaf span sold at the corner florist. The spider phobia was conquered (somewhat) through forcing myself to study them, using books without pictures. I began to find them fascinating and still do, although I still don't want one as a pet or crawling on my arm. Call it a child's wild imagination but that houseplant looked menacing. I was convinced it would eat me if I came near it, so I avoided it. Years later when I became interested in gardening and houseplants, I found that very plant in a book I purchased and the latin name for it? Monstera. No wonder.

On to adulthood . . . My two biggest fears: Leaving this earth and (unknowingly) not expressing my love for my family and friends as much as I am capable of, and not properly harnessing my power and potential as a human being.

And mayonnaise. Not mustard, Jeff. Mayonnaise that's been left out of the fridge for too long.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Greatest fear:

1) Dying without having let those I love know how just how much I love them and how they've made all the difference in my life.

2) Physical chronic pain. It's a huge fear of mine.

(I'm a true fairy in this regard):redface:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Live a mediocre stagnant life, giving up or retiring from persuing my dreams...

Choosing the wrong life partner...

Be locked in closed spaces bcause i do have claustrophobia episodes...to be buried dead...or people think i died and bury me..and than i wake up....:eek: