What makes you Canadian eh?!

What makes me Canadian?

- Use of the word, "Eh"
- Touques
- Instinctively watching for deer or moose on the side of the road.
- Hockey!!!
- Having a flock of Canada geese rest over night in our pool during migration.

That made my day! :biggrin1:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What makes me Canadian?

- Use of the word, "Eh"
- Touques
- Instinctively watching for deer or moose on the side of the road.
- Hockey!!!
- Having a flock of Canada geese rest over night in our pool during migration.

The urban Canada geese in Anchorage are thicker than Pigeons elsewhere. Moose are everywhere.
(but then Alaska should be a province rather than a state)

Edit/PS: Just noticed the Dominion Governor General, Michaelle Jean, is originally Haitian, I had seen her name, but presumed her to be Quebecois, the US is contemplating either it's first woman head of state, or it's first head of state with African ancestry, neither is a a novelty on the continent.

motoramic

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Frizzle, you know not of which you speak.

Culturally, we have many similarities with Americans. Basically everyone came to this continent thinking the grass would be greener. And it was, after we killed all the natives of course. Not something I'm proud of as a Canadian.

We have the best medical system, everyone is taken care of medically, regardless whether they have insurance or not.
We are successful at keeping church out of state.
Peacekeeping is one of the things we are known for.
Our country is huge and beautiful.
We are generally polite and friendly.

I have nothing against our American neighbours. We are separate from them, Frizzle, and are a unique, wonderful country.

It's just like saying England is just another french province.

I wouldn't say Canada has the best medical system. Yes, all Canadians are covered but the quality of medical services doesn't match the group coverage here in the States. Each has a pro and con to their medical system. Yes, in the States not everyone is covered and we do have our flaws, but we have better doctors than the Canadians a lot of times. Many top Canadian doctors come to the States to practice here. My Canadian grandmother comes down to the States every six months for medical treatment because her treatment in Canada is so slow and bureaucratic. The American doctors have more control over their patient's care than the Canadians. If you do however want premium medical service over the basic free service in Canada, you can pay extra.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wouldn't say Canada has the best medical system. Yes, all Canadians are covered but the quality of medical services doesn't match the group coverage here in the States. Each has a pro and con to their medical system. Yes, in the States not everyone is covered and we do have our flaws, but we have better doctors than the Canadians a lot of times. Many top Canadian doctors come to the States to practice here. My Canadian grandmother comes down to the States every six months for medical treatment because her treatment in Canada is so slow and bureaucratic. The American doctors have more control over their patient's care than the Canadians. If you do however want premium medical service over the basic free service in Canada, you can pay extra.

Some Canadian doctors prefer to practice in the US because they are paid more, perhaps excessively so.
Hospitals in the US charge $3,000. a day for a bed.The US per Capita spending on health care is between two and three times that of Canada or Australia, around 15% to their 5 to 7%. The largest part of this is excess profit by the private insurance companies, taken out of the health care system. The US should go to a single payer system.