What makes you Canadian eh?!

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, another thing going for Canada: a very laid back government that doesn't wag a moral stick at its people. For example, I like their position on gay marriage.

PS: Don't get me wrong, I also love my country.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Does passive aggressively insulting your neighbors with barbs disguised as self-congratulation make one Canadian?

Yep! Although we can insulting in a very direct way when needed as well. Hoser! (kidding)

What makes us Canadian? In general (because there are lots of exceptions), tolerance, friendlyness, strong beer, rye whisky, self-depreciating humor and never forgiving Diefenbaker for the Avro Arrow!
We are proud of our peacekeeping missions around the world, even with such a poorly equipped military.
I never realized until I moved over here, that Canadians are exotic! Where I live, people only know that Canada is rich, peaceful and cold. They know everything about Americans and Europeans, but we are a bit mysterious! LOL I have used it to my advantage a few times.

Canada rocks!!!

I miss Tim Bits!

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A commentary on a Canadian business: Sorell boots for those in the know were the best felt packs made for winter use. Wal-Mart convinced them to sell a cheap copy of their high end boots, they sold really well and the contract forced them to devote most of their production lines to producing lower quality, low profit knock-offs of their own boot. They are now out of business and from what I heard their good name was bought by a Korean manufacturer.

Wal-Mart has destroyed more business's than any president.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A commentary on a Canadian business: Sorell boots for those in the know were the best felt packs made for winter use. Wal-Mart convinced them to sell a cheap copy of their high end boots, they sold really well and the contract forced them to devote most of their production lines to producing lower quality, low profit knock-offs of their own boot. They are now out of business and from what I heard their good name was bought by a Korean manufacturer..

Wal-Mart has destroyed more business's than any president.

Yes, this is the standard life-cycle of a Wal-Mart supplier.

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a summer home in the 1000 islands region of Ontario. The Canadian people are so polite and welcoming and curtious. They are always smiling and seem to be laid back all the time. An amazing country where I plan to retire to. Ottawa and Toronto are also great cities to visit.

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Frizzle, you know not of which you speak.

Culturally, we have many similarities with Americans. Basically everyone came to this continent thinking the grass would be greener. And it was, after we killed all the natives of course. Not something I'm proud of as a Canadian.

We have the best medical system, everyone is taken care of medically, regardless whether they have insurance or not.
We are successful at keeping church out of state.
Peacekeeping is one of the things we are known for.
Our country is huge and beautiful.
We are generally polite and friendly.

I have nothing against our American neighbours. We are separate from them, Frizzle, and are a unique, wonderful country.

It's just like saying England is just another french province.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Canada's basically the 52nd state of America anyway.

Maybe you have problems with the high numbers, frizzle.:cool:

But in some ways, you're right. No question, there are real similarities. When I'm in the States, I'm often asked what state I'm from. Much of our entertainment is the same. Canadian performers tend to do very well in the States (where they're soon taken for Americans!).
But we are far more communitarian. We are not social Darwinists to the same degree. Our health care system, while flawed, does ensure that no one will go bankrupt because of the body's betrayal.
It is probably no illusion of ours that we are less aggressive, less territorial, not only in terms of foreign policy but in social relations, somewhat more polite (with lots of exceptions, of course), more inclined to see ourselves as figures in a larger tableau rather as narrative centres of the universe, and so forth.
That said, all these traits are trade-offs, and the offsetting qualities that Americans have, are no less admirable.
I could live happily in either country.
My only point is that we are not mere knock-offs of the Americans.
There are real differences if you have the exposure to have seen them.

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe you have problems with the high numbers, frizzle.:cool:

But in some ways, you're right. No question, there are real similarities. When I'm in the States, I'm often asked what state I'm from. Much of our entertainment is the same. Canadian performers tend to do very well in the States (where they're soon taken for Americans!).
But we are far more communitarian. We are not social Darwinists to the same degree. Our health care system, while flawed, does ensure that no one will go bankrupt because of the body's betrayal.
It is probably no illusion of ours that we are less aggressive, less territorial, not only in terms of foreign policy but in social relations, somewhat more polite (with lots of exceptions, of course), more inclined to see ourselves as figures in a larger tableau rather as narrative centres of the universe, and so forth.
That said, all these traits are trade-offs, and the offsetting qualities that Americans have, are no less admirable.
I could live happily in either country.
My only point is that we are not mere knock-offs of the Americans.
There are real differences if you have the exposure to have seen them.

Excuse me while i fall in love

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Excuse me while i fall in love

I would excuse you any day, 9inchcanadian.
Of course, since you subtracted an inch from your pudendum, you have fallen one inch under the Canadian mean.:eek: But that classic national anatomical stupendosity is probably what brought you here, right, 9ic? And to the Canadian city of London, of all things.
You can take the boi out of Britain, but you can't take Britain out of the boi.
And as Martha might say, 'That's a good thing.':cool:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What makes me Canadian?

- Use of the word, "Eh"
- Touques
- Instinctively watching for deer or moose on the side of the road.
- Hockey!!!
- Having a flock of Canada geese rest over night in our pool during migration.