"what makes one un-American" (cynical)

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Supporting the war on terror, while ignoring the terrorism we support. Supporting Israel while people are slaughtered. Supporting the war on drugs, on and on.

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Heh, care to make a wager?

No way any of the Republican candidates even have a chance. They're either insane(Perry), super Christian-crazy(Bachmann), hypocrites(Romney), or totally unelectable (Paul).

It's just the facts, I want someone better than Obama in there too but it's just not going to happen.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No way any of the Republican candidates even have a chance. They're either insane(Perry), super Christian-crazy(Bachmann), hypocrites(Romney), or totally unelectable (Paul).

It's just the facts, I want someone better than Obama in there too but it's just not going to happen.

Thank you for posting this, MF. It's entirely how I see things myself.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Why not?

Allow me to be the devil's advocate. :cool:

The nationalism preached is derisory. It was over when JFK asked you to think not of what America could do for you etc, because his political nose already knew that that time was over, a time of horseshit nostalgia was upon you and you have gone nowhere ever since. Well, you might argue that you have gone down the crapper to become a nation of entitlement demanding victims with debts that will destroy you (not that others haven't also).

I love Chomsky :biggrin1:.

Last edited:

Horrible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

It's looking that way, but don't forget how bad the American public wants tone shut of Obama. What is the saying? A drowning man will clutch at a straw? Perry is no life preserver, but he is also not a throat full of putrid stagnant water either.