What "Premium Channels" do you have?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by findfirefox, Aug 2, 2007.

?

What Premium channels do you have?

1. HBO

11 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Cinemax

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Starz

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. Showtime

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  5. Adult Channels (Pr0n)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  6. Others (Note Below)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. findfirefox

Gold Member

This question may apply more to people in the US but, What Premium Channels do you have?

By Premium channels I mean HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, and adult channels.

I currently have HBO and wondering, are they the best? I know HBO has good series, but I also heard that about Showtime...

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I have everything except "Starz".

3. findfirefox

Gold Member

Is there a way to edit into the Poll the option for "None" Wheres a Mod?

4. No_Strings

Gold Member

Being English it can't really apply to me, but I don't watch TV anyway so my answer would be none - except the odd program on our terrestrial channels(I don't know if they're a european thing).

Bait topic? :tongue:

5. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have all of them for free. BitTorrent is my ally...and a powerful ally it is.

Aaaarrr! :pirate:

6. findfirefox

Gold Member

Well No, I found out earlier today that they can edit polls and I want to make use of their powers. :tongue:

7. findfirefox

Gold Member

See I have never been a fan of piracy unless your already a Subscriber to what your "stealing". Support what you like.

8. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have all of them and watch none of them. Go figure.

9. agnslz

Gold Member

I only have HBO atm. I'm quite alright with that. I've always thought of it as being the best. I do sometimes miss all the other ones. Locally, however, it's only possible to receive HBO and Showtime with regular cable. I'm not rich enough to afford the other ones, which are only available through digital cable in my area now, and come bundled with their various spinoffs, raising the price even further.

10. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I recieved one or two premium channels, wich was part of the package that came with my phone service.

11. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

When I was in Korea I didn't even have my television plugged in. But I always get my Comedy Central shows from somewhere (Daily Show, Colbert Report, South Park), if not off the TiVo then I'll be downloading them online.

12. mindseye

Gold Member

Up here in the mountains, UPN or whatever it's called, is a premium channel. The premium being that the sun is out and the rabbit ears are working.

Our cable provider charges extra for IFC and Sundance as well as the channels listed in the poll -- are these not "premium" channels elsewhere?

13. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC and Starz..the Adult Channels suck...you can find better quality nudity on the net...or pick up a 5.00 bootleg X flick

14. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Does this mean you aren't still in Korea?

I don't have any of the "premium" channels. When their typical fare is "The Dukes of Hazzard," "Highlander," "Bad News Bears," or "Message in a Bottle," I think I'll pass. Some of them do have a few "original series", but not worth the extra $30 per month. I don't like most of the programming, the movies are from the 1970s and 1980s. Those very few 20- or 30-year-old movies I would care to see, I'll either rent them or purchase them on DVD.

15. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with DC DEEP. I don't have any premium channels anymore because the only time they are worth watching are between 6-11pm during the week and 6-11pm on the weekends. I don't want to pay $30 extra dollars a month just to watch "Adventures in Babysitting" or "What A Girl Wants" on eight different channels (and in spanish)

On sattelite they do offer Out! television and LOGO, but you have to pay for the next teir up. I've been thinking about the upgrade, but those channels are the same way. Most of their entertaining stuff is at night and isn't worth it during the day.

16. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I rarely watch tv and don't have any premium channels, even the licence fee I pay I begrudge because my tv is used so little. I was sitting playing on the computer one day last year (sept or so) and I heard this terrible noise, it really sounded like the house was falling down, I went over and looked into the corner of the room and couldn't see anything so I decided that next door must have been doing something in the loft and it was noise carried along the joists. Several months later I went to switch the tv on and the screen was blank, turned out the terrible sound had been the aerial falling off the roof and it took me six months or so to discover it. So, for me paying for extra channels would be a waste of money.

17. SteveHd

Gold Member

I don't know what the definition of premium is but on my cable IFC is a part of a digital bundle and Sundance is part of a movie bundle. I have digital but no movie bundles. For me IFC isn't premium but Sundance is. *I don't think I'm confused but I'm not sure.*

18. viking1

Gold Member

None.

Draft saved Draft deleted