What is your occupation?

Supersized

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What do you do for a living?

I've had a house cleaning business for 5 years now. I work part-time after cutting back significantly due to some health problems.

If you have a college degree, does it pertain to your current job, if not, what was your major in college?

No

Do you like your job?

I love working for myself, being by myself and scheduling my own hours. And making as much as some of my degreed friends.

How about you?
I'm an engineer, physicist, and mathematician.
yes
yes

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I am a photographer (part time), a mother (full time), and an artist.

If you have a college degree, does it pertain to your current job, if not, what was your major in college?

I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography, and though I use my art training in my job to set me apart from my colleagues and competition, it's not necessary. I was also a biochemistry and neuroscience major, but I abandoned those degrees 7/8ths of the way through.

Do you like your job?

I do. I love the flexibility, the work, the process. Being a mom is very challenging, but my son is the most wonderful thing I've ever done.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1. What do you do for a living? Currently I am a domestic engineer.....mom of 2 elementary school age kids (my baby is in Kindergarten this year! Daughter is in 5th grade.) I run the household. Make sure everybody is where they are supposed to be.....I am the taxi driver / family social directer. But I don't bring in any money.
I also have free time for volunteer activities.

2. If you have a degree does it pertain to current job? What was your major in college? I have a degree in elementary education with my minor in early childhood. Believe it or not my education has helped me out a lot with my children. More than I ever dreamed it would. I just went to college to please my parents. I didn't know what I wanted to do. I still don't. Everybody thought that I am good with kids so I went elementary ed. It was an easy degree for me to get and at the time it was enjoyable. But student teaching was another story. It wasn't anything like I thought it was going to be. I felt like I was back in school again and I found myself watching the clock miserable feeling like I was in jail. So, unfortunately......I have never really used my degree. My favorite job I have had is working in a public library setting. For 5 years in Virginia I worked in a law library. I loved it. I also had a little side job going around updating law firms private libraries. I have been told that if I ever want to go back to work.....there are libraries here that would take me in a heartbeat. But then I would have to fight heavy traffic. And I would have to put my kids in before and after school care. Naw!!!! Maybe I will substitute teach next school year just to see if my feelings have changed about teaching. It is better pay than anything else I can do, I am sure.

Where my education has really come in handy has been with my son. He was born low birthweight and he had some issues. (He threw up every single day for 3 years) So I have had nutritionists, speech pathologists and occupational therapists at my house each one twice a month. Plus I had him in a mothers day out program since he was 6 weeks old till he went to Kindergarten. My son has always kept me busy. It has been a long hard road......And it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I just don't see how parents do it when they have a child with any form of problems if they have had to go through as much crap as I have had to go through. It is like the blind leading the blind. Anyways at least I feel like I have a leg up. I know the right channels to go through. And I will fight for my child. He will not fall into the cracks as long as I have breath in my body.

3. Do you like your job? Of course. There isn't any place I would rather be. It gives me free time to enjoy volunteer social activities.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I'm a Chef, though now the family business is being sold as Mum and Dad go into retirement, I'm in the process of setting up my own business and training to be a proofreader and copy-editor. I'm tired of Chef work, long hours, stressful, although well paid.

I have a 2:1 BA in English Literature and Cultural and Community studies, no good for Cheffing, but great for the copy-editing.

Do you like your job?

I have loved it, but time to move on!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
And people wonder why I can't be bothered to type a fucking reply to anything on this website most days. :rolleyes:

Ok i'll take off my sensitive knickers and put on boy shorts! Just because i like ya! I'll admit, i didnt read that banter between the two people talking about the thread. I just caught a quote from it. I thought it was aimed at me. I apologize for being trigger happy Alex8.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I have been working as an accountant in private industry for the past 8 years. I also have my own income tax service on the side from February through April.

Yes. An accounting degree was a requirement for my position. My major was accounting; my minor was French.

Do you like your job?

I love the decision making role that my position demands. I get to call the shots with purchasing and inventory managemnet. I do my job well and am highly respected. I'll never be rich, but there is a lot to be said for job satisfaction.
As the expression goes: Money isn't everything.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I'm a technical sales rep for a big blue IT corporation.

I started out in chemical engineering, mostly because they were the highest-paid right out of school. I got through two years before admitting that my love of abstract math and science didn't translate well at all into the process-oriented tedium of engineering. I spent a year in biomedical science, thinking I'd go for an MD. Then I got sick of being in school and switched to MIS.

Do you like your job?

I love it. I get to travel around the country to be a demo-dolly, schmooze customers and convince them to buy my shit.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Ok i'll take off my sensitive knickers and put on boy shorts! Just because i like ya! I'll admit, i didnt read that banter between the two people talking about the thread. I just caught a quote from it. I thought it was aimed at me. I apologize for being trigger happy Alex8.
Some days, I swear I'm invisible here. :rolleyes:

dedrewm

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I left US last year making a mint, but tired of the bullshit, material things, and GWB! Moved to Costa Rica in my early 30's and opened a bar.... sometimes I miss the US, but mostly friends and family. THATS IT! Great place here. (and I hardly make what I did in US and work more, but its worth it)

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Woof! Je ne savais pas du tout que tu était francophone. Il fallait me le dire!:biggrin1: C'est marqué dans ton profil, mais voilà je ne l'avais jamais remarqué en le lisant

Oui je suis francophone. Et je n'avais jamais remarqué que tu étais francophone mais c'est marqué dans ton profil aussi. Et bon, tu deviens plus beau mec au cause de ça. Avais-tu habité en France aussi? :rolleyes:

mjcp

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I manage a restaurant, which has nothing to do with my English degree. I like my job. Not love, but like.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oui je suis francophone. Et je n'avais jamais remarqué que tu étais francophone mais c'est marqué dans ton profil aussi. Et bon, tu deviens plus beau mec au cause de ça. Avais-tu habité en France aussi? :rolleyes:

Pourquoi y at-il tant de personnes qui parlent français ici? Vous aussi Simcha?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual

Oui, j'ai vécu en France pendant quelque temps et au Québec pendant quelques mois.

Le français, c'est ma passion dans la vie et du coup je vis la langue jour et nuit. Mais voilà il me manque une seule chose: un compagnon avec qui je puisse parler français 24/7.

Je suis encore plus sexy dans le fait que je parle français? Que tu en sois le juge!:tongue:

Tu écris assez bien le français. Si j'habitais près de toi, on pourrait bien se mettre ensemble pour parler français , et puis je corrigerais bien toutes tes fautes de langue si tu veux... plus si affinités...:biggrin1: