What makes a true ALPHA male?????

canon

Sexy Member
Media
Definitely an alpha male here but under control. The alpha will be exposed when pushed but seldom happens. Don't particularly enjoy it coming out. A few things will trigger it such as condescension, bigotry, lying or dishonesty. I think there is a male radar system that detects an alpha male almost instantly. Most males don't like me which is OK. It is what it is. The ones that are very comfortable with themselves have no problem.

poultrygeist

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There are dominant alphas, social alphas, etc. An alpha personality regardless of the temperament doesn't necessarily need to be an asshole any more than any other type of temperament. However, a beta desperately trying to pretend to be an alpha is often an asshole because he thinks that's what being an alpha is but it's the only way he can muster the courage to stand out and stand up.

There are great betas and great alphas. Who cares anyway?

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
There are dominant alphas, social alphas, etc. An alpha personality regardless of the temperament doesn't necessarily need to be an asshole any more than any other type of temperament. However, a beta desperately trying to pretend to be an alpha is often an asshole because he thinks that's what being an alpha is but it's the only way he can muster the courage to stand out and stand up.

^This.

In an IT firm where Fuzzy worked, there was this sales guy who was pure alpha. He was boisterous, social, confident, always looked you in the eye, and was very laid back. He would stand in the middle of the work area with his arms on his hips, chest puffed out, loudly cracking jokes. Nobody seemed to mind -- it was if we all accept different temperaments. On the other hand, there was a beta data guy who was shy, passive, quiet, and was nervous (jumpy and fidgety). Fuzzy once turned off the lights to leave, thinking everyone was gone, when he timidly 'yelled' that he was still there. The alpha made about $70K and the beta made about $120K.

The moral: alphas don't necessarily run the show.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guy that helps anyone in destress, can brush off the assholes, doesn't worry about other gawking at his partner... enjoys the notice and gratification of going the extra mile... then when the lights go down, grabbing someones hair, with a tough shit attitude, because he knows what the fuck he is doing, has the equipment to do it, improvises, and slamming someone against the headboard and jackhammering and dominating into the first finale ....to ensure someone still is sore into the next day.

am I close?

oh, and helping old ladies across the street into church.

Reactions: Houtom and abattist

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A joy of being an Alpha... is when it's already known and expected, and you flip the switches here/there and give in.

I always feel "just let me drive, but at some point I will hand you the wheel...and it better be pedal to the metal". A good alpha trains a beta partner to become alpha. It's like Appalachian State beating Michigan in football for them.

#jedi... I sense the force, ass to mouth in this one.

fdbd82ca1d5a62252ff776fd40d196fb.jpg

Reactions: sangheili90

coopturn

Expert Member
Media
I know this guy from the gym who is more of an acquaintance than he is a friend. We shoot the breeze in between sets and sometimes spot each other. He and 4 or 5 of his buddies formed what they call the Alpha Male Club. They're all either married or have girlfriends. They all intend to remain attached, yet they all cheat on their wives/girlfriends with other women. They enjoy doing what they describe as "degrading" things to the women they hook up with, e.g. face fucking, facials, anal sex, very dominant sex, etc. They all say they would never do these things to their wives or girlfriends. This seems more immature and moronic to me than it does alpha and I feel really sorry for their wives and girlfriends, who have no idea what these guys are doing. My point in relaying this is that I think the term alpha male isn't widely understood.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I know this guy from the gym who is more of an acquaintance than he is a friend. We shoot the breeze in between sets and sometimes spot each other. He and 4 or 5 of his buddies formed what they call the Alpha Male Club. They're all either married or have girlfriends. They all intend to remain attached, yet they all cheat on their wives/girlfriends with other women. They enjoy doing what they describe as "degrading" things to the women they hook up with, e.g. face fucking, facials, anal sex, very dominant sex, etc. They all say they would never do these things to their wives or girlfriends. This seems more immature and moronic to me than it does alpha and I feel really sorry for their wives and girlfriends, who have no idea what these guys are doing. My point in relaying this is that I think the term alpha male isn't widely understood.

And they say locker room talk is dead.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whoever started this Alpha/Beta male nonsense on the internet is the biggest jackass ever. See this nonsense on pick up artist sites but it also seems to have spilled over into the fitness community, as if deadlifting 500 somehow makes you more alpha than a guy who can only do 365.

Haggard_Wisdom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Alphas wouldn't exist without betas. Anyone can claim to be an alpha online, and it's hard to take them seriously.

Alphas wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever.I don't want to play with Deltas. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly colour. I'm so glad I'm a Beta!

“Alpha male” is just a shitty non-title based on mounds of debunked pseudoscience about pack dynamics in wolves and other wild dogs, because the red-pill-popping PUAs that buy into this bullshit love to compare themselves to primal carnivorous animals to compensate for their massive insecurity and inability to interact with members of the opposite sex as equals/normal fucking human beings with the same nuances and complexities as anyone else

it's also a great way for these emotionally-stunted living dumpster fires to cling desperately to a worldview that puts them on top of whatever contrived social-Darwinian heirarchy they so desperately want to be at the top of, where getting “cucked” is tantamount to exile and being a “beta”/normal fucking human being is a form of pariahism