What is your greatest FEAR?

mjfriel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
rhino_horn said:
fear of failure will result in failure. cmon man...CMON!:smile:

I hear you but there is always that nagging thought that potential will not be fulfilled! I suppose that's what I meant. Unfulfilled potential.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
mjfriel said:
I hear you but there is always that nagging thought that potential will not be fulfilled! I suppose that's what I meant. Unfulfilled potential.

you sound blue, listen to some motivational music, like push it to the limi-aaaahhhhhht from scarface...:smile:

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of not being afraid, fear gives you that little cautionary pause that may save your ass. There have been too many times that I have been too nonchalant about a situation and have suffered the consequences. Fortunately nothing really dire has transpired but I sometimes wonder why I am not more careful when I have recognized the risk and not acted upon the probability. Sometimes I am in a hurry, lazy or too tired to take the time to secure the situation.

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
Having seen elderly relatives linger for years with Alzheimer's and a friend die of AIDS, I can't decide which fear is worse -- to lose my mind before my body deteriorates or die by degrees, losing a piece of dignity day by day until my body is...ugh, enough of this.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
So, it seems that many biggest fears are existential and experiential in nature rather than of physical objects, animals, so forth. Interesting. I suppose that would make sense though because children begin as concrete thinkers, so it'd make sense that they fear something than some idea. Still cool though. Chalk another one to "failure" here.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Dr Rock said:
why would anybody be AFRAID of that? surely they'd be PISSED OFF, not frightened.

Ahh Rock, you are such a big strong man:rolleyes:

People can fear being mistreated by others because they are a different gender, race, or sexual orientation. I think we use the term "fear" differently.
I probably shouldn't have said afraid, but it is a concern among others, for sure.

But still, it was just a thought, I won't hijack my own thread by turning it into some sort of arguement about gay people/blacks/women having no rights.

Thanks to alot of you that contributed. I always figured that death before feeling complete in life would be a big one....

BUT MAYO???? Merc... what the heck??:tongue: :tongue:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
My big fear is a long period of senility or extreme disability before I die.
I wouldn't want to be helpless, a burden, and unable to enjoy life.
(I wouldn't mind having a final week, say, during which I knew I was dying ... to complete things and prepare myself, for who knows what.)
Apart from that, no one fear stands out.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
mercurialbliss said:
And mayonnaise.

I have a friend who is deathly allergic to mayonaise, he hasn't pinpointed what is in mayonaise that he is allergic to, but when he accidentally ingests enough mayonaise his airways close up and he needs to go to the emergency room. Many people don't realize that some chocolate cake recipes contain mayonaise, its a killer for him. He took a small bite of french bread at an Italian restaurant and had an immediate allergic reaction but not fatal, when he confronted the chef about mayonaise on the french bread the chef could not believe that he had detected mayonaise on the bread.

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I used to fear many things, I was raised in a family where my father ruled through fear. I have worked very hard to replace the word fear with faith. I have strong faith that God/The Universe will provide me the things that I ask for. I used to fear that I would never meet a partner that I was attracted to on all levels. I used to fear that my life would be about whitegoods, upgrading the car every year and living in the suburbs. I used to fear that people would be afraid of my passion and intensity about life and love. I used to fear my powers of intuition. Oh, and on a lighter note I used to really fear spiders, but that one is work in progress!

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dirtyde said:
I used to fear many things, I was raised in a family where my father ruled through fear. I have worked very hard to replace the word fear with faith. I have strong faith that God/The Universe will provide me the things that I ask for. I used to fear that I would never meet a partner that I was attracted to on all levels. I used to fear that my life would be about whitegoods, upgrading the car every year and living in the suburbs. I used to fear that people would be afraid of my passion and intensity about life and love. I used to fear my powers of intuition. Oh, and on a lighter note I used to really fear spiders, but that one is work in progress!

I used to fear my own intuition as well. Isn't it amazing when you stop listening to other people (not speaking of wise counsel here but paying too much attention to what other people say in general) and pay heed to your intuition that you life suddenly becomes so much easier? When I was younger, I constantly second-guessed myself and 99% of the time I regretted it. My life changed when I began honing my powers of intuition.

noface60

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am very afraid of riding roller coasters. And Final Destination 3 did not help either. I have a mild fear of spiders, the ones that look too scary to kill. Emotionally, I am afraid of being unkown, or only being known as a number in a list. I strive to be unique.

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Ultimate Fear for me would be if G.W. Bush could be elected for a third term! But from the unviversal scare to the most personal,,, that I could not die in the arms of a loved one of mine.

scottmac

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Falling from a great height, it seems to be a recurring theme for me. Looking over the edge of a high building now sends shivers down my spine. It never used to worry me. Must be old age catching up with me. :redface: