What Nancy Pelosi actually said

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No surprise to hear unsubstantiated smears flying around on Pelosi's first day. You better believe some will now make their living trying to discredit her for being a bitch.

During the Clinton presidency, the far right bred this obese industry of media pit bulls to tear into any perceived or real warts on the Clintons and other "liberals". The noise they made over even the simplest things was often so ridiculous, especially compared to the comparatively meek responses of the Democrats to a far worse litany of outrages during Bush II.

The pit bulls must have been bored without many relevant enemies to tear into in the last several years. I'm sure they're smacking their chops over Pelosi. Whatever. I'm not wed to the Democrats, but - you go, Nancy.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Today NPR (national public radio)carried a lengthy interview with Nancy Pelosi, so far she has my respect, and I am 'quietly optomistic'.

I recommend people go to NPR.ORG, where they can listen to it online, and else. To people outside the US, it has nothing to do with government propaganda, and you will see that there are decent news sources available. I have the impression that people think things like CNN (haven't even seen it in years)are all there is.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like to watch cnn, msnbc, abc and the like because I want to know what mainstream America is being told. I also watch televangelist shows! It helps not having to sleep very much.

Thanks for the reminder about npr, I hadn't checked in there in a while. It does seem to be less filled with propaganda and extreme slants, rather like the bbc, especially several years ago.

She seems sincere, which by itself is more than I can say for so many of our recent politicos. It bothers me that the propaganda machines are so eager to discredit her, and that (in usual form) so many Americans are so easily persuaded. I hope she gets the chance to be judged on her performance, not her gender- but I think that's a bit much to ask.

Liberal countries like Chile, India, England, Latvia and many others have managed to survive the shocking phenomena of women leaders, and I can't help but be desperately offended that right here in America we are still discussing "are we ready for this?"

Sure, I'm pissed. Read this list of women world leaders:

http://www.geocities.com/capitolHill/Lobby/4642/

I would wish that this misunderstanding would be a lesson to us, but once again, I doubt it. I think the real lesson here is that America is indeed the land of the biggest propaganda machine, and the people who fall victim to believing this crap feel absolutley no sense of responsibility for the trouble their false beliefs cause us, or the rest of the world.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like to watch cnn, msnbc, abc and the like because I want to know what mainstream America is being told. I also watch televangelist shows! It helps not having to sleep very much.

Thanks for the reminder about npr, I hadn't checked in there in a while. It does seem to be less filled with propaganda and extreme slants, rather like the bbc, especially several years ago.

She seems sincere, which by itself is more than I can say for so many of our recent politicos. It bothers me that the propaganda machines are so eager to discredit her, and that (in usual form) so many Americans are so easily persuaded. I hope she gets the chance to be judged on her performance, not her gender- but I think that's a bit much to ask.

Liberal countries like Chile, India, England, Latvia and many others have managed to survive the shocking phenomena of women leaders, and I can't help but be desperately offended that right here in America we are still discussing "are we ready for this?"

Sure, I'm pissed. Read this list of women world leaders:

http://www.geocities.com/capitolHill/Lobby/4642/

I would wish that this misunderstanding would be a lesson to us, but once again, I doubt it. I think the real lesson here is that America is indeed the land of the biggest propaganda machine, and the people who fall victim to believing this crap feel absolutley no sense of responsibility for the trouble their false beliefs cause us, or the rest of the world.

In history, for britian, I think the victorian and elizabethan periods are defining points, and with Austria there is a particular fondness for Maria Theresia.

Actually the first woman head of government for alaska was Czarina Ekatarina II.

I grew up in an extremely extended family with many great aunts who were very capeable and involved in community affairs, politics, business, on chamber of commerce, hospital, charity boards, party and campaign chairs. ( my role models were strong women, that's why I'm gay)

I have never thought of anyone being limited by their gender. It seems slightly curious such a fuss is being made about the first woman speaker. None of the men in my lifetime that have held the position have had my respect.

It is unfortunate how led by the nose the US public is by the commercial media. Makes me think of the denotative definition of the latin 'mobile vulgare'.

Reading a biography of Hypatia.