• Other: Because...other

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters

Ringtail

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So what makes a person "gay"? Is it strictly physically being with someone of the same gender? Or do you have to experience "love" for that individual? If your a women and you "love" men would you still be able to physically be with another women if a man didn't satisfy you without being gay? and vice versa for that males.

Give me all your long hard deep thoughts. :tongue:

Ringtail

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:3 also ifthe mods would be so kind as to move this over to the "Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy" section (as i have no idea how to) i think it would be better served there

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My opinion, if a person prefers & is getting off to, pursuing, and/or engaging in sexual acts with only the same gender, then they're gay.

To me, "love" has very little to do with sexual preference and practices. I know plenty of people (myself included) that can have sex with someone without loving them.

Last edited:

aqua-illusion

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If someone choose to have "romantic feelings" or "loving relations" with the same sex, and of course for most/some people sex comes with love so it's like a neat little package! hahaha.

Also, you have to be IN-LOVE with that person for it to count, because loving someone isn't the same thing. I love my family and some of my friends, but I'm not IN LOVE with my family and some of my friends.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Gay" means sexual attraction to same sex only.

"Bi" means sexual attraction to either sex.

"Straight" means sexual attraction to opposite sex only.

Next question..

throwing gender in the mix gives you a whole new set of definitions.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmmmmmm...the word gay is in quotation marks in the title, and Ringtail puts them around both gay and love in the OP. I think that he's looking for a sociological answer rather than any discussion of sexual orientation.

I think I'll pass on this one.

D

deleted724068

im gay. i am all the above. i love men. gay, straight or bi. a man is a man no matter of there sexuality. know.your gay is something you just know, dont know how to explain it. its the same way guys know if they are straight.
shouldnt this question go out to the straight people on this site too? what makes you straight?

D_GlennFeckless

Account Disabled
Media
From a purely sexual point of view, identity is self defined. Genetics may play an enormous part in attraction, but if attraction plays a limited role in one's sexual activity, acts of self-definition win. I.e. if you are genetically predisposed to attraction to the opposite sex, and you choose not to go against that to get your jollies, then you can rightfully call yourself straight, and vice-versa. If, OTOH, you decide on a little physical fun "outside the box", you've overridden genetics.

I am not attracted to men but thoroughly enjoy sex with them, thus I've chosen to sexually define myself as bi, and act on that.

If we're talking about social roles, that belongs in a different section.

pepinogrande

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Definitions:

Love:

"To want the very best for someone ELSE" ( Thomas Aquinas)

Sexual Orientation:

The result of chromosomes 8,9,10 and 56 already discovered genes. The fetus determines which hormones, etc, that it needs for development and he is gay, straight, some mix, between the 2-4 month of development within his mother's womb.

By the time a child is born after a 9 month gestation: he has been gay, bi, straight for approximately 6 months.

Our job as parents, teachers, et al: is to accept this wonderful child however G-d made him and love him, sustain him, assist him in becoming a solid, loving citizen who assumes responsibility, supports himself and aids those with less.

Ringtail

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmmmmm...the word gay is in quotation marks in the title, and Ringtail puts them around both gay and love in the OP. I think that he's looking for a sociological answer rather than any discussion of sexual orientation.

I think I'll pass on this one.

:3 THIS

Sexual orientation in the end (in my opinion) comes down to the individual and there hormones you will do what you like at the end of the day irrigaurdless of someone elses views on it, but what from a societies view (secifically all of yours) makes a person homosexual?

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Gay" means sexual attraction to same gender only.

"Bi" means sexual attraction to either gender.

"Straight" means sexual attraction to opposite gender only.

Next question..

well in a general vague definition of the terms....

SOOO much more to sexual preference than just the attraction or act.

D

deleted692552

In my honest opinion, all the following happening towards another guy; having very deep feelings, thinking about them constantly, checking that person out constantly, and sexual activity(if sexual activity does not happen soon, it should/will eventually).

For me, I have this attitude and behavior toward guys completely.

When it comes to a female; I may compliment them, I may perform sexual activity(which can be just as satisfying in a different way), but I truly have zero interest at the emotional level and do not wish to live together with one as a couple either.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have commented enough seriously on this topic enough in the past, so time for an old joke on the subject.
"My mother made me a homosexual"
"Really? If I gaveher enough yarn, would she make me one, too?" :biggrin1:

hungboy18

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I personally, just so I don't speak for anyone else, believe (now I feel like I'm on a pageant) that having sex with a person of the same sex doesn't make you gay, it probably means your bi, unless you're really open minded and used an available mouth/ass, imagination can take over, things happen, I wouldn't mind.

Now if a guy feels exclusively sexually attracted to another guy then he's gay, that's it, he's gay, even if he has sex with women, in my opinion he's still 100% gay, unless at some point he starts to feel something. Sex and feelings are two separate things that work together.

You're born gay or straight or Bi (which by the way has been proved to be true, there are bi people, but I suspect some are just open minded, extremely smart and horny, sexual beings).

Last edited: