What makes a bottom a bottom?

B_patrickmcc

Sexy Member
Media
Agree with other posters, dont think bottoms can be typified as "fems", or less manly, or generally submissive. Had plenty of macho aggressive bottoms.
seems to be a lot more bottoms out there than tops. As a generally usual top, I have no problem with that, just find it interesting that so many have no desire to get their own dicks into an ass.

eamonn5

1st Like
Media
Sounds really trite but have to say that I read your post and found it incredibly insightful. I learned in general from reading it and I learned more about myself. Your assessment of different types of bottoms was interesting and while you expressed your preferences, you did it without judging what worked for others, only for you.

I certainly identify with being a bottom but was only able to do that after coming out fully to myself. Having a man inside me makes me feel whole and at the same time as close as I can be to my partner whom I actively want to feel good and enjoy being in me. Probably still a bit shy about giving directions or perhaps it's just hotter for me to have the top take charge.

dangly

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
In my daily life, I tend to be a somewhat aggressive take-charge kind of guy; I put things in order when other people are ineffective at doing so, I work hard to be the best I can be at whatever I'm doing, and I tend to aim for positions of relative authority and power in social relationship structures. My behavior is masculine enough that most people are surprised when they learn I'm into guys.

For me, letting a bigger, more dominant guy take control is an incredibly freeing experience. It's very rare in my daily life that I can feel safe completely surrendering to another person, and so being able to cede total control and feel completely safe in doing so really turns me on. I love to be held closely and tightly; the more I'm reassured and made to feel safe, the more my walls come down.

That's not to say I don't enjoy being on top from time to time too, of course, but that's not part of this topic ;)

Last edited: