what kind of cell phone do you have?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Send me one when your done with the schooling. I hate phones.

I've been phone-phobic all my life and went for several years in the 80s without one until my job essentially demanded that I get one (a land line). I've never liked answering the phone and have frequently referred to what I call "phone terrorism", meaning that I'm obliged to pick up simply because someone somewhere feel the need to talk to me. I also had strict rules about when to call: if it was before 10:00AM or after 10:00PM someone had better have died. I was strict about work calling on my days off, too: if the store burned to the ground, I'd find out the next day on my way to work: no calls never for any reason ever.

When cell phones were introduced in reasonable (as opposed to suitcase-type models) sizes, they were the object of derision among my friends and me: they seemed to have heralded the Paris Hilton generation, with all that predictable narcissism and inevitable self-importance :wink:

There are good and bad things about having made cell phones such an important accessory to one's life. One is 100% available 100% of the time, unless the phone's shut off, though I've yet to meet anyone to automatically picks up just because it's ringing without screening the call. I recently read that a certain blogger hadn't checked his voice mail in months and realized that I'm the same way :redface:

The best way to get my attention is to send a text; my various roommates over the last 3-4 years will text me even when we're both home.

Until I finally broke down and got a phone though Metro PCS, I refused to partake of the cell-phone revolution, though I had a pre-paid phone for emergencies for a year or two before that. My current phone is a Samsung model that I paid more for than I should have, as it was advertised as a "smart phone" and is borderline retarded. I cut my phone bill in half when I finally discontinued the internet connection to it (which never worked properly anyway).

It has 2gs of memory, so it doubles as an MP3 player which I used a lot when it was new, though hardly ever now. It has a camera which can take short vids which I rarely use.

The best thing about it is that there's a slide-out keyboard to facilitate texting. The worst thing is that the front isn't covered and it dials things itself when bumping around in my bag. The battery seems fine now, but for a period of time it would just shake loose and disconnect itself for no apparent reason.

Having a phone is a grim fact of life for me, not a pleasure. And yes, I can be a crank sometimes :cool:

imyummy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Blackberry bold 9700 pin:21BF4A32 .. If u add me say lpsg in the request :)

idesofmarch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bbucko, that makes so much sense.

I have a "company phone", whatever you call it. Even if I shut the damn thing, calls are directed to my voicemail, and it pisses me off, that I can never be totally out of reach.

I'm a social hermit, and at times, I would just like to forget the world around me.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
SonyEricsson w350i..... now on it's second case.

It's been dropped, kicked, etc, still works, and does all I want out of a phone, plus if you know where to look, very hackable.

Long as it can do calls, sms, and work as a walkman, and not look ugly as sin, it will do me

If I want the internet, I use a computer, NOT a phone.

Sony Ericsson - Products - Mobile phones - Overview - W350i

Apple iPhone 3Gs before that a Samsung Propel.

I like Sprints EVo phone and the Samsung Captivate looks nice.

BoyCordoba

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nokia 5800. Had it for over a year now and love it.
Before this I had a Motorola V3 Black and before that another Motorola: V60i. Both Motorola turned out to be great phones.
The only reason I ever stopped using the V60i was that GSM took over and they no longer supported the TDMA network.
The V3 was updated to the Nokia 5800 just because of features other than calling and SMS since it always did that perfectly. 8GB of memory vs. 11MB, huge screen vs tiny, 3G vs GPRS, full browser vs WAP, videocall vs nothing, GPS vs nothing among other things helped me decide.