What Other Group Has To Put Up With This?

bwhip1011

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I honestly don't know. I'm just my own group, I guess. I'm gay with Bi-Polar 1 complicated by Narcissistic Personality Disorder along with other Cluster B symptoms. I suppose they'll come up with a sketch for that at some point, but by that time my body will have been long since donated to science. Currently I have too many other things on what's left of my mind. :emoji_unamused:

Reactions: BillM and ronin001

bigmatt1983

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

I know this is an old clip, but please tell me what other group of people have to put up with this kind of mockery?

Paul Rudd's character is pubicly shamed, deemed sexually unviable and urged to kill himself TWICE, all because he has a Small penis. That isnt even the worst part. The studio audience laughed and cheered at the idea of this Small killing himself. I guess suicide is okay if you have a small penis.

I do find one thing funny, though. My group of detractors love to call me a bigot. They love to say the my views are harmful to Smalls. Look at the god damn culture! Smalls are mocked and hated by everyone. I am just shining a light on the truth about how Smalls are treated in this world.

Literally every group?

Smaller Than the Rest

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember seeing this sketch a couple of years ago, and it initially annoyed me, what PISSED ME OFF about it was them saying he should kill himself. That genuinely upset me. I already deal with severe depression, and then I'm told on national television that I SHOULD kill myself. I've already come close to suicide a couple of times, and then I'm encouraged to.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I remember seeing this sketch a couple of years ago, and it initially annoyed me, what PISSED ME OFF about it was them saying he should kill himself. That genuinely upset me. I already deal with severe depression, and then I'm told on national television that I SHOULD kill myself. I've already come close to suicide a couple of times, and then I'm encouraged to.
SNL has sucked mightily for ages. It's been plodding along fueled by nostalgia for the days when it was actually funny.

Don't feel singled out. If you aren't of a certain type in the US social consciousness, you're told to kill yourself, perhaps indirectly, perhaps directly. But the message is clear if you're the recipient.

Reactions: Enid and 693987
D

deleted1118872

You're right, no Small has ever been lynched for being a Small. I would say we are looked down upon, but not actually hated. I think the difference between us and other groups is that they fight back and make noise when they're mocked. Smalls take it because no one wants to be outed as a Small.

I've been thinking about this thread a bit, and it has occurred to me that violence against men on the basis of penis size might actually be a thing. The police simply do not keep records of the victim's penis size, and people committing crimes are usually secretive about their motives.

And, unfortunately, people have proven time and time again that the stupidest reasons you could dream up for violence are actual reasons for violence.

A decade or so ago very few people would have believed that people commit trans-phobic violence. But, once someone actually bothered to look into it we found out it was frightfully common.

Feel free to call me crazy for even thinking this. Crazy was literally my first nickname in college, my second nickname was much meaner and directly referenced my penis. This led to some minor violence.

But I'm now legitimately concerned that small-bashing (?) may be occurring.

Reactions: wallyj84

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've been thinking about this thread a bit, and it has occurred to me that violence against men on the basis of penis size might actually be a thing. The police simply do not keep records of the victim's penis size, and people committing crimes are usually secretive about their motives.

And, unfortunately, people have proven time and time again that the stupidest reasons you could dream up for violence are actual reasons for violence.

A decade or so ago very few people would have believed that people commit trans-phobic violence. But, once someone actually bothered to look into it we found out it was frightfully common.

Feel free to call me crazy for even thinking this. Crazy was literally my first nickname in college, my second nickname was much meaner and directly referenced my penis. This led to some minor violence.

If you have anything that actually resembles EVIDENCE, then by all means present it.

Reactions: keenobserver
D

deleted1118872

If you have anything that actually resembles EVIDENCE, then by all means present it.

Bear in mind- I do not have a micropenis myself, and until the other day the thought had never even crossed my mind that something like this could happen.

But upon literally 10 seconds of googling, it turns out it that it apparently and very sadly has happened:

Penile Stories: Mother kills her baby because he had a micropenis

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the source. But, I see no need for denialism. You can just acknowledge that, if this is happening, it is very, very, wrong.

Also, the child who was allegedly killed had a "micropenis", which is a physically small penis, rather than "small penis syndrome" which is now recognized by some doctors as a mental condition in which a man has come to believe his penis is too small, regardless of what size it actually is. It is unclear how much overlap there is between the two groups.

I doubt that men with "small penis syndrome" are targeted for violence by others, but since it is a mental health issue they (I should say we- I probably have this) might be at greater risk for suicide. Again, not much is known because it is only very recently that doctors started treating this as a mental health issue.

Getting back to the original post- my concern with the SNL sketch brought up would probably be more for how it impacts directly men suffering from "small penis syndrome" rather than encouraging violence against micropenis' (that's just a very unfortunate and sad side-topic that came up). A comedy sketch in which the punchline is "you should kill yourself" is really in bad taste with regards to ANY group. But when targeting a group that already suffers from mental health issues it is very irresponsible.

Reactions: wallyj84

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media

Yes, the kill yourself bit goes way too far. No one would say that to any other group.

You make a good point. This could be an epidemic and we would never know because records on dick size aren't kept. Great point

D

deleted1118872

You make a good point. This could be an epidemic and we would never know because records on dick size aren't kept. Great point
Friend, I'll accept this statement as a simple indication of agreement. Truly, my eyes are now opened to something. But there's nothing "good" or "great" about any of this.

Whether you are physically small or just feel that way, you do not deserve the treatment you have received, and you have my sympathy.

Wally should be banned from this section and the SWALP subforum.

He's fine everywhere else. These sections? Nothing but trolling.

Why? He is absolutely right in this case! Trolling? Disagreeing with an ugly culture of abuse is trolling?

If Wally would admit that he, himself is not small I'd have little argument with him.

Reactions: deleted1118872

2. No one is going to know you are a "small" unless you tell them. Try asking people who have an actual disability or deformation that is clearly visible and how they are treated.

The negatives of various disabilities are various.

Men cannot hide their penis at all times unless they become hermits. Men see each other peeing as a matter of course as men are expected to pee outside in many circumstances. Are small guys never to change in a locker room?

TJSR: Your post is despicable.

D

deleted1118872

The negatives of various disabilities are various.

Men cannot hide their penis at all times unless they become hermits. Men see each other peeing as a matter of course as men are expected to pee outside in many circumstances. Are small guys never to change in a locker room?

TJSR: Your post is despicable.

Why? I mean, I agree the subject matter is despicable, but are we not in agreement that it is wrong?

Except that they do, and you're a complete piece of your usual trolling garbage human being by completely dismissing that.

Nonsense Fade. Humor suggesting people kill themselves is rare.

D

deleted1118872

Nonsense Fade. Humor suggesting people kill themselves is rare.
It's not as rare as it should be- but the fact that it happens to other groups too should not be a defense.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Except that they do, and you're a complete piece of your usual trolling garbage human being by completely dismissing that.

Can you point out an example of a similar thing happening to another group on a TV show broadcasted on national television? Something that is never chastised by anyone?

Let's be honest, if they had said this about blind people or the deaf or a racial or sexual minority there would have been protests.

D

deleted1118872

Can you point out an example of a similar thing happening to another group on a TV show broadcasted on national television? Something that is never chastised by anyone?

Let's be honest, if they had said this about blind people or the deaf or a racial or sexual minority there would have been protests.

I think South Park had an episode where they said it about the home shopping network.