What is your traffic flaw?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Any road rage stories?

I have a few, but just yesterday I was behind someone at a red light. We were both going to turn left. A car in the opposite direction had his left turn signal on.

When the light changes the guy in the car across from us starts to turn left and the guy in front of me starts to turn left. Since they are across from each other, and headed in the opposite direction there is no problem. All of the sudden the jerk in the van swerves and decides to go straight, almost hitting the car in front of me.

The best part was that the asshole that changed his mind and almost caused the accident started beeping and cursing at the other guy for something he, himself did wrong. That jerkoff also had one of those police shields.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I curse like a drunken sailor when cut off while driving. I used to flip the bird, :redface: until that started getting people shot in Jersey a few years back. :frown1:

Some say I drive too fast, but I used to drive cross country for a living, so I feel that I am a safe driver. Though being from Jersey I do miss cruising down the Garden State Parkway at 75 mph bumper to bumper. :biggrin1::cool:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lets Clarify.

Road Rage - You get out of your car and beat them up or beat on their car, OR you follow them to their destination to "Talk", complete with Gestures.

Aggressive Driving - High speed or close following, Hard turns, "Get out of my way" approach, without Hand Gestures, but mabee a look.

I am an aggressive driver. I could care less about hand gestures, or people screaming out the window. I have one place to get, and that's my destination.
If slow people are clogging the lanes intentionally, I generally will pass to get the "Clog" behind me - at whatever speed it takes.

I have many stories from people that have attempted to cause accidents.
There was the woman that stopped on the expressway onramp nearly causing a 50 car pile up, and forced me and my trailer into the median...
Lets see.... Or there was the countless times in saginaw where in the ghetto cars just turn left in front of you, from the right lane of a 3 lane 1 way....
Oh..and there's the lovely ones that stop in the middle of the street to talk to their gang bangers too.

Probably the most memorable and upsetting was the guy in the truck, driving 40mph that wouldn't let me pass. He almost caused 3 head on collisions, and forced me into the median several times. It was get around him, or have him accuse me of rear ending him, as he was stomping on his brakes in front of me for no reason.

That's how I learned that it is Illegal to not let someone pass you. It's called Failure to be overtaken. He was dumb enough to report me to the police, and I was upfront and honest with the police officer. He was decent, so- so was I.
I could have lied...as he didnt see it... but why? I wasn't at fault. And I told him that. He did threaten to write both of us up for road rage, but he said he was going to definitely write him a ticket for wreckless driving.

There was another time with a black gang banger in a cadillac on I75 that for whatever reason was slowing down traffic on I75 in the left Lane...but that's another story for another time. For 2 cents I should have put his ass through a girder, but I didn't want to wreck my paint job.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Great story TK! :tongue:
I totally didn't read hehe

Okay... story
I was driving behind this couple going down the highway and I was trying frantically to pass them because they were doing 60 in a 90. Anyways.. I started to pass them and flipped them off as I drove by. It wasn't older people or I would have been more nice about it, but I'm quite the road rager.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen quite a few cops run red lights.

One night, back when I was like 17 and selling weed among other things. I had just picked up a hp and was on the way to the gas station to get some baggies before heading to my boys house to weigh everything out and what not. Anyway, I used to re-up at Motel 6 since my guy would just post up there all day and go home at night and on weekends. It was rush hour traffic and raining. I pulled out and got maybe 100 yards down the highway before the car behind me turned off so then it was a cop behind me. Right when I looked in my rearview, he turned on his blue lights and my balls disappeared for a second.

I got over to turn off and pull over in one of teh neighborhoods on teh side of teh highway but once I got out of his way he just kept going and turned his blue lights off. What as asshole. I had a scale and a half pound of green. Wasn't to smart on my part. Unfortunately I'm hard headed and learned the hard way later but I won't get into that since it deals with US Marshalls and local Narcotics units.

Another night, maybe 5 or 6 months later, I was riding shotgun with 2 of my boys when we were pulled over and had just left taco bell (literally,I could throw a rock at teh taco bell building), we were higher than high and my boy who was driving had a bag in teh middle console. But the copper just wrote him a ticket for his busted tail light and let us go.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
someday I am gonna asshole someone watching all the eye candy walking the streets.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh god don't get me started on the corrupt cops.

I had one in Midland - with a brand new Black Charger think he was hot shit. He revved his engine next to my Lil ol Grand Prix. I blew him off the light, and held my place until 50mph, which was the speed limit. His reaction time sucked, so he couldn't keep up, nor could he get into my lane. He passed me after I hit the speed limit, and turned left in front of me.

Whatever buddy LOL.

B_Sativa

1st Like
Media
In a dry flat land out west! Las Vegas, NV
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just yesterday on my way to work this guy behind me is trying to make a right turn but I intened on goin straight and he couldn't get past me at the light, or rather shouldn't have because of the bike lane (called this because it is for BIKES ONLY- NOT A TURNING LANE FOR LOSERS), so he honked his horn at me the entire time we were at the light. I usually would have flipped him the finger, but instead I blew him a kiss! lol

My favorite is when this lady was talking on her cell phone, Im assuming to get directions, because she was 2 feet from hitting me head on as she traveled up the exit ramp from the expressway- yes the wrong way- then she flipped a U. I honked my horn at her and she rolled down her window to tell me "I'm on the phone!!! Don't know where Im going!!!!" I wanted so bad to follow her and put the phone where the sun dont shine- but didnt!!!

My most unladylike day- I had this guy folloing me so close I could taste him. So when we stopped at the stop light I got out and went to his window and asked him to not follow so close and he told me to "fuck off fat bitch!!!!!", so I spit in his face and went and got a back in my car.

bartonside

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There is no point in confrontation if your car is undamaged. Nealy every day, I see drivers taking risks and doing dumb things like emerging from a side road causing me to brake when there is nothing behind me. Impatience is the cause of many 'road rage' incidents. Calm down, guys. I do not gesture, flash my lights or sound my horn when someone does something stupid. As long as they don't hit me, I carry on.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Turning right onto right lane of a freeway on ramp at the same time dude with trailer attached to his truck coming from other direction turned left into left lane of freeway on ramp. Light was green. Dude evidently did not like the idea that my Jeep was just a bit faster than his truck/trailer as when the 2 lanes merged into 1 I was ahead of him. He leaned on the horn and did not let up until he got off the freeway at the next exit 1 mile away. This was during morning rush hour and he was using "hand gestures" as well. I managed to get over into the far left lane on the freeway but he of course, could not easily change lanes due to his trailer. However, his lane was moving faster so he passed me. I thought for sure that once he got off the freeway that he would get right back on and start to tailgate me. Fortunately, he did not but as I passed by the exit, he was still honking.
What a total, complete, 100% head up his ass, asshole. Just because your gf or bf won't give you morning head is no reason to try to take off everyone else's!
:biggrin1:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wear my seat belt and obey the speed limit. Im friends with most of the cops in my town and could speed if i wanted too and wouldnt get a ticket. I just dont. I had a horrible accident years ago. My only flaw is i curse at the other drivers. Not loud or looking at them. Its just more of a cursing evil whisper.:tongue:

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Top of the list Mem would be when driving on a national speed limit road (60 mph single carriageway), and getting stuck behind a motorist doing 20mph under the limit.
Then, coming into a 40mph limit or 30 mph, the driver in front actually just carries on at the same speed, regardless whether 30 or 40....or speeds up. Drives me nuts!
Obviously the overtake option is used when appropriate, and often.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate people that take forever to get in the turning lane and when they do come to a stop have yet gotten in it entirely. Or people that don't bother putting on a signal until they start turning the wheel.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My biggest driving pet peeve is when people stay in the fast lane doing 65 MPH when people are trying to get past them.

Stay to the right, it's the law, at least it is in NJ. It's also common courtesy not to block the fast lane.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I drive highway mostly, I wouldn't characterize myself as road rage or even aggressive, even though others might think otherwise. I leave plenty of room but go fast. The speed limit is 55-65 mph in most places along my commute, I'm a firm believer right at 10-15 mph, even as much as 20 mph over (because let's face it the speed limit used to be 70 mph on these same roads a few decades ago and driver's drove 75-80 mph back then), is what those left most lanes are capable of and if they aren't going to do that, they need to get out of the f*cking way and over. As I say, I leave plenty of room, tailgating is a prescription for gridlock. That said, I don't ever want to see anyone's brake lights period and I won't hesitate to flash lights, beep horn or flip off the one's starting & stopping every 2 car lengths. If it's the one in front of them doing it, I expect them to beep and make that person miserable enough to move. Sooner or later it should get to the jerk who's really causing traffic to stop on a highway. So I don't think anyone should take it personally, I surely don't. On rare occasion someone does it to me and rather than be pissed off or scared, I either move out of the way or have left enough room they go flying around me. But when we're bumper to bumper and going slower than we would in a school zone, I do it to the driver in front of me and hopefully he gets on the person in front of them. Like I said, I hope enough of us do it that it ultimately gets to the root cause of the traffic jam.