What makes a great hug?

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love hugs! I happen to be a huge hugger and I've managed my not-so-touchy friends to become so! I love hugging people and all the different reactions they cause.

I also enjoy the different meanings a hug can take and how in the end it's all about being closer to the people we love.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ooooh there's interesting!

My hugs are more tailored for the occasion and the emotional state of the huggee than for who the huggee is.

It is usually a full body hug but my lower half rarely gets there due to the twins :rolleyes:

But sometimes people just need a hug and they usually come to me.
My mother only ever came to me when she needed one.

But you just made me think of the occasions where, the 'close' hug you would give someone close to you, I've given just cos someone really needed it.

I went to a concert with a group of 'internet' friends so didn't really know them hugely well. One girl had had terrible news the week before and was being really strong about it. But I knew that at some point the music would touch her and she'd just crumble.

I made sure I was near her throughout the night and then sure enough, as the last song started, her face just crumpled and she was in my arms.

She clung so hard and I just hugged and hugged her.
It wasn't a passionate hug, but it was a big, long, close hug.

Interestingly, I do see it as a hug not a cuddle, even though it lasted the entire length of the song and some. :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right there, K8. I didn't express myself too well there and you've brought up a good point about comfort hugs. By default, they're a full body hug where you just hold whoever needs comfort for as long as they need it.

Off on a tangent, it sounds like you give great hugs. Maybe one of these days we can compare. :rolleyes: