What kind of poly relationship would you want?

poly relationship style

• Monogamy. Neither has other partners.

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • I have other partners, but my partner(s) do not.

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • I have one partner, and he or she may have other partner(s).

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • We can both have other partners.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • We should share the same partners.

Votes: 29 27.6%

• Total voters

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It sounds good to have two women for you, but, im not made of money, and i would not focus well on any, one woman is all i need

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
We swing, so you could say we both have other partners. She has a long-term lesbian friend who she goes away with a few times a year, but apart from her open relationship with this gf I don't know if we'd like polyamorous relationships in the committed sense, for example we know a polyamorous trio of women who live together and are in a long-term relationship. We're content to keep lovers as either good FBs or casual fucks.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well since this is totally a dream, I'd say the ideal would be for me to have multiple female and male partners (who are all super attractive), and they would all be totally committed to me. How's that for a fantasy? ;-)

D

deleted556573

Even when I was in a relationship, I would still look at other guys and think "man, I'd like to fuck him". It's human nature to do so. I could never act on it, though. I'd feel too guilty. I would never want to wreck what I had waiting for me at home. Even if the possibility was there to have other partners, I wouldn't do it, because even with established boundaries, I'd still feel guilty about it.

One man, and one man only for me.

nakedone

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The ideal situation, for me, would be to share my wife with one other man, and for me to be present at all their fuck sessions, and participate as a third party in any way which would add to their enjoyment.

And, it would be even better if the other man was a good friend, a "buddy" even, that I would enjoy doing other things with, apart from the sex.

I believe the ideal polyamorous situation is always one woman and two men, because no one man can keep up with a very "needy" woman.

vaeyinn

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I want the nearly impossible - a triad with another woman. I suppose if I were single I would be a unicorn.

Some of these responses make me sad
no money for two women - bad golddigger girlfriend experience?

women are too needy to date more than one - ?????? Maybe if you can't satisfy her, send her to me? I kid, I kid.

wage packets - well that one was probably a joke

women sound awful judging by these posts.

Quietguy sounds like he handles the expense and needs of multiple women okay. :tongue:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Over the years I've been involved in each of the situations, and the one that works best is each can have other partners provided the limits are discussed in advance. Honestly, that's the only way I'd even consider attempting a new relationship in my life right now.

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I want the nearly impossible - a triad with another woman. I suppose if I were single I would be a unicorn.

Some of these responses make me sad
no money for two women - bad golddigger girlfriend experience?

women are too needy to date more than one - ?????? Maybe if you can't satisfy her, send her to me? I kid, I kid.

wage packets - well that one was probably a joke

women sound awful judging by these posts.

Quietguy sounds like he handles the expense and needs of multiple women okay. :tongue:

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in some of these posts as well - but knowing how two of these people have posted over the years allows me to consider their posts with a grain of salt or sense of humor.

Yes, it is difficult at times to handle more than one relationship, but I would not have it otherwise. Polyamory brings in double the headaches, but can also bring in triple the joys as monogamy. I tried monogamy, and I would never go back to it.

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think a monogamous Triad (trinogamous?) would be hot. I didn't see that in the list so I didn't vote.

I think what you are describing is a closed poly relationship - 3 people where nobody has sex or other forms of intimacy outside the triad. That could be covered by any except the first and fourth options.

You can have a closed "V" triad where 1 person is intimate with the other two, but neither of them have sex with each other or anybody outside the triad. That situation is covered by options 2 and 3 on this list. If you are at the center of the "V" triad, that's covered by option 2 because you have two partners, and they each have 1 partner. If you are at the tips of the "V" triad, that's covered by option 3 because you have one partner and he or she has another partner besides you.

You can have a closed triangle triad where each person is intimate with the other 2 in the triad. That's covered by the last option.

The poll does not explicitly ask for open or closed, which is where the confusion may have come from. The poll is about comfort with having more than one partner and one's partner(s) having other partners. You see, I made the poll this way because lots of people say they want a poly relationship, but don't want their partners to be poly as well (option 2 on the poll), and I wanted to know of the possible options, how many would choose that.