What makes a good top a GREAT top?

bifnt4all

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For what makes a good top is one who can tell when I want him to lighten up or go harder without me having to give directions all the time. Of course I am pretty vocal so I will probably be saying something like "fuck me hard" when I am ready for him to go to town.

Also let me know there is more to me than just a hole. I want to feel hands on my body, grab my hips if in the right position, suck (bite)my nipples, rub my thighs and ass, etc. Let me know you see more than your cock sliding in and out of me.

Reactions: Heat

A great top takes the bottom on a journey through foreplay and into the slow thrusting penetration marking the beginning of the sleep of reason. He slowly builds the intensity and power of their coupling, sometimes over hours or within minutes if the sex takes on an urgent lust for both.

Well said! It all comes down to this, doesn't it?

macho8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
also knowing where the line is between persistence and compassion...

For example, there was one top who was going too deep and kept hitting my spot and I kept pulling away. He respected my limits but kept pushing it (literally) slowly, I finally took it all and it was amazing.

My ass has never been the same again (bastard!) :)

Donkeyfan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
All the points about communication are key ... No person is the same and tastes change for each of us per minute (eg look at what happens when a bottom cums!), hours, day or year. I'd prefer a top to check in if he wants feedback. Every part of the experience is arguably 50/50, from the giving and receiving pleasure to communication and feedback, regardless of role.

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OMG! I love a sling. For me, that's the only way to be fucked. The Top can move the sling back and forth to him or away from him, simpley by holding onto the straps the sling hangs from. Once I'm loose enough up inside, I can work my bottom to the Top's penetrating thrusts. We work as a team, if we pay attention to each others body movements. And being in the sling, I can look at the Top's face, and see him make some wonder erotic faces. I can tell by his body movements and by his face if he is getting close to cumming. And if he likes to kiss, he can bend over to me for a nice big wet kiss. Slings are incredible. Woo HOO.

Get in my sling and I'll show ya.....

macho8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
OMG! I love a sling. For me, that's the only way to be fucked. The Top can move the sling back and forth to him or away from him, simpley by holding onto the straps the sling hangs from. Once I'm loose enough up inside, I can work my bottom to the Top's penetrating thrusts. We work as a team, if we pay attention to each others body movements. And being in the sling, I can look at the Top's face, and see him make some wonder erotic faces. I can tell by his body movements and by his face if he is getting close to cumming. And if he likes to kiss, he can bend over to me for a nice big wet kiss. Slings are incredible. Woo HOO.

I think its an extension of giving total control to the top.. never been on a sling! Would love to try it one day

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Firstly, great tops care about their bottoms... making sure they're also enjoying the experience. A selfish top can be both annoying and dangerous.

Great tops also have the right equipment.... Not to sound like a choosy bitch, but if he's too big or small or whatever, it's going to affect the experience and how he has to maneuver with the bottom.

Finally... (to elaborate on my first point).... I think the #1 thing that makes a good top a great top is to know what it's like to bottom. Where is your prostate? Where is your partner's?

Reactions: teninchman

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Someone who has rhythm, and is able to pick up on non-verbal communication. A grimace might indicate discomfort, but a sign might indicate pleasure or boredom. You have to know the difference. Don't just shove it in and start ramming unless you've been told ahead of time that it's what the bottom wants. Be patient - a little foreplay and sensuality goes a long way to making it a great experience for both parties.

macho8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
for those guys that can fuck the "second hole".. there was one top that would "flick" the tip of his dick on my second hole - teasing me with it.

I would get so worked up, I'd reach back and spread my ass as wide as possible and beg (BEG) him to go all in.

damn

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
A Great bottom makes a Great top, the worst fucks I have had have been guys who are all top and the best ones have been guys who have bottomed.

It follows that adage, "You cannot give something you don't have"

When you operate from experience. you bring that experience to a new level with someone .

:bj:
HH

joshnosh

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
here here!

Someone who has rhythm, and is able to pick up on non-verbal communication. A grimace might indicate discomfort, but a sign might indicate pleasure or boredom. You have to know the difference. Don't just shove it in and start ramming unless you've been told ahead of time that it's what the bottom wants. Be patient - a little foreplay and sensuality goes a long way to making it a great experience for both parties.

i say this not to be cocky, but i'm a pretty phenomenal top largely due to these ideas above. there have been countless times when i've actually lost contact with my own pleasure because i was so tuned into the bottom's pleasure. and hitting the right combination of strokes to milk out a prostate is one of the most incredible things to observe (and feel, ha ha).

and just to throw it out there, the ladies love a lot of the same things from a top. B-)

knowing where s/he's at and how to move in accordance is one of those ways i try to activate that higher-order thinking/feeling we're given as humans. animals fuck, but we humans can get it on. :)

Nectarseeker69

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A good top will be patient and not enter to fast nor go too deep until the bottom is read for a good fucking. Especially if he is big. The first time I got fucked by a large top (8X6") he was 21 years old and started to hump me at a fast pass even after having trouble getting in. We had to stop as I was bleeding a tiny bit. I finally got my rectum stretched enough that his large girth didn't hurt.
Then with my second guy (even bigger that the first), with the aid of an average width dildo that was real long I got used to his length.

muslcub

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Building up the intensity helps
I lOVE my ass eaten..
And if a hot top takes his time he can fuck
Me for hours

macho8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
one more tip guys...

if a btm reaches back to spread his ass up.. means he wants it deep. so, unless you wanna tease him, push it balls deep when he does that.

macho8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I was getting fucked recently by a huge one he's about 8"+ and real thick at the base.

It took a while to push his dick in.. and while this was happening I was pushing out against his dick... this makes the penetration easier... But after a while the fucker must have known what he was doing cause he told me tighten my ass as much as I can.

This somehow made my sigmoid/2nd hole move back into the place (I think when you push out you straighten that part). He must like it cause he proceeded to push pass it, and it basically popped in (for lack of a better word) and everytime he pulled out and push in it felt the same. It must have felt good cause he had my 2nd hole around his dickhead and my hole around the base of his dick.

For me it hurt for a bit at the start, but being the submissive btm I did what my top told me to do... It fucking felt amazing after a while.