What pisses you off about gay guys.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hate gay men who, because they can "pass for straight" in some circles, turn up their noses at flamers and queens. Don't kid yourself, Betty, we're all in the same boat, from the butchest to the nelliest, no matter how hard you flatter yourself. What does a homophobe call a masculine, well-adjusted, "straight-acting" gay man? A faggot.

The chicken shit queen (hot-rod) who keeps posting negative comments on my pussy pics.

I've noticed a couple guys who do that (vichairyass is also a flaming misogynist); it's such bullshit. The silliest thing is that they don't realize it's those very pussy pics that are keeping the same straight guys around who they want to fawn and drool over.

Also - I hate white gay men who get pissy when Blacks and other minorities aren't supporting their cause, but if you bring up racism, they're all "what does that have to do with me?" (that is if they're not overtly racist in the first place).

Don't get me started, my list is long. :mad: :biggrin1:

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
I feel like the odd man out here: I have never had a bad experience with a gay man. Granted, my contact with the gay community hasn't been extensive, but every gay man I have ever dealt with has been unobjectionable in any way. I don't mind the sterotypical mannerisms, either. And on this board, most gay or bisexual men have been openminded and tolerant. I will take the word of the other posters who have outlined the "flaws" because they obviously have had experiences and know people that have colored their thinking, but I hope I don't ever share those experiences.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"Straight acting" is a term of homophobia and self-loathing. Masculinity is not the sole province of the straight male; nor is femininity the exclusive trait of straight women. I am a gay male. I am masculine. There are feminine gay men, masculine straight women and everything in between. ALL the colors of the rainbow.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Most gay guys I've met have been really nice, it's hard to find things that they do that have pissed me off. Willy watching through holes in toilet cubicles is the only thing that I can think of.

There are a few things some gays do that make me cringe however, like mimicking feminine gestures in an exaggerated way and dressing in an outrageous way in an inappropriate situation.

Once I have finished cringing, I then find the funny side and think how cool it is that such people exist!:tongue:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've been reading these threads ("What pisses you off about...") and never could respond to any of them because in truth I couldn't say that any of the aforementioned groups (women, straight men, gays) pisses me off in general. That's the good news. The flip side is that some women, straight guys, and gays have on one occasion or another pissed me off. Maybe in truth, people in general piss me off. It's my priviledge to be perhaps a grumpy old sob. And all of you will get your turn soon enough.

But here are my three "pet peeves" for each group (not that I'll get it all over with because there is certain to be follow-up threads like "What pisses you off about blacks, whites, Italians (notice the distinction) (just kiddin'), Asians, etc. etc. etc."):

Women: I don't like the way some women use being a woman to gain some advantage over guys (in the courts and in the work place). I've known some to act real shitty-like and when one responded in kind they'd say something like "he was rude, or insensitive," or some shit like that.

Gays: Like mentioned in the above posts, some gays have a surprising intolerence for women, in particular the female form. I had on occasion frequented a clothes optional place that had a majority gay clientelle. Women (mostly lesbian) tourists and nudists went there too. But about 90% of the women kept bottoms on (they'd bare their top). I asked one young lady why. She said so not to offend the (gay) guys. I thought it was so unfair.

Straight guys: Macho bullshit. I HATE jockyesque, swaggering, tough guy- commando, macho bullshit. I was at a house party a long time ago with the missus and we had brought our daughter who was still a babe in arms. I was sitting there holding her and one of the old family members told me to give the baby to my wife. What? A guy can't hold his daughter? Give me a f**king break.

BlackCock85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Baby,

I dont know what you call ugly but you need not include yourself. You are at least quite attractive. I dont know what you call hot though....

What the hell makes you think you're ugly? Get a mirror, babe, you're fine. Damn fine.

thanks ladies :smile: I try to have good self-esteem, but i've come to that conclusion from how people have acted towards me; I'm not that attractive. Oh life

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
What I don't like is similar to what I don't like about some straight guys either. Act yourself, don't put on a show. Be kind, be considerate, don't be making advances to people you don't know. Treat me with dignity and respect. Don't act all whatever to try and impress someone.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
two things that annoy me about some gay men..

the ones who think it is their job to change society and everyones thinking towards them. Sure try and eeducate the unknowing but it isnt your job to preach acceptance..same as we all get pissed off with being preached religion.

And the over sensitive gay men..the ones that cant take a innocent joke and take everything literally and and insult. Makes for a very uncomfortable conversation

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the ones who think it is their job to change society and everyones thinking towards them. Sure try and eeducate the unknowing but it isnt your job to preach acceptance..same as we all get pissed off with being preached religion.

Whoa, not seeing the correlation.

One group is being denied their rights, the other is the one trying to deny them those rights.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Whoa, not seeing the correlation.

One group is being denied their rights, the other is the one trying to deny them those rights.

Yes i agree but im talking about from MY point of view. I dont appreciate being preached to about anything. If i want to learn i will taking it upon myself to ask and not expect something to take it upon themselves to tell me about the injustices and predjuices against them or what they stand for, no matter who or what they may be

Falcon9

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Life is too short to generalize about one group of people I think. I support anything that brings people together and am very critical of things that aim to separate us and divide us. Generalizations by nature seek to make divisions and I am not sure there is any redeeming purpose for this. It seems often that what we don't like in others is more about the fear of others because they are different from ourselves. But we usually won't admit to being afraid so the motivation for these kinds of projections and biased assumptions is often buried. When one is at peace with the world and with themselves, one is more forgiving of others and their differences, (one is also more forgiving of one's own limitations and shortcomings too). I didn't learn this until a bit later in life, so in this sense I can be forgiving of others who aren't so aware.

Many gays, having had so much social and personal rejection in their lives sometimes adapt a gay "persona" that helps to shield them from truly being themselves since being themselves has been so difficult in an unforgiving world. (Straight people can do this too in other related ways.) So what we sometimes see is a kind of behavior that some find offensive because it might indicate to them that that person they see is somehow weak and not strong enough to feel comfortable in their own skin. But what is viewed and described as offensive (the kinds of generalizations we are seeing in this thread) is often motivated by the critic's fear of possibly possessing similar kinds of personality weaknesses, which in fact, WE ALL carry as humans to different degrees. If then, we are more secure as individuals, there becomes much less need to voice concern about other's perceived shortcomings. I hope this thread winds down quickly, I honestly think there is no need and very little time for this kind of discussion unless it helps someone to understand that it is important to look first within themselves before judging others.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Great post, hardguard - thanks for that!

thanks ladies :smile: I try to have good self-esteem, but i've come to that conclusion from how people have acted towards me; I'm not that attractive. Oh life

Well, they're right about you BC - you are fine, baby. Maybe the problem is that you're looking at the wrong people. It's really common to be attracted to the ones who are not available. Not to hijack this thread or anything. :rolleyes:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Great post, hardguard - thanks for that!

Well, they're right about you BC - you are fine, baby. Maybe the problem is that you're looking at the wrong people. It's really common to be attracted to the ones who are not available. Not to hijack this thread or anything. :rolleyes:

Preach it, brother! Preach it!