What is your lame claim to fame?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I hit ball more than once with Boris Becker (he loved my groundies) in the mid 90's, and met quite a few of my tennis heroes around that time (Navratilova, McEnroe (John and Patrick)) and others not as famous like Ivanisavic, Paes, Sabatini).

In May 1984, I sorta stepped on Jimmy Connors' shadow at the entry to the Hotel Mathis Elysée Matignon in Paris. (I think it was just the Hotel Matignon at the time.)
He was in his tennis whites, going, if I remember rightly, to the French Open.

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My latest lame claim to fame is my run in with Ron Jeremy. He's called me several times since then too. A new budding friendship - LOL!

The same week I met Ron I also met a woman named Erin Hudson. She is a childhood friend of my business partner. Erin is married to Ollie Hudson (nothing at all like his sister Kate btw), son of Goldie Hawn. Erin is also an actress (and is one of the most beautiful women I've ever met). Erin told us all about being Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel's daughter in law. She said Goldie is exactly as you'd expect her to be - funny and down to earth, and Kurt is just a regular, normal, laid back, sweet guy who still doesn't get why people would want his autograph.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
In May 1984, I sorta stepped on Jimmy Connors' shadow at the entry to the Hotel Mathis Elysée Matignon in Paris. (I think it was just the Hotel Matignon at the time.)
He was in his tennis whites, going, if I remember rightly, to the French Open.

He was part of the tennis brat pack at that time. That gang had the same social clout as A-list actors. They could go anywhere... do anything. 1984 was the tail end of the Connors/McEnroe rivalry (Borg took over Connors' role). I assume he was playing at Roland Garros, not too far from . He lost to McEnroe in the semi's, which was a huge upset because Connors ruled clay; Mac was seeded fist but was horrible on clay. In fact, only one other net player has one in Paris since (Yannick Noah, who was French).

Tennis whites are a thing of the past in all the majors now, except Wimbledon.

Did you follow him down the Champs Elysée?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Mac was seeded fist but was horrible on Clay.
Ah.
Don't care if your name is Ray, Trey or Clay ... you don't want the guy seeded fist to be horrible.

That can get really horrible.

In fact, only one other net player has one in Paris since (Yannick Noah, who was French).
Good for Yannick.
But
I thought most of them had one.
I hear tell that that Lleyton Hewett really has one.

Did you follow him down the Champs Elysée?
Only to the McDonald's.

Last edited:

How about a full Canadian half naked?

I just re-read my post. I can't believe that I wrote, "The Princess of Whales."

Happens to everyone. Homonyms suck.

I have to take that back. I have seen a few Canadians completely naked... and then some.

I've been profiled in major newspapers and magazines for being a major mid century collector. I was in one of the WORST horror movies ever made. My ex sister in laws brother directed a movie w/Alec Baldwin..Ruth Buzzi is my from my home town...heeee

You're not old enough to be in the worst list... unless you were in one of the Leprechaun films.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Once at a concert where Kansas was playing between songs I yelled "Dust in the Wind" as loud as I could and the singer walked over to where I was like 4 or 5 people deep in the crowd against the railing and spoke to me and my friends a bit and then went back on stage and did the song. It made for one of the best concerts I'd been to except maybe Pink Floyd, no one can beat a pink floyd concert.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I had to demo some new equipment to Prince Charles when he came to open our new building.

I used to live round the corner from Tim Henman and met him a few times in the pub.

Terry Osbourne (Ozzy's nephew) tried to pick up my boyfriend.

A Sky News anchor wasn't too happy to be turned down by me.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
unique said:
I met William Shatner in the men's toilet at an airport and heard him pass some serious gas in the next stall, that was even more odd. I'm pretty sure I chuckled out loud.

C'mon, UE. Tell us the whole William Shatner story. I think it's hilarious.

Tempting, rec, but I have a feeling the loud, explosive, rhythmic (maybe a little melodic), messy details won't be as well received by "most." Definitely one I'm happy to tell by phone... I've had many-a-belly-hurting-cry-laughter-session at Shatnear's expense than any man... a man who truly manned his photon torpedoes for maximum spread.

:jester: :rofl:

Forgot: I "took something" along with one of Michael Bolton's daughters, whom I went to school with. It was truly uneventful, however.

Last edited:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
This is where it all started for me!
YouTube - Christmas Ice Skaters - 1967 Andy Williams Christmas Show

I wonder which one you are. Is that really Andy doing those spins?

Definitely one I'm happy to tell by phone... I've had many-a-belly-hurting-cry-laughter-session at Shatnear's expense than any man... a man who truly manned his photon torpedoes for maximum spread.
You had me crying. The sound effects alone...

Last edited by a moderator:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My band opened up for the speed guitar duo Cacophony when I was only fifteen years old (I was the lead guitar player). Marty Friedman and Jason Becker were my guitar heroes at the time and to open up for them was pretty fuckin' rad! :biggrin1:!!

I got to meet Vivica Fox... in person, she is short, really light skinned... and nice as fuck.

I had to take a beer out of Ric Flair's hand as he was leaving the bar that I was bouncing for and... I think one of the Anderson brothers (old school NWA wrestlers) hit on me one night.

I chatted with Jon Spencer of the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion for a bit once.

I also grew up with up and coming comedian Sebastian Maniscalco in Chicago. He was really fuckin' quiet and I had no idea that he was even funny... he had strict parents and he wasn't allowed to run with us heathens most of the time.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Ah.
Don't care if your name is Ray, Trey or Clay ... you don't want the guy seeded fist to be horrible.

That can get really horrible.
Clay getting fisted by Connors... I must have missed that one. Maybe he fisted Chrissy Evert when they dated. Maybe that's why she dumped him for Andy Mills... then started pumping out the babies.

Media
David Kawasaki? Hasn't everyone seen him nekkid?

How about a full Canadian half naked?

You still haven't gotten me his autograph. I'll be watching The Tudors soon. I can't wait!

I just re-read my post. I can't believe that I wrote, "The Princess of Whales."

you shall have it as promised Rec...

Back in the 80's I met many people from bands: (Los Angeles was a BLAST in the 80's, at least for me)

My friend introduced me to this weird guy named Mark from a band call The Rinky Dinks. He sat on my bed and we smoked pot, he laughed at all of my jokes and complimented me on how funny I was. Now days he is known as Mark McGrath from Extra entertainment news. (and yes he did love wearing women's whore red panties.)

I know Jamie Stewart (far right) former bass player for The Cult. When their album "Electric" hit the charts, he invited me and a couple of other friends to the Fire Woman video shoot. I am in the crowd shots as are a couple of my friends. Some kinky headed guy stepped in front of me blocking the camera so I stuck my wad of chewing gum on his jacket. (camera hog)

Jamie got us back stage to many shows and all though his band mates were very anti "mo" we got on famously.

Ian Astbury wrote the song "Sanctuary" for my friend Verna Wilson who lives in San Francsico. Her famous cousins are Anne and Nancy Wilson of Heart. (Their fathers are twin brothers)

Best show ever for The Cult was on their Love tour at Santa Monica civic center...Tex and the Horseheads, TSOL some realy great bands played in that show.

I only recently found Jamie again, he lives in England with his wife and family.

I hestitate to tell my Wayne Hussy story, he was in a band called The Mission (an off shoot of The Sisters of Mercy) he came on to me during a show in orange county, making a drunken attempt to pass me a rose. (embarassing claim to fame) Now had that been Andrew Eldrich passing me that rose...whoooa! I would have pulled him down off that stage and man handled him right there! LOL

Oh, one more. I went with a buddy of mine to Radio Shack one afternoon here in Orange County...both of us stoned and buzzed on beer (It was the 80's) Madonna's "True Blue" came on the radio and being that it was my "jam" I cut loose singing along thinking there was no one else in the store. I turn around and Ethan Wayne is standing there smiling at me, nodding his head in approval. (as in John Wayne. Their family had a home on Balboa Island in Newport Beach for a time.)

I was so freaked, not thinking he "liked" me....LOL I ran and hid in the store behind the telephones, all the while my buddy was howling with laughter and to this day still teases me about singing "True Blue" to Ethan Wayne all up in the Radio Shack.

I'll stop now... LOL

Last edited:

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
I've met a lot of famous folks over the years, from religious leaders, sports figures, actors, musicians, politicians, etc., but one of the coolest was James Garner. He always remembered your name, was gentlemanly, warm, and dignified, but still a man's man. I got to rehearse his lines with him one day.

I would have liked to have met Steve McQueen.