What music do you listen to?

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I love music, from old school blues like Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Lead Belly, etc, to 60's stuff and Motown. However, my favorite stuff is the loud, rude, in your face old school metal stuff, like Black Sabbath, Metallica, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Skynyrd and the like. I also love some of the more mellow type of 70's stuff like Pink Floyd, etc. I also love 80's and 90's stuff, as that's what I grew up on.

However, as I've gotten older, I've noticed that I tend to listen more to songs than to just artists. Lately, I've gotten into some of Adele's music, especially songs like Rollin' in the Deep and Someone Like You.

However, I'll tend to go through phases with my music, and I'll listen to one artist or a certain sound more than others. It all varies.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I LOVE music!
All of it.
There are probably a handful of songs I won't listen to, everything is jolly goodness!

Lately I've been on a power-pop/new wave kick from 74-86; XTC, Lew Lewis, Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, Stiff Little Fingers, Anti-Nowhere League, The Avengers, The Smiths, The Motors, The Ruts, Big Country, Nick Lowe, Boomtown Rats, Ultra Vox... Off the top of my head.

There are very few things I love more than music; I live it, I breathe it and I could eat it I would.
BTW, since this is a thread about music I just wanna tell the people to check out my signature! I have a 20 song demo on last.FM and I know you'll love it!

Shameless plug.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
everything .. all types
nothings sacred, incl sacred songs hymns etc
ALL Good, .. and soothes the soul, as THEY say
classical / pop / rock / opera whatever

Daniel O'Donnell - One Day At A Time - YouTube

current obsession' ha

depends on yr mood can decide on what to listen to at any given time
etc etc ha
youtube music is a bonus at this latter stage of life
shit i better stop raving. fr once? ha
enz

Daichii

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depends on the mood. Year wise doesn't matter. 20's 40's 60's 70's 80's 90's 2000's.

I'm open to all. Love dance, house/progressive house, electro, d&b, trance, techno, ambient etc.

Rap, hip hop, heart break free style etc.

Classical, old 20's-60's europe, 70's 80's etc etc.

Pop, current hits etc. Rock, some metal, some punk etc.

Ethnic too. International. All over the globe.

I have favorites and likes in all genres and times.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are over 6000 music files on my external hard drive :redface:

There's a ton of music from my youth: Punk New Wave, Post-Punk, Synthpop and Hardcore; there's a ton of 70s Disco, too. There are also way too many examples of Noisecore, but sometimes I like getting lost in the wall of noise.

I also have large folders of Joni Mitchell and Bjork. There's a good amount of Jazz, too, especially Swing, Vocalese, Bebop and Bossa Nova.

There are probably 1500 French-language files, mostly Chanson (classic French post-WW2) and quite a bit of classic Cuban stuff.

There are some really large holes in my music appreciation, though. I just don't get Country (at all), Hip Hop (at all) or Gospel (at all). I don't hate Classical but dislike listening to it. The only time I can abide Opera is in a theater being performed live (three times in 51 years: not a big fan).

Most Metal sorta escapes me, too, especially 80s Hair Rock, but I'll listen to a limited amount of 70s classics like Led Zeppelin, etc. The biggest issue I have with the whole Classic Rock genre is that it basically the only thing my ex would listen to, and every time I hear it unwanted memories of him come back.

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll listen to nearly everything, but I primarily listen to electronica, metal & industrial.

Bands like Machine Head, Meshuggah, Soulfly, Dope, Static-X, Strapping Young Lad, Ministry, Fear Factory, etc.

For electronica, mainly The Prodigy, DJ Shadow, Borgore, Hybrid, Rob Dougan, & UNKLE.