What possessed you to BLOG?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by naughty, Apr 26, 2005.

1. naughty

Gold Member

Hi,
    I have finally succumbed to the trend and I love it. It lends a whole new meanng to the expression thinking inside the box! LOL! I was thinking that there are so many people on here who speak so eloquently who would probably have awsome blogs. Jump in, let us know what you really think....

Naughty

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I don't as such. although I have a livejournal account someone gave me years ago, all I do is post stupid pictures and images of naked women with guns in it from time to time. I don't entertain the idea that anybody else might want to read about the boring events of my boring life.

3. madame_zora

Gold Member

I just started one myself, I thought it might make a good place for more off-topic posting, but I don't think people go in there much, we'll see.

Dr. Rock, I'd love it if you'd start one, I'd love to hear about your "boring" life!

4. naughty

Gold Member

I second that, Jana,

I sit here cracking up over his descriptions .I am still trying to get over his lovely description of Liv Tyler... the backside of a manatee? I dont even want to know when he had occasion to experience that! LOL!

Naughty

5. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I don't write a blog because I really wouldn't have much to report that others would find interesting. Since moving to Jena, there's not much excitement in my life. I'll stick to posting in the main fora here.

6. naughty

Gold Member

Au Contraire, DMW!

Though Jena may not be a cultural mecca, there are so many things that you have experienced and have opinions on that we might all benefit from hearing. For instance, your childhood in Cuba, your transition. growing up gay, New Orleans, all fascinating topics. Of course , you would tell them beautifully.

naughty

7. naughty

Gold Member

Hi,

I dont want this topic to go under. I dont want to name names but there are a number of people I would love to hear more from through blogging....

naughty

8. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I love writing for fun. My writing has evolved from short stories and plays into general social commentary and life reflection. I suppose somewhere inside of me still lies the passion to pen interesting tales; on the other hand, a Creative Writing seminar extinguished that flame, unfortunately, and I'm just self-centered enough to enjoy commenting on my own life through my own eyes. That's fair, I suppose.

I've hopped around a few different blog sites. I enjoy doing it because it lets me connect with people in different parts of the world through experience. Not that I don't appreciate an IM talking about my dick -- heh -- but I've found different people scattered all over the place and it's good to have these encounters.

9. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

I started mine to just jump on the bandwagon. Mine's boring.

10. steve319

Gold Member

I'm only now really beginning to dig into the blogs here at LPSG. I enjoy it, for the most part. It does remind me of reading student journals, though. :D Seems I can't escape the work frame of mind.

There's some really thoughtful stuff happening out there, yours included Naughty! You guys have some great entries that I have really appreciated.

I don't think I'd ever take the time to update a blog. I might do an entry a day for awhile, but I think I'd let it taper off and die pretty quickly.

I find myself spending too much time on LPSG as it is... :eek:

11. Dr. Bubbles

Dr. Bubbles New Member

I did the blog thingie as a way to say a little more about myself, things that are going on as well as to garnish some support/ideas on issues, career choices, etc. that have been offered.

I also started the blog to discuss women issues a little more freely. Sometimes I think I can express myself easier in my blog than on the women's forum. At least here, these are my ideas and I can be open with them without fear of being non-PC or potential retaliation.

I enjoy the blogs... and enjoy reading others. :)

12. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've had a livejournal for a long time. I love it. It gives me a place to babble with or without aim. Plus I've got a lot of friends who use it, so I add them to my friends list and I can keep up with whats going on in their worlds a little easier.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ash1ar/ is me :)

13. txquis

Gold Member

Thats right.
    It is a wonderful place to freely associate,
    to babble, to wax, to be goofy or silly, without having
    to be "thread worthy".

14. naughty

Gold Member

Well ,

I have enjoyed reading all of the blogs on the site .It has given me a bit more insight into the thought processes of some of our members.

naughty

Draft saved Draft deleted