What kind of pets do you have?

TragicWhiteKnight: Actually, the vet-ette was surprised the snake was there at all; when I told her about it, she refused to believe such a thing existed. Then, when I showed it to her, she was stunned. After a few "Oh my Gods", she measured it and was amazed that the snake had grown to be over 10.5", despite its constant vomiting.

[Ooh, it's like Pass the Innuendo]

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Damn, man. I can't imagine it growing that fast and that much. Ten and one half inches is huge for that breed of snake. Most of them a about half that length.

Did it also, expand as well as elongate? I understand why the vet-ette was stunned. Perhaps she had been accustomed to the shorter versions of the species. I guess to this day she is still telling others about what she had seen and doctored. I'm sure it is her favorite patient, even with the consistent vomiting during examination.

TragicWhiteKnight: Of course she'd dealt with ailing snakes before but not at such an advanced state. Not only did it get very big but it seemed to be paralysed, unable to flop around like it usually does. The vet-ette must have thought it had been poisoned, as she tried to suck the venom out.

I'm told she recommended it to some of her colleagues, as they never believed such a miraculous recovery could take place.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm so thankful the vet-ette's sucking was successful in extracting all the poisonous venom from the monster and it got restored to health. I know it would be next to impossible to find a replacement which would be anywhere near the size of it.

And, you must be relieved to know of her abilities, in case of another arising incident like that one was. Is your pet often strickened with this problem? And have you tried other means for its recovery?

get back with me, I'm thinking of becoming a vet!

TragicWhiteKnight: Unsurprisingly, a snake of this size eats a lot; often, it eats stuff too big for it, so swells in side and needs to spit it out. Usually the Heimlich Manoeuvre works but sometimes it needs a little coaxing; threatening to take its eggs by rubbing them deeply tends to make it fearful and, as such, throw up.

Curiously, the vet-ette kept trying the same technique over and over, even when it wasn't full, and only made matters worse.

Do you know of any cures for such problems?

7x6andchg: Jeez you two! :D

There's more innuendo in this thread than in most Penthouse Diary stories. :D

To answer your serious question, TWK, I would say, if you can get one, an iguana or gecko (might be hard in the UK) is a neat animal that is a good talking point.

Otherwise fish are easy to take care of, and, if done right, quite pretty to look at too.

7x6&C

gigantikok: (cleaning this topic up)

It'd be nice to own a Beta Fighting Fish...maybe a Hermit Crab...Ooo Ooo, A MANTIS SHRIMP!! (Those are cool)

...a chameleon would be neat too. Or a Chihuahua named Paco with a sombrero stapled to it's head! :D

(man, I'm sick)

Javierdude22: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=meetgreet;num=1061863576;start=20#27 date=08/26/03 at 22:00:22]
(man, I'm sick)[/quote]

No shit, i was eating!!!

And that my friends i why we have IM.

I have a parakiet (or however it's spelled) with a Dutch name i can only translate to somehing like 'Lumpy' or something. He's the coolest creature ever, ever see a friggin' bird with attitude!?

Sometimes ya get a little sugar, and sometimes ya get your finger chewed off...

O and he flips and starts dancing over his stick/branchthing when i get home...

Pets are great

Dantesco: I have two pets: a Chilean Rose-hair tarantula and a chinchilla I inherited from my brother when he found out that his dorm doesn't allow pets. The chinchilla's name is Greta. The tarantula doesn't really have a name. I just call him Spider.

aj2181: My gf and I have a cat that was a stray. we call him satan. He's possesed. Actually growels at people he dosn't know.

robbnks: Two Female Miniature Schnauzers; Salt and Pepper; Eloise and Sophia. I agree with Prepstudinsc. My dogs think the world revolves around them. They are great though.

bigcock: I have a little dog who I call Big Lou, hence my name...he's part labor dog and part corky, a cute dog with brownish green eyes...he's my boy!

gigantikok: [quote author=robbnks link=board=meetgreet;num=1061863576;start=20#32 date=08/27/03 at 18:51:27]Two Female Miniature Schnauzers; Salt and Pepper; Eloise and Sophia.  I agree with Prepstudinsc. My dogs think the world revolves around them. They are great though.[/quote]
I used to own a mini Schnauzer (never knew how to spell it though). She was really dumb though, and peed everywhere.

Maybe I should have stapled a sombrero to her head too, that would have taught her a lesson...yea...

bartonside

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Over the years I have had a series of cats - as I am out quite a lot they are easy pets because they don't need much attention - just food and warmth. They were Sally, Panda, Thomas, Thursday, Tabitha, Victoria and Orlando.
The current resident is Ethel, a tortoiseshell I took over from a neighbour who'd lost interest in her and moved away. She is very intelligent and loving and I would be lost without her.

prepstudinsc: [quote author=robbnks link=board=meetgreet;num=1061863576;start=20#32 date=08/27/03 at 18:51:27]Two Female Miniature Schnauzers; Salt and Pepper; Eloise and Sophia.  I agree with Prepstudinsc. My dogs think the world revolves around them. They are great though.[/quote]

LOL Typical Schnauzers. I was told when I got mine 8 years ago that I needed to understand a few things anout Schnauzers--1. they are cute and they know it. 2. they are smart and they know it. 3. They are stubborn. 4. They think that the world revolves around them. I went into being a Schnauzer parent knowing these things and have had no trouble with her. I've got some friends who also have Schnauzers and we have all had good experiences owning them. I would probably not ever get another breed of dog, except maybe get a standard or giant Schnauzer instead of a mini.

Longhornjok: I would really like to get a dog (I'm feeling a Chocolate Lab these days), but my lifestyle doesn't allow it at this time. I live in the city and I work a lot and I don't wanna keep a big dog chained/penned up all day long. I think it has to wait until I can get a house with a yard.