What is your sport?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jay_too, Aug 30, 2003.

1. jay_too

jay_too New Member

I am curious about what sports that you play and those you watch.

me? well, i was a jock wannabe...just good enough to be a high school jock and maybe make a team at one of the ivies. i like to play and not to watch the sports i play.....if i catch something on the tube, it is going to be one of the extreme sports....those guyz are f------ nutz.

basketball, football, soccer, rugby
    tennis but not squash

i forgot i do enjoy watching track and field...but i no longer play AND there is always a definite winner...the one who is faster or goes farther.

jay

2. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Hockey....duh

3. Imported

Gold Member

dfox7.3x5: My dad played college football, but he got me, an unathletic, for a son. In high school I was a perfect build for the swimming team, though, and I was approached by the coach, who was also my typing teacher. I couldn't tell him that I wouldn't fit into the skimy swimsuits the team wore. So I made something else up.

I find watching basketball exciting, and I enjoy the precision "ballet" aspect of baseball. My 18-year-old plays baseball and football and is quite good (college scholarship, here we come!) But I only watch football when he's playing or if the major university in my city is having a good year.

Looking back, it would have been great to have been athletic in high school and college. As it was, I was always the uncoordinated shrimp with the big cock.

4. Imported

Gold Member

joe22xxx: BASEBALL!! Played short-stop in H.S. Hoops are fun to play also.

5. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: I played football and basketball and ran track in high school, but didn't pursue any of those in college (except on an intramural level). I just grew up in an active, athletic family and I still enjoy most team and individual sports. In terms of watching, I love basketball and tennis, but I have to say college football is what really floats my boat. Go Trojans! :)

6. jdoe86

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sex...wait is that a sport? If it is not a sport, I would have to say football (american for those in other countries) I played in high school until I was injured. Now I can only watch :(

7. Imported

Gold Member

aj2181: Basketball's my sport of choice. I played football my freshmen year of HS and sucked so that fell by the way side.

8. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

Me, I'm pumping some irons. I had a break of 1 month, (ugh !), but I'll get back in the gym to-mor-row, for I love it ! Bodybuilding rulez ;D !

Then... love fencing, equestrian polo, riding (I like watching steeple chases), yachting (especially in Croatia, on the Dalmatian Coast, or in Belgium, at Knokke Heist and Blankenberge). And golf (the Swiss fields are the best in continental Europe : Montreux or, even better, Crans Montana).

That's it.

9. Imported

Gold Member

aj2181: [quote author=Raal Lexx link=board=meetgreet;num=1062216797;start=0#7 date=08/30/03 at 01:12:45]
    Me, I'm pumping some irons. I had a break of 1 month, (ugh !), but I'll get back in the gym to-mor-row, for I love it ! Bodybuilding rulez  ;D !

Then... love fencing, equestrian polo, riding (I like watching steeple chases), yachting (especially in Croatia, on the Dalmatian Coast, or in Belgium, at Knokke Heist and Blankenberge). And golf (the Swiss fields are the best in continental Europe : Montreux or, even better, Crans Montana).

That's it.
    [/quote]

Shit....you put me to shame. Where do you find the time?

10. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I used to play soccer when I was younger, but I've pretty much seperated my life from sports. I guess I would rather devote myself to artsy-fartsiness instead of sweaty sportiness. I don't enjoy watching sports on TV, either.

11. Imported

Gold Member

jerkin4-10: played football basketball and baseball in HS...used to play softball till a couple of years ago and the latest knee operation...so i guess im stuck in the weightroom...
    but NOTHING like football on the tube...

GO RAZORBACKS AND RAIDERS!!!

12. Imported

Gold Member

TragicWhiteKnight: Scrabble. And if that's not manly enough for you...ULTIMATE SCRABBLE...

I'm more fond of games than sport, outdoors wise. Usually ones that involve wacky running around and throwing things at people. But basketball, frisbee-football (frootball); all good.

13. Imported

Gold Member

Javierdude22: Lol Sammy...myeah...weird how many countries nationalize some kind of sports ey?

In Holland Ice Skating is thé event (cause we're really good -- ;D ) and kinda the national sport. But, we can skate less and less on natural ice cause of the mild winters.

Anyways:

Doing: Swimming, Fitness (the weight stuff), Inline-skating. Whenever i can: Snowboarding

Watching Tennis, Athletics, English Rugby (rugby suffices?), Soccer

I tried watching the Superbowl in the US once (the 2002 game)...holy crap people that must have been the most boring thing i saw!!...and i'm not just talking about the commercial interruptions. The game haults very easily...no flow...o well.

Just my thoughts on this

14. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

aj2181 wrote:

I alternate all of them. Sometimes, only to make a different thing, to relax in a different way. The only constant sport I practice is fitness-bodybldg. :)

15. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I played Little League Baseball as a kid (any position) and was the Right Fielder on the high school team for 3 years. In college I was on the tennis team.

In my adult years I coached some Little League Baseball, Quarterback League Football and spent a few years coaching a boys' swim team.

Now I'm a spectator: a ravid fan of NASCAR and the Atlanta Braves.

Pecker

(Hand Me the Pool Cue and Call Yourself an Ambulance)

16. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

After years in school administration and believing I 'had' to attended all games, I've rebelled against team sports. I'm partial to individual sports.

Participation -- motorcycle riding, lifting weights, running

Watching -- diving, swimming, ice skating, dancing

I do enjoy seeing football players getting excited and patting their team mates butts, however.

17. Imported

Gold Member

Dantesco: I played football and wrestled in college. Now Im more into weightlifting and "lighter" stuff like volleyball and softball with my friends. I like skiing during the winter. I like watching just about any sports on TV but only in small doses. Like in sex watching just cant compare with doing.

18. Imported

Gold Member

jackinman: I used to play baseball and basketball in my younger days but now I just watch. My knees and back has taken it's toll on me. So now I watch, baseball, football, (American football) and basketball.

GO YANKEES

19. jonb

Gold Member

Basketball mostly.

20. Imported

Gold Member

Longhornjok: I don't know if this is technically a sport (vs. a game), but the latest craze for the "hipster" crowd in LA is weekly kickball games. There is a league comprised of different area teams and I hear it's really low-key, but fun. I have been invited to the next one and I am looking forward to it. Hey, it's better than that other secondary school staple: dodgeball! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted