What kind of hairstyles did you all grew up in the 70s-80s...

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would have been curious to know sort you supported during the last 30 years growing up when you all adults or by the time you reached your teens? I am curious to know and don't embarass. We had all either great fashion sense or rather a fashion mess itself. Just tell me what type of hairstyle you use to have at one time.

Last edited:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I basically wore my hair in one long braid until I hit 30. I have always had relatively long hair but I did have a period of experimentation after 30 of trying short wigs. I wore them for so long during one period that when I finally took them off I had some people feeling betrayed when a tumble of long hair came out from under the wig! LOL! But I would say in the 70's and 80's I wore one braid or two. It was easy. Besides at that age I could get away with it.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was well developed in the 70s and 80s. When I was in High School in the 50s the accepted haircut was a "flat top."

Those with thin, blonde hair used butch wax to keep it standing up.

Thanks for the memories.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a kid in the 70's, I had a moptop hairstyle, not too long, not too short, you know just past the neck, but not going down my back. Then the 80's rolled around, and for some reason or another, we(that is to say my mother!) decided that the moptop look was over, and we cleaned my hair up into a shorter solution. Years later, and some hair lost, I've resorted back to somewhat of a moptop whenever it suits me.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:) I rocked a mullet back in the day...when I cut my hair...my girlfriend wouldn't talk to me for 2 weeks. LOL *that was and unfortunately STILL is one of the hairstyles popular in the area I grew up in* Now I just shave my head and dont worry about it, styling, *coloring*, hair products.. SAVES ME TONS of $$

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I parted my hair in the middle and kinda feathered it back on the sides.

Needless to say i've changed it as a middle part isn't the most flattering for a guy with a rapidly balding head.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
70's my hair sort of looked like Farrah Fawcett got a bad perm.
80's I wore it long in a pony tail and then I cut it really short.
90's through present... messy coiffed!

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a kid in the 80's i had long hair, everyone assumed i was a girl :(
As a teen in the 90's i had curtains to begin with and then a crew cut
Now i have a short back and sides which i just let grow wildly until i can be asked to cut it again, i don't go to a hairdresser so i have no style lol

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've mostly had short hair my whole life. In college, I did let it grow long--to the point that it would hang past my nose if I didn't do something with it. Unfortunately, when it gets long, it becomes curly and wavy and does its own thing, regardless of how much product I put into it. It's easier to keep it short. Now, as I find myself with a growing tonsure, keeping it short is the better look. No combovers for me!

I also experimented with color when in college, too. I had highlights, dyed it deep purple and also burgundy. Because my hair is so dark, the colors only were noticeable in direct light. The time I had it dyed burgundy, they had to strip all the color out, then dye it--it was fine at first, but going to college in a southern California city on the ocean doesn't do well. The sun started to bleach it out and it turned this strange rusty color, so I had to have it re-dyed jet black to cover it. I cut it short at that point so it wasn't so noticeable!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tried the Farrah Fawcett and Dorothy Hamill hairstyles in the 70s. My hair did NOT cooperate with the Farrah Fawcett 'do, but could work with the Dorothy Hamill.

I also had the 80s bad perm. :biggrin1: Part of that is that I had very, VERY oily skin and oily hair, and that strong perm was the only way to cut the oil. But then my hair got damaged from over-perming, and in the late 80s, I had it cut to only a couple of inches long (I probably looked butch then too because I liked to wear men's clothes, didn't carry a purse, etc. :biggrin1: I later liked women's clothes too, but I think part of my problem was that a lot of women's clothes in the mid to late 80s looked like Stepford Wives clothes! I was ok with the early 80s preppy look, although I didn't like the snobby attitude that often went with it. I was fine with women's clothes from the 70s too, for the most part - although I mostly wore jeans and tops. But then so did all the other girls so it wasn't like I looked sooo much different!)

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The late 80s/early 90s full on mullett and modified mullett was big where i grew up (the south)....i had neither as my hair is curly and grows up..not out. Thanks to my genes, i went with the blocked 'white boy Kid N Play' style.