What Piques Your Interest?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I've been surfing through the threads the past week or so, and I've realized that there are quite a few posts on here that I can't help but peruse several times throughout the week. Most recent expeditions include [link=http://www.lpsg.org/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=99;action=display;num=1057179521]the religion thread[/link] and [link=http://www.lpsg.org/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=meetgreet;action=display;num=1056566246]the bisexuality one[/link]; as you can tell, I've posted several times in each thread.

Which topics of discussion really motivate you to post and stay active on the threads... or if a lurker, follow the postings a bit more closely?

H8Monga: I wonder if you can remember way back in March when I was just a wee newbie shot out of a cannon? I only came here to see a friend's post. I was not planning on staying or posting. My original signature was "I'm a stranger here..." which I really wanted to convey that I didn't belong here without being too obvious (I didn't think my kind was welcome here). I read my friend's post and looked around. I posted my first post because I recognized someone and it was a post to them. What really got me hooked in was reading threads on smaller guys vs larger guys and the like. I had to tell it like I felt it, and I let go. Now, I'm just all over. Anything I feel I can add my thoughts and experience to, I do. Then again, you know what gets me going...

Max

Sexy Member
Media
The trouble is .. this site has grown so HUGE ;)

Keeping up with it properly is becoming very time consuming. I have tended recently to use the "25 most recent posts" button to save time ... thank you Mark!

But the threads I tend to come back to are the ones which cover practical issues which I would have benefited from when I was starting out. Whether it is to do with sex techniques, positions, clothing, condoms, etc., that's where I see the most need for this forum. That's not to say I don't enjoy the more wide-ranging debates and contribute from time to time ... but then life is short. :)

Javierdude22: Well...i've noticed there to roughly be two categories in our posts here (its not an exhausting categorization):

1. Statements: many posts you just post how you like your sex, what techniques, what underwear you wear etc. Someone places a pretty objective question, and you answer with just as much objectivity. But nothing happens, people read the way yóu like things, but....then what? Nice to read, but i'll forget two seconds later.

2. Then there are the discussion threads, where ive noticed many of the same people to reply. Here, different points of view are expressed, and there's actual interaction between the posts. And thát is very important i think. People get quoted, and get an answer. And that my friends, is when you discuss.

The statements are all pretty nice and all. Sometimes fun to read....but in all honesty....i read, and two seconds later i forget. And mostly, i can tell by the subject that the matter involved really doesnt interest me at all, so i move on. But, occasionally, i do post.

The discussion threads however i really like. And for me personally, it has also been the religion thread, and bisexuality thread, but i also like political stuff. Certain dickrelated threads i will read cause they interest me, but mostly i gravitate towards discussions about the deeper things in life. And truth be told, the religion (or on a higher level, the 'whats life about' discussion, and the bisexuality discussion are big parts of who i am.

They take up a lotta time if i want to add something valuable (...) , and i dó have a life, so the other posts i pass by.

Hm, i have a feeling i coulda said this in two sentences....o well...

throb919: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=99;num=1057554835;start=0#0 date=07/06/03 at 22:04:55]...I've realized that there are quite a few posts on here that I can't help but peruse several times throughout the week. Most recent expeditions include [link=http://www.lpsg.org/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=99;action=display;num=1057179521]the religion thread[/link] and [link=http://www.lpsg.org/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?board=meetgreet;action=display;num=1056566246]the bisexuality one[/link]; as you can tell, I've posted several times in each thread.[/quote]
Same here. I also realize there are some I never get to...but mean to. I've only been here a couple of weeks myself; one of the threads that fascinated me when I got here was Larger guys views of smaller guys. With 170 responses on 9 pages, that's one of the most active threads here ever, I think (other than stats, maybe). It's been dormant for a month...

Max--I agree about hitting the "25 most recent posts" button and thought about asking Mark if that can become "multiple choice" like reading an individual's posts. You miss a few hours--not to mention a few days--and you can never catch-up around here. Such a prolific bunch!

Javierdude--you're on-the-mark about making comments. I often want to, too, but time and real-life get in the way. Yours are ones I often want to comment on. And I'm still going to post to your Euro-thread one day.

Which somehow leads me to: Congratulations to DoubleMeatWhopper on your 1000th post. You always seem to take the time to add something timely and topical--with (as tzqis said) honesty, integrity, wit, compassion...

SchroederJr: I come back both because of the information, the insight, and occasionally the raunchiness, heh. Like has been said, I constantly check the threads with more depth, but I only post occasionally 'cause I am lucky enough to get to have these discussion in real life, and typing them all out can get a bit tedious. Occasionally I speak up, though.

7x6andchg: I try to check all the forums at least once a day - check the subject lines - and then respond to what I see fit to read. It has gotten a lot bigger than it originally was, but, I see that as a good thing...I just hit the "mark all posts as read" link.

Personally - I tend to surf most in meet and greet and &c. ....

7x6&C

Trackers: So far I have been interested in the "Deep throat" thread. Infact that was the first thread I ever posted in when I registered. But generally I try to log onto this site everyday and just see what's new, and if something interests me then I'll post.

BTW: I was also interested in the"Bisexuality" post too

Dag: Dee,

I'm not sure if I have a favorite thread as of yet. Many are interging, many are informative and many are plan of silly.

Cheers - Dag