What kind of cell phone do you use?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HTC Touch, will be upgrading to a Touch Pro 2 when I renew. The super micro on-screen keyboard is a bitch to deal with.

The android phones look nitfy but to get that or an iPhone I'd have to switch to a 3G plan. I'm currently paying 50/m for unlimited 24/7 local calls and web browsing, no chance in hell I'm giving that up.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Motorola Moto through Verizon - no frills, just great, reliable phone service. I asked Verizon to delete the text message part of my service. I got tired of being solicited by text.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
HTC Hero on Sprint, with the unlimited mobile-to-mobile calls, text, and data ($70/mo).

I was previously on Verizon with a non-data phone & plan. Verizon's mandatory data add-on to voice was $30 alone (mandatory for any phone with data capability), I thought this was a rip off.

Pros:
Droid app tech is handy.
Almost anything you can do with google web can be integrated into the phone's UI.
If you use Google web services (contacts, gmail, calendar, docs, maps, sky, talk, analytics, etc), it automatically syncs those in real time.
Facebook import.
HTC Sense User Interface is alot like Iphone, very slick.
Plays Flash and Youtube, and web browsing is good.
SD card.

Cons
Being 1rst generation there are some bugs.
No physical keyboard but onscreen one is doable.
Processor can be laggy.

The Samsung Moment (also Sprint) is basically the same droid functionality, but with a slide out physical keyboard. Nexus One is 2nd gen.

I sound like a Sprint salesman.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
iPhone G3s

A fantastic tool...
On this one phone I can edit video and audio- shoot produce and edit movies and slide shows, control my computer and iTunes remotely, my lighting system in my house, and I have with me at all times a full set of surveying instruments, measurement tools, photo editing and drawing applications... CAD drawing applications, invoicing, and that's not even getting into the fun stuff, like the ability to watch movies, or television shows, listen to NPR or other streamed radio, games, diversions and the like.

Hell the thing can take 3D pictures... and I even have a few sculpting and 3D modeling apps.

There is nothing I used to pack a laptop for, that I can not do with this phone.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
after looking at new phones on the verizon website i'm thinking of upgrading to the LG enV-3. it's about the same size as the samsung alias i have now, except with way cooler features. it's not as big as the original enV or the enV-2, thank goodness!

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do not yet own a cell phone, I have been thinking of buying a trackphone since you can get a unlimited year for what comes to after sales tax to 105.95 which is around 8.75 a month. don't think it can get cheaper then that.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
after looking at new phones on the verizon website i'm thinking of upgrading to the LG enV-3. it's about the same size as the samsung alias i have now, except with way cooler features. it's not as big as the original enV or the enV-2, thank goodness!

Good! After the fucking over I've taken on my Samsung now, I would steer clear of anything by that brand if I were you.