What?Nothing on The Press Confrence?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deno, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    A ten minute speech and 50 minutes to answer like 5 question. WTF. I missed House :mad:

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually President Obama answered 13 questions......with well thought out, complete sentences at that!

3. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    13 different reporters asked questions?, boy I really let my attention wander.

4. D_Adoniah Sheervolume

D_Adoniah Sheervolume Account Disabled

Yeah Deno, President Obama actually listened to the questions and gave thoughtful, complete responses.

You seem young. FYI: this is the way it's SUPPOSED to be. Not everything can (or should) be reduced to a 30 second soundbite.

5. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Far from young, just unemployed expecting action instead of words. I think most people in my situation know already that times are bad, I am facing foreclosure if I don't somehow find a job. I think all the questions about other things were to premature for a president 3 week in office.

I do agree with you all that he is very articulate and an excellent speaker, more so then the other previous guy.

#5 Deno, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  6. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Srsly. I really hate ADD news/debate. I'm not the biggest Obama fan, but I'm glad he's capable of delivering extended, complete answers.

7. petetown

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    First president I've been able to watch give a press conference in years....well spoken, knowledgable, thoughtful......ever the skeptic I even looked for an ear piece.....there was none.
    He may not have all the answers but he's capable of making informed decisions...

8. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Does anyone know about this other news conference he was speaking about, the one where they announce the actual plan. I thought he was saying it was going to be today.

9. mindseye

Gold Member

You missed House on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday? Fine, here's a bonus episode:

PATIENT: Doctor, I don't feel so well.

HOUSE: Well, maybe they're guilt pangs because you cheat on your boyfriend, you pathetic bitch.

PATIENT: That's really uncalled fo....heeeey, how did you know I cheat on my boyfriend?

HOUSE: You've got cocoa butter under your fingernails and that can only mean one thing, plus you've been here for three STD tests in three months. By the way, you have a stomach ulcer. I'll write you a prescription, you slut.

PATIENT: You're a real dick, Dr. House. See you next month.

(WILSON enters)

WILSON: House, we need you up in oncology. Cancer patient presented with shortness of breath and fecal blood.

HOUSE: But I was having such fun down here.

(SCENE: Interior of diagnostic conference room. HOUSE and the team have gathered.)

HOUSE: Differential diagnosis, differential diagnosis, god, I love saying that. What you got, people?

FOREMAN: It's not meningitis, since patient has no fever.

THIRTEEN: It's not athlete's foot, since . . .

HOUSE: We could be doing this all day. Any ideas on what it is?

(TEAM shrugs en masse.)

HOUSE: Did you notice the patient wears his hair in a ponytail that was pulled too tight? The skin exerts pressure on the cranium, causing a slow trauma porphyria in the upper hippocampus. We'll need to operate immediately.

CUDDY: We should run some tests first. If we operate and it turns out to be acute pulmonary disease, we could lose the patient.

HOUSE: So? Patient gets to heaven that much sooner -- isn't that what you superstitious voodoo children all want anyway? THERE IS NO GOD. Now where's my Vicodin? We'll operate anyway, got it? Otherwise, there won't be a moment of conflict while we go to a commercial.

(Three stoners in pirate hats appear.)

CURLY HAIRED STONER: My bad credit landed me at a Ren Faire. Go figure that out, while I mug for the camera.

(We're back in the conference room.)

WILSON: Way to go, House. We operated, and now the patient's dying.

HOUSE: But did you see how big his teeth were? I can now deduce he's got hypercalcemia, which is why the surgery didn't work the first time. We're going back in, but this time, we'll do something different -- writers, come up with some mumbo jumbo for my speech here.

WILSON: I don't think you're supposed to say that out loud.

HOUSE: Shut up, Wilson. I only keep you around because you suck at poker.

(Operating room. Dramatic music stolen from Fear Factor.)

PATIENT: Wow, thanks for healing me, doctor. I was unconscious the whole time, but I have this unshakeable feeling you're a real dick.

(HOUSE returns to his office, and takes some more pills.)

...now how's THAT for a thread hijack.

10. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

11. pym

pym New Member

Pretty Fuckin' funny man!:biggrin1:

12. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

13. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    What is this wednesday, thursday, friday stuff, House is on Monday nights. Don't make sense at all.

14. mindseye

Gold Member

You wrote, "WTF. I missed House". I spend a lot of time reading university timetables. Sorry you missed my exceedingly lame joke.

15. lucky8

Gold Member

Not hating on Obama but I thought that news conference was pretty weak. It seemed like he was trying to "teach" us everything we've already heard over the last 4 months, I didn't really hear anything I didn't already know. I guess I was just expecting a little more substance...not to mention the reporters asked some pretty lame questions

I mean, all he really said is we need to pass this bill and start some programs. Well, I'd like to know what kind of programs, how they are going to operate, who would be in charge of them, how they think each program is going to help the economy right now, etc. I just want some friggin details already, they've had plenty of time. No one in the investment and banking industry is going to gain any confidence whatsoever until we get some transparency on what's going on behind the closed doors

#15 lucky8, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  16. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    you're confusing 2 things...........the article does NOT blame the wall street skid on the stimulus passage, but on Secretary Geithner's announcement of the form of the rest of the banking bailout.

17. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    The speeches and press conferences are succinct. We're going to get plenty of those. It was a lot of high 30,000ft rhetoric and no detail.

Thusly, the market pundits saying exactly this -traders and investors said the lack of specifics from Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner on how the government would direct more than $1 trillion in public and private support was troubling.

But Obama listened and responded (in the words of Rodney Dangerfield circa Caddyshack: "he really cares, to what... I have no idea")

What a disaster.

18. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    yeah that article doesn't say it, but the markets did...

19. pym

pym New Member

No worries....Barack is just gonna pull 11 trillion $'s out of his ass, restart an auto industry that most Americans have completely turned there backs on, Get every one in The USA to work for the same wage as the average Chinese worker......so as to be 'COMPETITIVE', Get everyone in the middle-east to play 'NICE', Pull 65 trillion $ more out of his ASS for promised social security pay-outs, and in his spare time......become a member of LPSG!! Any more shit we can heap on the poor bastard?
    George and Dick are laughin' all the way to the bank.

20. lucky8

Gold Member

No, Geithner was speaking about the plan to fix the current capital structure affecting banks. And of course, there was nothing of substance said, just Geithner giving the administration's "goals," yet again. I think the market speaks for itself today: investors want details.

Draft saved Draft deleted