Sexuality
No Response
Black Ethnicity

White Ethnicity

Asian Ethnicity

Hispanic Ethnicity

Other Ethnicity

Or does NOT matter....?

I am asking this because, I been talking to folks in CHAT. This one guy told me that he does NOT like Asian women. Then I read different post in other thread about certain types. So, I am wondering..."

If you do post in this THREAD, can you also explain WHY you like this type and such? Like add a little detail..."

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HERE IS MY POST..."'

My type is........... does NOT matter..."

I dated African men, White, Mex, and Asian.."
Hell, I married a Asian man..." :redface:

It does not matter to me what RACE you are..." I love all MEN......."
But, I look at what you believe in..." I would NOT date a PERSON of a different Religion though.." That is where I draw the line..."

karmen

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to think that Asian men were not attractive. It only took time before I saw Asian men who were physically attractive to me.

I pretty much decided in my early 20s that I would date the man NOT the color.

I believe we all can acknowledge that a good looking man or good looking woman transcends his/her "color".

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Any and all, it really doesn't matter to me! Even religion does not factor for me. I do seem to like a lot of white boys (Anglos) for some reason though!:biggrin: (I'm Hispanic white).

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Online, if some one has in their profile 'only interested in ethnicity x', I don't add them.

Someone from a different culture is more likely to be interesting.

I tend to be more often initially attracted to guys with a bit of color, rather than pasty white, melanin challenged like myself.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

Race or color doesn't matter,my new love--Cigarbabe--is black

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Race and ethnicity don't matter to me, either. I have been attracted to men (and sometimes women) of all colors.

As to my type: Pretty much my only requirement with men (other than, of course, intelligence, wisdom, kindness, a sense of humor, and a rabid sex drive) is that I like them to weigh more than I do, but not to be overweight. That can happen in any race.

And with women: I like them to be curvy and feminine, which can also happen in any race.

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Most of the women I have been attracted to have been either black or white. I have found a few Asian women attractive (maybe 3 or 4) throughout my life. I think this is probably because I know less Asian people, as they don't seem to mingle as much in the groups I do. I think it is just what you have become accustomed to. Many white males I have known don't find black women attractive, for the most part. But I was very close to a black family growing up. They lived a few houses down the street. I was close friends to a male who was a year older than me and his sister who was my age since I could walk.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with what many are saying...I'm attracted to the beauty of a woman, and that is often a multifaceted affair, of which ethnicity plays a small (but definitely not the deterministic) part. Overall physical condition, pride in appearance, confidence, comportment, intelligence, sense of humor, flirtatiousness...all of these things combine to make someone attractive to me.

To say that you're only attracted to a single ethnic archetype strikes me as both ignorant and extremely self-limiting.

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
HERE IS MY POST..."'

My type is........... does NOT matter..."

I dated African men, White, Mex, and Asian.."
Hell, I married a Asian man..." :redface:

It does not matter to me what RACE you are..." I love all MEN......."
But, I look at what you believe in..." I would NOT date a PERSON of a different Religion though.." That is where I draw the line..."

What is your religion?

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
Online, if some one has in their profile 'only interested in ethnicity x', I don't add them.

Someone from a different culture is more likely to be interesting.

I tend to be more often initially attracted to guys with a bit of color, rather than pasty white, melanin challenged like myself.

I'm going to get off track a bit, but crap like this needs to be pointed out with regularity.

Kind of sounds like self-hate to me. Can you imagine how people would react if a black LPSG member said something comparable like, "I tend to be more attracted to guys with less color, rather than muddy black, melanin-tainted like myself."

Yes, "pasty" and "challenged" are both negative adjectives. What a warped society we live in. I think the only people who hate white people this day and age are other WHITE people. It's not cute and it's not funny. It's an illness.

As to the question, I love women of all races. If I've been with one type, I usually like to switch it up with the next girl. I'm pretty shallow and mainly care if they are hot. I know...I'm terrible.

:biggrin1:

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is your religion?

I am NOT Catholic ( friends that are), Jewish, Buddhist ( have friends that are ), Hindu ( though I have Friends that are),
My family is very deep with our beliefs.." It is kind of like Protestant and another Religion mixed.." That is all I will say.."

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm going to get off track a bit, but crap like this needs to be pointed out with regularity.

Kind of sounds like self-hate to me. Can you imagine how people would react if a black LPSG member said something comparable like, "I tend to be more attracted to guys with less color, rather than muddy black, melanin-tainted like myself."

Yes, "pasty" and "challenged" are both negative adjectives. What a warped society we live in. I think the only people who hate white people this day and age are other WHITE people. It's not cute and it's not funny. It's an illness.

As to the question, I love women of all races. If I've been with one type, I usually like to switch it up with the next girl. I'm pretty shallow and mainly care if they are hot. I know...I'm terrible.

Def not a prospective BF who is so very unable to appreciate humor. (first person I've come across who didn't think my own origonal euphemism 'melanin challenged' was funny)(warped??? that's pretty extreme)

Seem to have triggered something with you to bring out the pompous bombast.(do you need any help getting your cranium out of your cloaca?)

I really don't hate myself (or anyone else) because my skin color genes came from northern europe. (such a silly and totally unexpected notion, you've got me laughing) I've never know any 'white people who hate white people'. It's an 'illness' that doesn't exist. There are very likely this day and age(and always) 'nonwhite' people who hate 'white' people, not for aesthetic reasons, but for socioeconomic discriminatory exploitive ones.

It is curious, and the usual explanations don't really explain why, the people from one particular part of the world have so little melanin.

The person who started the thread put the question in terms of skin color/ethnicity. On first seeing a person, the externals are first noticed. That is something that is totally irrelevant to a friendship or relationship.

And you have the dubious honor of being the first and only person I am going to set to ignore. (42 buddies so far, most also with ancestors from the melanin challenged part of the world)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am NOT Catholic ( friends that are), Jewish, Buddhist ( have friends that are ), Hindu ( though I have Friends that are), My family is very deep with our beliefs.." It is kind of like Protestant and another Religion mixed.." That is all I will say.."

I have 4 guesses:
  1. Baptist
  2. Pentecostal Holiness
  3. COGIC - Church of God in Christ
  4. AME Zion - African Methodist Episcopal

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Or does NOT matter....?

If you do post in this THREAD, can you also explain WHY you like this type and such? Like add a little detail..."
My main requirement is that they are breathing--without a respirator. I have been attracted to Caucasian men, Hispanic men, Asian men (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Cambodian, Indian--as in from India) and Black men as well and others. I tend towards soemting which seems to come from within the person. I was able to move from Pablo (a rather swarthy Puerto Rican gentleman to a guy name Sean who was paler than a freshly enameled tooth. Both had what I was in search of--and I am not talking about the penis, although Sean disproved the Irish myth quite nicely so it was an added extra. And of course there was Ray who had a mixed ethnic heritage (his grandpappy was from a country where Junior is waging war) which was fine by me since it was the generous and gentle nature of him that attracted me to him (no idea what he ever saw in me).

So in the long run I like them all--Greek, Italian, Syrian, Iraqi, Albanian, Polish, Nigerian, Sudanese, Egyptian, Laotion, Apache, Seminole, French, Irish, Welsh, Canadian, Mexican, Bolivian, Ecuadoran, as long as theyre breathing and a willing participant I'm fine with it.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't really have much of a preference... but I have to say, I find it hugely erotic to see my white skin against beautiful black skin.

That said... I wouldn't date someone just because of the colour of their skin, I don't mind if he's black, white, brown or green as long as he's a nice guy.

Actually - having thought about it, I do rather think I'd prefer not to date a green man!

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HEY, Green men need LOVE TOO!!!!!

Onslow, I love your post.

njqt466, we believe in The man up stairs..." But, none of those 4.." Sorry..."

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes racial preference is based on personal experience.

For instance, when I was 24 I had a phenomenal one night stand with a 34 yr old, Irish Catholic, fireman from Brooklyn.
He was about 5'8", very muscular, handsome and had a receding blond hairline. After this tryst I have to admit, I sought out firemen. Sixteen years later I still walk past firehouses just a little more slowly to check out the guys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am a single Black female who prefers White males.
I don't get why it's such a big deal. I grew up in a predominantly White, upper middle-class development in central New Jersey. This I think more than anything else shaped my dating/racial preference. Long before I was allowed to date my parents instilled in me the belief that he should be a nice young man, from a good family. Someone with similar ethical standards and morals as we had.

There were a small handful of other Black families in my neigborhood. The boys would only date White girls, usually blondes.

Unfortunately for me the Black boys in my high school were thugs and hoods I honestly had no interest in them. Even if I had been interested, I couldn't bring some one like that home. My parents would have killed me!

In college I quickly learned that I am not Black enough for most Black men. Not my skin tone, my personality. I am not a homegirl or a ghetto chick; and I can't speak jive. I used to be able to fake it, for maybe 1-2 months. Then the real me would start to show through and I would either get bored and leave them, or they got annoyed and dumped me.

Do you know how difficult it is to find a Black man who can deal with my love of Classic Rock, Top 40, some Heavy metal, Country, and Disco music?! Well nigh to impossible.

I have gotten used to being the only Black person at Springsteen or Bon Jovi concerts who is NOT working security or a concession stand.

Then there is the way I talk. I dated a really sweet Black guy back in the day. For a while he never used to get my phone messages. Why? His sister thought I sounded like a White girl on the phone.

Around 21 I decided to just be myself. Guess what? I routinely attracted more White guys than my White girlfriends.
I still do! :wink: Not just at clubs, but hanging out casually at the mall, or even a diner. Even better, once I stopped trying to date Black men and started dating men I liked; I stopped needing to take prescription ulcer medicine!

It still bothers my dad off that I haven't dated a Black man since the Reagan Administration, but I don't care. I refuse to be unhappy and celibate just to please him or anybody else.

I have bought a couple of White guys home in recent years.
My dad is learning to be okay with my choices. My mom could care less so long as he treats me well.

FYI - I have dated men that were jackasses and treated me badly of both races. Being a jerk is not limited to one race.

Black Ethnicity

White Ethnicity

Asian Ethnicity

Hispanic Ethnicity

Other Ethnicity

Or does NOT matter....?

I am asking this because, I been talking to folks in CHAT. This one guy told me that he does NOT like Asian women. Then I read different post in other thread about certain types. So, I am wondering..."