What kind of god/s do you believe in? - US / rest of world

What kind of god/s do you believe in? - US vs rest of world

• US: Traditional God/Allah of the Bible/Qu'ran with personality, to be worshipped

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • non-US: Traditional God/Allah of the Bible/Qu'ran with personality, to be worshipped

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • US: Abstract Ground of all Being/Higher Power: I'm glad it's there

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • non-US: Abstract Ground of all Being/Higher Power: I'm glad it's there

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • US: Other god/s

• non- US: Other god/s

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • US: Something else

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • non-US: Something else

• US: No gods

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • non-US: No gods

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its the beatles song " with a little help from my friends ". It had been tough and serious before than. Every word closely inspected. Its the net . Its only a discussion. We're not writing legislation. Lighten up. We can do both. There's a lot of banter on this board.
Retailing a deluded version of world history with an air of assurance is not being "light": it is being a pretentious and irresponsible assshole who is full of shit and doesn't know when to keep his stupid mouth shut. You make me sick.

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
Retailing a deluded version of world history with an air of assurance is not being "light": it is being a pretentious and irresponsible assshole who is full of shit and doesn't know when to keep his stupid mouth shut. You make me sick.
That's my stand on the second world war and if i'm wrong i'm wrong and anyone can correct me if anyone cares. I think the last thing most people want , in light of what happened , is to give russia credit for anything.
But anyway you'll get your wish. If you notice i'm seldom here. Just a thread or 2 that interests me once in awhile. I manage stocks and that keeps me too busy. I usually may post once a year if even that. Yawn.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I think the last thing most people want , in light of what happened , is to give russia credit for anything.
Huh?
Are you referring to the Soviets taking control of Eastern Europe?
What difference does that make?
One should value historical truth for its own sake.
Russia basically broke the back of the Nazi military machine, at the cost of millions of Russian lives.
There is no reason for us not to remember that and even honour it, no matter what we think of post-war Soviet machinations.

If you notice i'm seldom here. Just a thread or 2 that interests me once in awhile. I manage stocks and that keeps me too busy. I usually may post once a year if even that. Yawn.
You've posted 24 times in the last week.

Last edited:

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
Huh?
Are you referring to the Soviets taking control of Eastern Europe?
What difference does that make?
One should value historical truth for its own sake.
Russia basically broke the back of the Nazi military machine, at the cost of millions of Russian lives.
There is no reason for us not to remember that and even honour it, no matter what we think of post-war Soviet machinations.

You've posted 24 times in the last week.

I only intended to post once here in this thread but people kept pointing out and responding to my threads. I haven't posted here in years and it may be years if ever before i do so again. I don't have time. Its a great board sometimes.
I didn't say russia played a part in the war but some people don't care about world or national events. They're too busy with their lives. And i would think to win any modern war you have to win the air war first.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's my stand on the second world war and if i'm wrong i'm wrong and anyone can correct me if anyone cares. I think the last thing most people want , in light of what happened , is to give russia credit for anything.
But anyway you'll get your wish. If you notice i'm seldom here. Just a thread or 2 that interests me once in awhile. I manage stocks and that keeps me too busy. I usually may post once a year if even that. Yawn.
You were corrected---in great detail, by Mitchymo (post no. 116 above). Perhaps you just don't pay attention when your bullshit is exposed.

"Yawn," indeed. Your attitude shows a complete lack of integrity. You are a fucking waste of space.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, we've now got enough numbers for some pretence at statistics. It looks as though I was wrong and the distribution of beliefs is much the same (for LPSG members, very much not a random sample of the population, who chose to answer this, not a random sample of LPSG) in the USA and outside - more than half atheists, about 1/6 theists, about 1/10 deists, blurring into other beliefs.

I had thought there would be a higher proportion of deists/believers in a higher power etc, compared to theists, and especially outside the US compared to inside. (Because I imagined that belief in the mainstream god would discourage guys from hanging around a site where they talk about cocks....)

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Well, we've now got enough numbers for some pretence at statistics. It looks as though I was wrong and the distribution of beliefs is much the same (for LPSG members, very much not a random sample of the population, who chose to answer this, not a random sample of LPSG) in the USA and outside - more than half atheists, about 1/6 theists, about 1/10 deists, blurring into other beliefs.

I had thought there would be a higher proportion of deists/believers in a higher power etc, compared to theists, and especially outside the US compared to inside. (Because I imagined that belief in the mainstream god would discourage guys from hanging around a site where they talk about cocks....)
What is the basis for your imagining that?

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What is the basis for your imagining that?
Well the rest of the English-speaking world, and the developed world is a bit more relaxed about religion than the US. We don't worry too much what our politicians believe on the non-material side, for example. Televangelists are very much a US phenomenon. The main recent Christian sects - Scientology*, Mormonism, Seventh Day Adventism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Southern Baptists, Christian Science, were invented in the US. The faultlines in the evangelicals/Anglicans over woman priests and gay clergy are in the US and Nigeria. So looking for a US/rest of the world distinction seemed a reasonable thing to do.

*They have a sign that looks like a cross.

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
Christmas cheers to you too " Judas " { I'm no longer around so if you want to waste your time responding to a phantom go ahead/he's upset about the paranormal thread not history }

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Christmas cheers to you too " Judas " { I'm no longer around so if you want to waste your time responding to a phantom go ahead/he's upset about the paranormal thread not history }
(1) How I wish.

(2) I'm upset about your bullshit in this thread, you lying sack of shit.

spiritsong72

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Gods and Goddesses I worship are all very personal to me so I won't reveal them here. (Strike up a private conversation with me and I just might tell you.) But I will say they are very native to different cultures around the world (i.e., traditional) and very old and extremely wise.