What music do you listen to?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by OhWhy265, Mar 31, 2007.

1. OhWhy265

OhWhy265 New Member

Albums:
    My personal favorites:

Dave Matthews Band, Pink Floyd, Miles Davis, Bob Marley & The Wailers, and Roger Waters' solo stuff.

2. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    Keane, OK Go, Dave Matthews Band, Muse, Franz Ferdinand, Hello Goodbye, Nelly Furtado, Rock Kills Kid, Green Day

Ok, so since I'm gay here are the obligatory favorites from that side: Christina Aguilera, Madonna

3. WildHoney

Gold Member

I am so tragic in my musical tastes that my husband tries to hide my CD's.

I love 70's disco, early 80's, Prince, Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams, ACDC, ......I could go on but will spare you the cringe factor :)

xx
    Honey

4. agnslz

Gold Member

Every kind! I like classic country, classic rock, oldies, Motown, R&B, Hip-Hop, techno, dance music, reggaeton, cumbia, ranchera, mariachi, show tunes, and even some classical. I really do like it all!:biggrin:

5. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Red hot chili peppers, Pearl Jam, the Doors, Lou Reed, The white stripes, Ben Harper.

Really anything from Marilyn Manson to Andrea Bocelli

6. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    this question has always been kind of like the 'where ya from?' question- growing up military we moved every year or two- Im from everywhere- and the music I listen to is so broadly varied its almost tragic.
    I have downloads that I love by the fray, nickelback, and my new 'idol', Chris Daughtry.. and I have others I love as much by Josh Groban- Toby Keith- Shania Twain- The Temptations- Sonny and Cher- Keith Urban- Robbie Williams- Blue- Tim McGraw/Faith Hill- Kenny G- Ella Fitzgerald- Rob Thomas- and I havent touched the surface! The thing is about music for me, it really affects my mood. So it has great importance in my daily life. and I so treasure my music collection, it is the one thing that gets multiple frequent backups. NOT to be confused with multiple frequent orgasms, which however, may also be affected by the music :biggrin1:

7. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I will make this easy on myself and just copy the list I have on my MySpace page.... These are my favorite bands:

+44, Alice in Chains, Alison Moyet, And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, Angels and Airwaves, Beck, Bjork, Blink 182, Brand New, Bright Eyes, Chris Isaak, Coldplay, Darude, Dashboard Confessionals, Dave Matthews Band, Dead or Alive, Dynamite Hack, Get Up Kids, Green Day, Harvey Danger, Head Automatica, Indigo Girls, Leo Kottke, Matisyahu, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Morningwood, Morrissey, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At the Disco, Pearl Jam, Placebo, Plain White Tees, Poe, REM, Secret Machines, She Wants Revenge, Smashing Pumpkins, Social Distortion, Soft Cell, Sonya Kitchell, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Taking Back Sunday, The Cure, The Dresden Dolls, The Futureheads, The Raconteurs, The Ramones, The Used, Tracy Bonham, Tracy Chapman, Violent Femmes, Yaz, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Yellow Card, Bush, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Primus, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, StainD, Static X, Stone Temple Pilots, Tool, The Beatles, Billie Holliday, Cream, Dusty Springfield, Frank Sinatra, George Thoroughgood, Glenn Miller, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, Lynard Skynard, Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Eagles, Tom Petty, Bone Thugs N Harmony, Cypress Hill, Digital Underground, Kottonmouth Kings, Barry White, Dead Milkmen, Gnarls Barkley, Ween.....

I think that pretty much covers it... if I come up with anything else, I'll add it.

8. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Right now, Wolf Mother, Iced Earth , the new version of Black Betty ,

9. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    thats okay Meg- we wont read em all anyway !! :biggrin1: kidding hun, j/k :kiss:

10. No_Strings

Gold Member

Anything and everything;

Stevie Wonder, to Justin Timberlake, to Prodigy, to Arctic Monkeys, to Tiesto, to Foo Fighters... you get the point :tongue:

My taste in music depends entirely upon my current mood.

11. crescendo69

Gold Member

12. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

There's more depth to sound effects records than some people realize.

13. madame_zora

Gold Member

I once had an LP of Halloween sound effects and songs. The last cut was supposed to be a throw-away of martians eating a spaceship, but it was entirely amazing.

I like TattoedMeg's idea, so here's my MyGay list:

Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed- You Black Emperor, The Mars Volta, Oh My God, Skeleton Key, The Afghan Whigs, Mindless Self Indulgence, Tori Amos, Yes, Disposable Heroes of Hiphopracy, Bjork, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa, NIN, Tool, A Perfect Circle, the White Stripes, Rasputina, Beck, Convoj, Deathcab for Cutie, The Departure, Dead Meadow, Joggers, Rahim

It could use some updating, but it's a start.

14. davidjh7

Gold Member

Oh, wow!!! I had that SAME EXACT record! I think I still have it in my stack of vinyle somewhere.....that gave me a real blast from the past chuckle.."....Mmm---that was delicious-I wonder what it was...". I THINK they actually ate the intrepid explorer...heh

15. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Kind of funny... in a different board that I frequent there was a thread about what bands do you hate or feel are overrated. DMB, Pink Floyd, and Bob Marley were all frequently mentioned in that thread.

My personal favorites include Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Fiona Apple, Ludwig von Beethoven, Eminem, Tool, Linkin Park, Massive Attack, some other stuff... those first five especially.

16. D_Herin_Ghan

D_Herin_Ghan Account Disabled

Hardcore, Metalcore, Screamo, Rap

Including: UnderOath, The Devil Wears Prada, It Dies Today, Haste the Day, Alove for Enemies, On Broken Wings, Norma Jean, Anterrabae, Throwdown, As I lay Dying, The Acacia Strain, Unearth, Most Precious Blood, Bleeding Through, Trivium, Thrice, Still Remains, The Receiving End of Sirens, Hope Dies Last, God Forbid, Integrity, Animosity, If Hope Dies, Ill Remembered, Burden Of A Day, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Evergreen Terrace, God Forbid, GLASSJAW, Fear Before the March of Flames, From Autumn to Ashes, Funeral For a Friend, Chimaira, Classic Case, Dead to Fall, Bury Your Dead, Brand New, Alexisonfire, All That Remains, The Agony Scene, 30STM, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Armor for Sleep, Darkest Hour, Dillinger, Escape the Fate, Every Time I Die, Caliban, Becoming the Archetype, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Coalescence, Breaking Ben, Chevelle, Bullet for My Valentine, August Burns Red, Black My Heart, The Bled, A Static Lullaby, and a bunch more.

17. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Hmmm. No, I don't have that one.

18. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    i love a little bit of everything. i was raised listening to everything, so i don't limit myself. however, my favorite genres are ska. rocksteady, and reggae

19. invisibleman

Gold Member

I like: old school electro. disco. old school R&B and funk. atmospheric movie soundtracks. any symphonies by Rimski-Korsakov, Saint-Saens, and Copland ( I love the interesting uses of harmony). drumnbass. jungle. filterhouse. two-step. country-western Tele guitar and pedal steel songs.

20. BigPoppaFury

BigPoppaFury Member

Albums:
    My two most listened to styles are 80s rock and hardcore. Yeah I don't know.... My most listened to bands at the moment are Merauder, Bodybag, Bulletboys, Love/Hate, Anthrax, Kix, Therapy?, Wisdom in Chains, Irate, Vain, XYZ, Wildhearts, Madball... My CD collection is big and this list could go on forever but you get the idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted