What kind of music do you like?

wvalady1968: I learned to really like country and western in my 20s, and still follow it when I'm in a certain mood. Right now, one of my faves is Buddy Jewell. ["I wanna thank everyone who ever told me NO! Pack it up and get back home, Boy." ;)]

I like the really oldies like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin sometimes, too.

But my newest obsession is swing. I fell in love with Squirrel Nut Zippers, but they can't hold a candle to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I put the CD in and crank up the volume, and there's absolutely no way I could be down! It's great when I have to do housework or something I don't like. Except that I find myself dancing more than working. :D

Anyone out there like swing, too, or am I old fashioned?

What do YOU like?

jerkin4-10: im still a metal freak ala: judas priest, G & R, dokken, blue oyster cult, that stuff....but i find as i get older....errr...43...i can only take that in small doses...ive always listened to classical, sooths the savage beast, LOL...and some easy listening...the kind of swing you speak of, wvbabe, is kinda cool too...cant forget the BLUEZ...some of those slide guys are just sick...ry cooder
is a genius...nice topic...kudos! :)

TragicWhiteKnight: I know message-policing ain't my business, but there's a thread on this in 'Etc Etc'. So join the fun and move the party there :)

wvalady1968: Sorry. I really did look around first, but I missed it. Don't know how. It's title is obvious enough.

Now, you know my secret. I'm not perfect.

:D

TragicWhiteKnight: Aha! Your Achilles Heel is revealed!

Now, if I were an arch-supervillain, I'd be able to do my devillish deeds!

Unfortunately for the sake of narrative, stunts and pyrotechnics, I'm not.

gigantikok: One word: Eighties.

All 80's, all the time.

I freakin' LOVE IT all. All the new wave stuff, all the stupid pop, all of the old school rap...everything, even a lil Bruce Hornsby!

Oh, and MJ. MJ is the man.

wvalady1968: [quote author=TragicWhiteKnight link=board=meetgreet;num=1062684980;start=0#4 date=09/04/03 at 12:46:31]Aha!  Your Achilles Heel is revealed!

Now, if I were an arch-supervillain, I'd be able to do my devillish deeds!

Unfortunately for the sake of narrative, stunts and pyrotechnics, I'm not.[/quote]

No pyrotechnics?
Darn.
I was all ready for it.
Now, what am I gonna do with all this popcorn?

Sorry, Gig, the party's over at etc. But thanks for answering.
:)

palladen: Me likes everything but old country and Rap. I give preference to anything from the 80s, techno, house, and ambient.

wvalady1968: [quote author=palladen link=board=meetgreet;num=1062684980;start=0#7 date=09/04/03 at 17:22:16]Me likes everything but old country and Rap.[/quote]

Okay, Tarzan, how about if I walk you over to Etc.?
You can carry my books.

[Thanks]

jackinman: I'm into R&B huge Motown fan here, all the oldies from the 60's, 70's, and 80's and of course the new stuff is good. I also like Jazz, some rock, most definately I love my salsa, (Celia Cruz may you rest in Peace), AZUCAR!!!!

I like some country music, John Denver, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings type of stuff. I don't know much titles but love the music. I'm also down with a lil rap music but not the hard core stuff, word up man, fersizzle!!

H8Monga: Anything that catches my ear. However most of that would be in the R&B, rap, jazz genres... but I like or can liek anything! Bluegrass, Country, Latin, Blues, Gospel, Techno, Classical, Big Band, Rock, Alterative, Classic Rock, Classic Country, Ragtime, Heavy Metal, Industrial, New Age... if I hear a song and like it... I love it for life!

enchantinghungman: Cocteau Twins, The Sundays, Happy Mondays, Oasis, The Smiths, The Clash, The Jam, Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, TISM, Billy Bragg, Guthrie, Cash, KD Laing, Brazilian Jazz, Kraftweurk, Velvet Underground, Bowie, Stone Roses, Echo and the Bunnymen etc etc -

I hate a lot of stuff too but I won't mention it here for risk of offending people.

Yowsers: Music is an obsession w/ moi. some favorite bands and singers include Rush, Sting, Cure, Meatloaf, Ani DiFranco, Harry Chapin, Kate Bush, Glen Miller, Duke Ellington, Lena Horne, Gipsy Kings and more. . .

and i love swing and salsa, in fact just went out lindy hopping the other day.

hotman24901: I like the beach music and the oldies. I go to Myrtle Beach several times a year and in North Myrtle they shag dance.

Yowsers: Wvlalady,
right now, in the contemp. swing dept, i've been listening to the Brian Setzer Orch i attended a concert of there's a couple of years back and people just started dancin' Fun time had by all.

and of course Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. do you go out swing dancing?

wvalady1968: No, I seem to fall for guys with two left feet!! My guy tried to dance at a wedding and it wasn't pretty!!

But then, I'm a klutz and prolly am not a pretty site on the floor myself. But I love the music!!

:D
[LOL@geo8X6]

9cyclops9: JAZZ!! Miles Davis, JJ Johnson, Thelonious Monk, Freddie Hubbard, etc
ROCK! Coldplay, Radiohead, Denison Marrs
CLASSICAL! Andrea Boccelli (check him out...WOW!), Holst, Barber
OTHER! Bjork, classic rock, old country (Johnny Cash)

And wvalady, I'm sure you are a pretty sight on the floor (er, the dance floor, that is).