What is your lame claim to fame?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
]I met Jon Bon Jovi when I was 17. He was the first adult to offer me a beer.[/[/B]QUOTE] Okay, that is way cool!

My best friend of about 40 years, is first cousin to Todd Rucci. He used to be #71 for the New England Patriots. :cool: He is retired now and he and his wife operate a gym in suburban Pennsylvania.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I had dinner with Grace Jones in Provincetown just before Memorial Day weekend in 1980. She was sensational, as you can imagine, but her French was terrible.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shared a small plane with Kurt Russel and his then wife Season Hubley when he was filming in my hometown. Met Tom Selleck at a LASIK clinic in Calgary. Got drunk with singer Bryan Adams after a concert in my hometown. Very interesting people, all of them.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Many moons ago I shouted "Luv yah, Muddy" as Muddy Waters walked just beneath me out the exit of an outdoor amphitheater in Toronto.
He looked up and waved.

He'd just finished a great concert.

Here's a cheat: I was given a ticket to sit beside Weird Al Yankovic at a comedy club back in the 80s.
I was sick and couldn't go.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
MOST CRINGE-WORTHY CLAIM TO FAME:
I appeared on a horrible cable TV dating show in the 80's {shudders}.

MOST FRUSTRATING CLAIM TO FAME:
I'm a bass player and songwriter, but my lifelong quest for that elusive recording contract always eluded be. Nevertheless...two bands I was in played every toilet in NY and NJ twice, and I still have the 7" platform boots from my stage costume to prove it. That's something of a claim to fame, eh?

MOST LPSG-WORTHY CLAIM TO FAME:
Just ask any former bedmate of mine what I'm most famous for. They'll tall Ya... :wink:

I once got a pager message from Moors Murderer, Myra Hindley. Sorta. :/

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had dinner with Grace Jones in Provincetown just before Memorial Day weekend in 1980. She was sensational, as you can imagine, but her French was terrible.
Uhm why was she speaking French in PTown? Wasn't Provincetown still part of America back then?:confused:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Met Trent Reznor in New Orleans, spring of 1994. My friends and I crawled into the Napoleon House around midnight looking for a quiet table and a few drinks. There was only one table with people and my friend Karen suddenly grabbed my arm and whispered into my ear "is that Trent Reznor?", I looked over and immediately recognised him as she ran over and introduced herself. He was very polite but clearly wanted to be left alone so I pulled her away and headed towards another table near the wall. I asked the waiter to send him and his crew one of whatever they were drinking (Cuervo Gold) and they toasted us in thanks. :smile:

Met Armand Assante in Chicago one day while his crew were filming Baby's Day Out (think that's the name of the movie) near my workplace. Nice guy.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was a little kid, I got to meet and shake hands with Roy Rogers.

I've also met Dorothy Lamour, Tony Dow and Jerry Mathers (when I was in my teens).

I used to work with Dan Quayle's sister-in-law. :biggrin1:

And I've met Rik Smits (who I totally drooled over at the time, so that was a real treat! I had my picture taken with him and my friends were laughing about how with me standing and him sitting, his head was almost even with mine! He's 7'4"...) and was in a shopping mall at the same time that Jermaine O'Neal was shopping there (and yes, I did see him in the mall).

New addition to lame claim to fame:

Tonight I went to the opera and there I saw the most bizarre trio:

Hugh Jackman
Austin Scarlett
and
Henry Kissinger

They weren't together, but imagine if they were... it's a bit frightening. In my cousin's words, "Kissinger looked like a guy wearing a rubber Henry Kissinger mask."

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My mom and Wendy Williams mom were friends when my folks lived in New Jersey. They belonged to the same women's clubs and often did lunch.

How ya doin'! :biggrin1: (Yeah, I've watched a bit of the Wendy Williams Show...)

Oh, and another one of mine: My name was announced on a local kids' TV show on my 6th birthday.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In a previous career era, I held therapy sessions that on occasion included some of Hollywood's mixed-up narcissists. Unfortunately, confidentiality prevents me from naming names.