What music collections do you have?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh man... I am gonna have to start checkin' out Pablo Casals... I have always heard of his name, but have never checked out his cello playin', he is, I assume one of the greatest in the world right? "Street Life" makes me feel all energetic inside whenever I hear it... they have remastered the album and it sounds fantastic!!!! They are a phenomenol jazz group... Joe Sample came with Boney a few years back and I fucking had to work! Aaarrgggh!!!!

Portishead changed my life... Dummy will be one of my top favorite albums of all time, I was the first person in my area to be into them back in 1995.

I can't believe your taste in music... it is phenomenal... you can come over anytime my dear, it's slap in the middle of wedding season which means that my living room is filled with cameras, "tripods", cables, various dj equipment and my usual music gear... the place looks like a pawn shop! lol! Thank you very much for the mental image of us gettin our groove on (musically of course! lol!)...

hmmm... tripod likey the chockokittie (Your gallery is KILLER!)!!!! :tongue:
Thank you!
Something about the cello is very sexy... start with Casals' Early Recordings 1925-28. The Wagner Tannhauser: Lied an den is hawt.

I'm all for my ass on your sofa getting our Joe Sample on. :wink:
Btw, I love Marcella's Dream, Way Back Home (the intro too) and Cold Duck Eddie.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm, where to start...

About 800 to 900 (haven't counted recently) CDs in lots and lots of different genres; about 1/3 of it "classical" (actually, Common Practice Period, Medieval through early 20th century). Classic rock, blues, a little country, big band, alternative rock, soundtracks, musicals...

(And my partner has to keep his Chermadonnacelinewhitneymariahdonnatechnodisco crap downstairs, so I don't have to hear it when he plays it.)

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recently ordered a collection of 50 classical CDs. I've yet to listen to the whole thing (I'll be a few years older before I get through it all, no doubt) but it has a lot of the best composers on there and some of the tunes are incredibly relaxing. It's therapeutic at home and on the road as well - if I listen to the songs in the car, every bit of stress/road rage dissipates. That's actually the first and only collection of anything that I own. As far as regular music goes, I download mp3s.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Oh man... I am gonna have to start checkin' out Pablo Casals... I have always heard of his name, but have never checked out his cello playin', he is, I assume one of the greatest in the world right?

I'd start with his version of J.S. Bach's Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello, tripod. Done in the late 30s, they're a bit old fashioned, very romantic, and very very moving.
One of the reference recordings, fo' sho'.

iamanne

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Classically speaking - Rocmaninov

In the Rock genre I've recently been into U2 and the Goo Goo Dolls

And of course.... there is always Bob Marley

nydudehere

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My CD collection is mostly 80's and 90's New Wave. I'll just mention the group that I have several CDs of.

The Cure, The Smiths/Morrissey, New Order/Joy Division, The Chameleons, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Public Image LTD, Depeche Mode, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, The Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, OMD, Simple Minds, The Beastie Boys.

Recently to save space for moving I took all the CDs out of the jewel case and stored them with their CD covers. So what would have taken several boxes fit into a shoe box.

I dont' have any Country CDs. I do have Public Enemy for rap, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac/Stevie NIcks for Classic Rock and ABBA for pop, and Madonna (or I would have to turn in my gay card)

This is the closest I will get to Opera YouTube - Madam Butterfly - Malcolm Maclaran (the Sex Pistols manager)

This is also a bit operatic YouTube - Carolyn's fingers - Cocteau twins
Hey memo 101 my itunes library has many songs from the artist you mentioned above every single one of them except for the beasties... i dont know why ... I also have gary newman, the church(its sad that half of the pple my age i know dont even have a clue who this artist are), ikon,a flock of seagulls, psychedelic furs,peter murphy/bauhaus,ultravox 69 eyes vhs or beta,the sound, pistols, and the list goes on and on love the post punk era...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey memo 101 my itunes library has many songs from the artist you mentioned above every single one of them except for the beasties... i dont know why ... I also have gary newman, the church(its sad that half of the pple my age i know dont even have a clue who this artist are), ikon,a flock of seagulls, psychedelic furs,peter murphy/bauhaus,ultravox 69 eyes vhs or beta,the sound, pistols, and the list goes on and on love the post punk era...

I knew there were some cool people here. :cool:

I have CD from the bands that I put in bold.

(third person to call me memo this week) :frown1:

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
like what do you mean? I have like a collection of RHCP, Marilyn Manson, The Doors, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam.....the list goes on forever
Thats is basically my collection with a few added

Nine inch nails
Iggy Pop
David Bowie
White stripes
The dresden Dolls
Sigur Ros
John Butler trio
Ben Harper
The Smashing pumpkins
Lou Reed
MC5
Mott the hoople

etc,etc, etc

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the church(its sad that half of the pple my age i know dont even have a clue who this artist are
I quite like The Church. I only just last week saw the video for "Under The Milky Way" for the first time on VH-1 Classic. Great song.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ugh. I hate you cultured people with your Classical music and your Enya...

Seriously, though

My collection is probably what an average young adult suburban guy would have.

Mostly Indie rock/Dance

Some Hip-hop/R & B

A few pop records

then a couple of Classic rock albums

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Rock---the Fugs, Elvis Costello, Doors, Lene Lovich, Toyah, the Style Council, a lot of garage band stuff on PEBBLES and NUGGETS collections. Randy Newman. Paul Simon.

Comedy. Stan Freberg, Allan Sherman, Dr Demento styled material. Stand up comis like Bill Hicks.

Jean Michael Jarre, Phil Glass, much material by Bach and Mozart. Gershwin.

Totally weird albums. I have a record called "Inside SINA", which is a recording of someone who advocates putting clothing on animals. I know its a put on, but the audience did not.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i have nas' complete discography including an original 1994 release of illmatic , biggie's complete discography , tupac's complete discography , teh complete jimi hendrix discography along with "electric ladyland" on vinyl , a little sam cooke , alotta bb king and buddy guy , some old school eric clapton , some sade in teh stash , teddy pendergrass , al green , john lee hooker , curtis mayfield , otis redding , sting when he was still with "the police" , the manditory stevie ray vaughn , ledd zepplin , live video of stairway to heaven (an all time great song) , the complete discography of the roots , all little audioslave , entire bob marley discography , some buju banton and peter tosh , some old slick rick from way back in the day , the legendary "paid in full" on vinyl.

too much more to name baseball is on

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Old school here -- still prefer CDs (and even vinyl) to the 'nothingness' of MP3s. I like the artwork, the liner notes, the artist credits that comes from the real article.

This link is very out of date; my summer project is to update it, and I'm making progress in that regard; but it gives a sense of the size of my collection. (I'm here for the Lotsa Platters Support Group!) I've got a little over 3000 discs in my collection.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Ray Charles/Stevie Wonder/Tupac Shakur/Jodeci/Silk/Mary J. Blige/Aaron Hall/Otis Redding/The Isley Brothers/Marvin Gaye/The Notorious B.I.G./Jay-Z/Patti LaBelle/Justin Timberlake/T-Pain/Gerald Levert/Goodie Mob/TLC/112/D’Angelo/Bone Thugs/Alicia Keys/Outkast…etc, etc, etc. It's so much.

I’m an R&B and hip hop fan. I’m also a fan of the piano. My Mozart was stolen by a smart prick…fucker. I’m lookin’ for him.