Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I take four or five workouts a week, with no regular pattern of days on and days off. My workouts proceed through four routines, in each of which I work complementary muscle groups (30 to 40 minutes each):

1. Chest and upper back (i.e., push forward and pull back)
2. Shoulders and sides (i.e., push upward and pull downward)
3. Arms (curling and extending)
4. Legs

I spend fifteen minutes on the elliptical running machine and then stretch before each weight-training workout. I go first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, then come home for breakfast and a protein shake. My stomach gets upset if I eat anything before a workout.

When I started working out, about fifteen years ago, I weighed less than 130 pounds. I got up to about 135 over a period of some weeks or months and was stuck there until I added weight gainer to my diet. Then I progressed up to something like my present weight of 165 over months and years, but I don't recall exactly how long it took. Subsequently, I went through a couple of years in which I did not work out and my weight dropped down to 145. When I resumed my regimen, I think it took me about a year to gain the twenty pounds back. I go through heavier and lighter phases as I try to gain muscle and then have to take off the fat that comes with it, but the gains (net gain in muscle tissue) in recent years have been minuscule.

I work my punching bag for 1-2 hours a day

Would that be the one in your animated avatar picture?