What makes me want to pee when i go outside in the cold? cold

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This may be a bizarre question, but...It is has been abnormally cold in No. Calif.- 40 to 50 degrees and damp. So, when I want to smoke (which I don't want to do inside) I go out on my patio. Every time, when I sit in a chair I immediately feel like I need to pee. Is it a physiological reaction to the temperature change? It is really weird!:eek: I don't recall this happening in the years before now. Any ideas as to why would give me a clue.

skybluedude

1st Like
Media
Another reason one has to pee when it's cold is that colder temps cut off the secretion of "anti-diuretic hormone," which is secreted to conserve the body's water supply and keep blood pressure normal or at least life-sustaining. When the body stops secreting this, water isn't saved up, and we tend to pee more.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Exposure to cold (especially coming straight out of a warm room) makes your blood vessels constrict, reducing the flow of blood from your skin. The increased blood pressure makes your body try to reduce the volume of fluid in your system. Sweat isn’t an option, so it tries to empty your bladder. So when you get cold, you want to pee.