What? No Grammy Comments!!!

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What's up with that? I liked most of the entertainment but was totally pissed with how my audio kept dropping out on certain acts. Was this just my tv or was it done to stop people from getting good recording of the broadcast since everything will be available over ITunes. One that was the worst was the Lil Wayne Emenem and Drake performance, evey freaking 30 seconds the sound would drop out and be out sometimes for like 5 or more seconds. I can't see it being just me since as soon as the act was over it stopped. This wasn't there way of bleeping content was it? This did not happen at all with the Dave Matthews Band performance which I thought was excellant.

When Roberta sang with Maxwell and(I'm told there is no lip syncing in the Grammy's) her mic was like way far from her mouth and looked like she could barely hold it up. I find it hard to believe this couldn't be noticed in the audio, she even turned her face away from the mic on several occasions with no difference in the audio level.

Beyonce, all I can say is Wow. Same with Pink, a bit to much Cirque there but beautiful anyway. Beyonce's act was a bit over the top for TV hell you couldn't see 80 percent of what was going on. Black Eyed Peas was the same but I loved the Robot Speaker dances, A look at the future? Who Knows.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Some quick comments:
1. Pink was absolutely amazing.
2. Mary J. Blige can still get me emotional after all these years.
3. Roberta Flack will now be referred to as Roberta Botox. Did her face actually move during the Maxwell performance?
4. Gaga & Elton John... very classy!

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I fn missed the Elton Gaga act, damn!!! Tuned in to late.

Yes I loved Bridge Over Troubled Waters, and my comments bout Beyonce didn't mean I didn't love her. What surprised me is how nervous she was the third time she got up on stage. She certainly wasn't nervious as she displayed crotch shots to all the guys in the front row, damn it had to be right there, how ever I did notice she had a stand in there too.

I still wonder where all the water was coming from during Pink's act she was missing from the camera coverage for a bit after they lowered her to the stage, she must have gotten hooked up to something while she was off camera.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's still the Grammys... even the most seasoned performer would get nervous on a stage like that. I certainly didn't mind a few extra crotch shots during the performance.

The only real grievance I had is with Lady Gaga winning Dance/Electronica awards over people like David Guetta and The Crystal Method. She should have won something in the Pop category so that people who truly make Electronica can get the Grammy nods they deserve. That's more of a committee thing than anything else.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Paramore should have won best single or whatever the category was. I heard pussycat dolls beat them. What the fuck is up with that? A band with talent getting beaten by a girl and her dancing bitches?

I dont know.....sometimes i feel as though these are popularity contests.....

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NZ perspective
Now that i know its happened i may get around to watching it,will possibly be on in next few days, unless they have been super onto it, and shown it live' ha
(doubt that very much for NZ)
I will note and report back if i watch it, re the sound drop if it happens over here Deno, if it does with the eminem part, i think i will turn the TV off instant..fck that shit happening.
pretty backward here, they tend to promote it as an upcoming major spectacle (same as the British Baftas and other similar) and by the time it is put on, with associated ads etc..very unpleasant viewing.
Not a TV person anyway, so may well give it a miss
Sad to read of Roberta Flack tho Vinyl
ge modern day living aye?
enz
re-reading your guys reporting of it, i may just have the sound without pictures,,,haha like on island and radio only...
providing the sounds OK...ge what drama?? ha

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well I got my answer to the sound out complaint on emenem drake lil'wayne performace in an article at tv guide.

1. Worst Editing: Drake holds his own singing his hit "Forever" with established rappers Lil Wayne and Eminem. We'd say more about this energetic performance, but we only heard about half percent of it; CBS' censors bleeped the rest. The song isn't that dirty. Someone could have been more judicious with the edits.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Grammys are my least favourite awards show. Such pretentious posturing.

It's the ultimate example of the music industry doing the equivalent of a dog licking its own balls.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't watch these types of award shows anymore.

Now if they had ones like "The World's Biggest Cocks" or "The Show Is A Drag", I'd tune in. Not that I'm a drag queen (even though my avatar may look it!), I love professional produced drag performances.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Grammy Awards on nz tv
anyone knows if Grammy Awards will be shown on our tv this year?

C4 were brillant playing it last year only hours behind the American brodcast but they
dropped the ball/Grammy this year.

I am very annoyed about the Grammy's not showing on New Zealand TV it's
just horrible that Sky can have as many channels as they do & not have it play
on MTV, Vibe or the Box.

there you have it for clean green BULLSHIT NZ haha
save the $$ TVNZ ..i geuss .. NO showing at all, fck the public & especially the youngsters it seems
Bloody Incredible
No wonder i live in the Bush ..away from all the madness
enz
-and i had to go to Google to get it, shitass Yahoo search..seems like they never heard of such as grammy awards nz tv....bbaaaahh yeah we fck sheep in NZ
Not angry that I missed out on the stupid grammys, haha but annoyed the younger generation has missed out on something.
Anyway lets lpsg and world know what NZ .. can be like in 2010

Grammy TV audience biggest in six years .. yeah, and we continue to play shit like Lost etc..>

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
True, true, Deno.

BTW, what the hell was Celine Dion wearing at that MJ tribute.....an elf costume? LOL!

And about Roberta Flack.....her face is slowly transforming into the Cat Woman.

Last edited:

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

It's the ultimate example of the music industry doing the equivalent of a dog licking its own balls.
I avoid all awards shows for the nonsense they spew. Fiirst the announcers//presenters and the host with their theatrics and then the winner with prepared stupidity and thanking everyone from the doctor who first slapped them {not hard enough, thank you very much} to the person who first noticed they looked slutty enough to be a star and let's not forget to thank the creator of _____________ {whichever product they are set to advertise}. And political rants of one kind or another or any other stuff. l, Just give them the damn award in private and put in a quality program that night so we don't have to hear about growing up the daughter or son of coal hod makers while suffering dyslexia and IBS.

I see about 5 minutes of award shows annually mainly because I can't get the remote to click fast enough to escape.

Media

True there is the narcissistic aspect to the music industry, there is pretentious behavior afoot! However, the organization we know as the Grammys has raised money to keep our kids in musical arts programs that otherwise would not be funded by our own government. So, for all of it's self aggrandizement and narcissism, it has done some good that effects the educational system in a positive way.

I say let them indulge themselves. IMO it's an even trade off.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that noticed!!
They should change the name of her song from "Set The Night To Music", to "Set Your Face To Botox".

Whoooa Miss Roberta, bless her. Her face was truly set in stone and was trying to get her church house song fest on but was way out of tune. All she needed was an essence hat and a fan. She was so off key, just up there hollerin'.

P!nk was absolutely the most beautiful creature suspended in mid air. Before criticizing that performance, ask yourself: "Can I spin up in mid air and not miss a beat like that?" She was on point, in key, in synch and never once did her voice waiver. It was incredible entertainment and I give her kudos for that. (She wrote that song and no one in Cirque sings like that.)

Micheal Jackson's children did a fine job as well. Carrie Underwood held her own with Usher, Celine and Jennifer. (I didn't care much for Smokey but he was a friend of Micheal's)

I love Jeff Beck.

Mary J was incredible. She was just shaking head to toe, holding those notes out to their own sweet end. They sounded so good together. (With Andrea B)

GaGa was her usual surprising self. I love the element of theater she throws with every performance. I like her, always have and from the beginning.

I know Beyonce suffers from over exposure in the industry. However, she served up the Alanis Morrisette song as only she can. Another example of quality entertainment. I like her and I also took note of how genuine she was when accepting her award. A rare quality indeed.

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just wish i had the 'authority'?/cheek to take these personal reviews to those asssholes who
dictate to the young of NZ what they should NOT be watching, listening to and enjoying,
as entertainment
(I wont)
You can be assured (i have not checked) that Aussie would have shown it
A friend tells me in the UK that a smaller station is playing it...for the Brits
----that they were not on our TV channels either but have just looked on a tv guide and they
are listed as on wednesday 3 feb - not on one of the main channels but on a free satellite/cable
channel so I would be able to watch ---
he is usually correct in his research of such.
Oscars, Grammys, American Politics we have come to accept it as entertainment.
(waiting?? ha)
Next year i hope to say that NZ TV assholes will get back into showing it, because
they were made to look like fools this year
or as has happened previously, the Maori channel will pick it up, make a success of it
and the NZ Channells will cry foul.. grrrrrrr
Anzac Day, Rugby WC...etc
enz
adding a South Pacific flavour .. to lpsg haha