View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I moved from a 77 to a 26 and I dislike the change. Most of the places I could walk to are not pleasant walks because of the lack of sidewalks, terror of being struck by cars, the weeds and brush, and drainage ditches.

erindera

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel super lucky now! My neighborhood scored a 94 for walking!

It's also a good area for cycling, as there are abundant bike lanes and a (mostly) aware populace of drivers.

The only bad thing is that the transit here's not super great. Scored a 41 on the site - they're extending the light rail out this way, though, which will be fantastic.

Walk Score of 90025

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My walk score is a 55, but I can walk to the Y (20 minutes), the grocery store (25 minutes), the taqueria :tongue: (15 minutes), and several other important places--a bookstore, two coffee houses, downtown and its bars and restaurants, etc.

If I had more time, I could walk all over the older parts of my city. :wink:

NCbear (who needs to get off my butt more often and exercise more :tongue:)

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
98!

Which is remarkable for a Southern city/neighborhood (though, Richmond, VA probably shares an urban typology more similar to a northern [northeastern] city than most southern cities).

Closest restaurant is on the ground floor of the building I live in (at least 7 more within a 1 block radius and countless when you get out to 2 blocks). YMCA is 1 block south. Closest bar* is at the end of the block. Closest 'entertainment' is the next block (a stage theater). 2 bike shops within a block or two. A not-for-profit thrift store on the same block.

Anyone from Richmond can probably guess the block (if not the very building) where I live.

The city just hired a new "Bike Czar" (err..his official title is Bicycle, Pedestrian and Trails Coordinator or something) so I'm just crossing my fingers that the approved bike lanes will be painted soon!

*VA has strange alcohol laws so we don't really have bars in the traditional sense.

The house I grew up in has a walk score of 35.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I currently live in a 74, but my hometown is a 41. (Even 41 seems awfully high, though.)

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My home ranks 42, which is odd.

I say odd, because I can walk to the grocery store, via sidewalk, in 5 minutes. I can walk to the vet (3 minutes), several restaurants (3 minutes), 2 elementary schools (7 minutes each), several parks (4 minutes), a library (10 minutes), a gay bar (15 minutes), a barber (3 minutes)... and several high profile office buildings (2 mins or less - they're literally on the other side of the block), and all of this is via sidewalk! So why did my home score so low? (I suspect it's because most of my zip code is pretty rural).