What Is Your Number One Pet Peeve?

nsxdotcom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Let's see. Poor spelling and grammar, using the incorrect form of the word, improper use of phrases and double negatives top my list.

So few people seem to realize the difference between your and you're, to and too and so on.

There aren't such words as prolly, proply, probally, etc.

I can't tell you haw many times in a day I hear I seen it or This is broke when what they mean to say is This is broken. They mean something completely different.

And those people that say I could care less don't realize that it's I could NOT care less.

Lastly, the people that put an apostrope and an 's' to make a word plural: Do's, TV's, DVD's, 80's, etc.

I know I'm far from perfect, but these are the ones that bug the ever lovin' shit out of me.

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
People who say they will meet you at a scheduled time but call you hours later, explaining they got tied up. Why not take the time to make a courtesy call to say you are running late?

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
- liars
- being placed on call waiting, i just hang up
- brats
- bad manners
- people who drive to slow
- going into any store and having to wait to check out

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have many. Hypocrisy is a big one, it has already been listed here many times by others. One that's on my mind lately though is this:

People who feel the need to roll out their credentials or qualifications for having an opinion.

They often follow this up by attempting to malign the credentials or qualifications of anyone else disagreeing with them by assuming that their own experiences/education/background has somehow made their opinions superior and therefore right.

They will spout off, often laundry-list style, the number of minorities they've slept with or the number of gay friends they've had as if this somehow makes them an expert. They'll give you a list of all the different countries they've lived. They'll list what school they attended or what degree they have, what stupid blogs they read or pundit shows they listen to, how old they are, what celebrities they know, the qualifications of friends or significant others, etc etc. all in the twice vain attempt to make themselves seem like an expert.

At the end of the day, though, if an idea is good it should be able to stand on its own. Who first had the idea should be irrelevant. Considering a great thinker's own biases and prejudices will shed light on exactly where the idea came from, but in weighing the pros or cons of an idea, ultimately it shouldn't be considered.

On the other hand, if an idea is shit, it's still shit, regardless of how much perspective you think you have. If you can't back up your ideas with real arguments instead of resorting to "well I've lived in more countries than you so I know what I'm talking about" or "I have children so I know what I'm talking about" or "I have a friend who wrote a thesis paper on this subject so I know what I'm talking about".... then your idea is probably shit, or at the very very least, you are a poor candidate for defending it.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hate people who make noise when they suck the last bits of beverage thru a straw.

I also hate people who talk while yawning, or talk while eating.

MusclePrinceXXX

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Although I have many pet peeves that range from certain people to just random things in general, my BIGGEST pet peeve has got to be when people bother me to do something when I'm eating. I fucking hate that! :mad:

My second biggest one would be stupid, idiotic people who don't have an ounce of common sense.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
nosey individuals,they make me wanna get violent.
I so totally understand that! So where in Savannah do you live? Have you lived there long? What are the winters like? Are you an only child?
What's your favorite movie? :biggrin1:

My second biggest one would be stupid, idiotic people who don't have an ounce of common sense.

You may as well check out now; because you are gonna hate life here on earth. :tongue::redface:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
...my BIGGEST pet peeve has got to be when people bother me to do something when I'm eating. I fucking hate that! :mad:

Jesus, that happens to me at work sometimes. People bug me with trivial bullshit when I'm tryin' to relax and eat my meal in peace. Drives me batshit. 8 hours in a workday and they just gotta bug me during the 1/2 hour I'm supposed to have to myself.