What percentage of marriages do you think are really happy?

What percent of marriages are really happy?

• 0% to 5% (Very few are very happy.)

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • 6% to 10%

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • 11% to 15%

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • 16% to 20%

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • 21% to 25%

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • More than 25% (Lots of marriages are very happy.)

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Hell if I know!

Votes: 17 12.2%

• Total voters

I worry that guys who don't get married while young become aloof playboys without the ability to commit.
That does happen sometimes, yeh. :redface: It's nice if you meet someone when young and the chemistry/timing is right...I woulda loved that myself (or at least the idea of it). Kinda hard to get the balance right, I guess.

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Before even having this discussion one needs to define what happiness is. If you mean a fleeting sense of pleasure, oxytocin withdrawal is going to decimate your numbers. If you mean fulfillment, or security, or a host of other emotions, that's a whole different story.

D

deleted405852

It is sad when people divorce but sometimes it's better to cut your losses and move on. I don't think many married couples are happy because I think most married for entirely wrong reasons, the top 2 being:

1. You're at "that age" where people start expecting you to be married
2. You're materialistic and you want a "fairy tale" wedding, so that you're more focused on the wedding then the actual long term marriage.

I got married for #1 like so many of my friends. It's too bad we put to much emphasis on marriage in this country (every country?)

My friend got married for reason number 2.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is one more reason that is common:
3.) Getting married for the money
My ex and I actually did that because it paid about $700 a month more while I was in the military. We called it off after 23yrs and her multiple affairs.

It is sad when people divorce but sometimes it's better to cut your losses and move on. I don't think many married couples are happy because I think most married for entirely wrong reasons, the top 2 being:

1. You're at "that age" where people start expecting you to be married
2. You're materialistic and you want a "fairy tale" wedding, so that you're more focused on the wedding then the actual long term marriage.

I got married for #1 like so many of my friends. It's too bad we put to much emphasis on marriage in this country (every country?)

Chark

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm happy and still in love with my husband of almost 13 years. Of course we've had our ups and downs and get on each others nerves every now and then but I'm definitely happy. Of course I did develop a new appreciation of his cock around our 10th anniversary and can't seem to get it in my mouth near as often as I'd like, and since we've been exploring my fantasies of sexual submission in BDSM it's been even better!