What Scares the Piss Out of You?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
* The prospect of religious fanatics gaining control of a nuclear weapon.

* Heights, or more specifically, sheer vertical drops (but can do airplanes, including aerobatics).

* Blindness and/or immobility

* Mass panic and mob mentality run amok.

* Chronic physical pain (have had my bouts with this one).

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I don't like any bugs, but for some reason my fear of spiders has gotten worse over time. I can usually deal with them in a compeltely adrenaline fuelled panic - it's not always the best idea though. I tried to kill one I saw on my hallway door, and ended up putting a hole through the interior wall :rolleyes:
The key thing is, that if I see one, I can never let it out of my sight once I know it's there, not for anything.
I swear they come for me, I woke up completely at random one night, and exactly above my face on the ceiling was a standard house spider, but an absolutely huge one. People always exagerrate their size:)tongue:), but I killed this one with a size 11 shoe, and even when curled up and dead its legs still poked out from underneath, it was gargantuan.

Nothing else scares me, that I know of.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Dying in my sleep.

I know a lot of people think it a nice way to go, but I don't think so. The thought of not knowing that my final moment is near scares me more than the thought of dying itself. Also, the thought of dying in a freak accident which would mangle my body (ala Final Destination) scares me a lot, too! If anything I'd like to die in a hospital, or at home, after a short illness in my old age, with my family surrounding me. Without the need for an autopsy which, the thought of having one done on me, when I die, gives me the willies!

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Absolutely nothing at all, as far as phobias go.

But the only thing I worry about is harm comming to my
wife and or children.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Something happening to my partner

Something happening to one of our dogs

Religious fanatics

Getting really sick and not being able to get any of those fucking doctors to pay attention or believe me. It's already happened. Twice. Both instances were potentially life threatening.

Dementia

A stoke that leaves me lucid but unable to communicate (check the movie "The sum of US")

Being paralyzed by anesthesia but still awake and feeling pain

rubberwilli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
  • Dying of an agonizing form of death at someone elses hands
  • Having to watch a family member, friend or loved one die an agonizing death of any kind
  • Being paralized
  • Being buried alive, or burned alive
  • Loosing my sense of sight, hearing or feeling
  • Organized religion of any kind
  • Those free-flight rides at amusement parks where you are pulled up and back in a little harness and then set-free in a swinging arch
  • Parachuting (see above)
  • Breaking a bone (never done it)

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Space and time travel.

As a child, Back To The Future scared me SO BAD that I wouldn't watch it. Even at that age, I would begin thinking about time travel and it'd just SCARE me. Totally frightening. Twelve Monkeys scared the shit out of me.

Also, anything that takes place in space...I don't care for. It took me a long time to bring myself to watch Star Wars.

Space just goes on forever and ever. Can you imagine just drifting through freezing cold space for eons? Your body never so much as touching a molecule other than black nothingness.

Fuck that.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Space and time travel.

As a child, Back To The Future scared me SO BAD that I wouldn't watch it. Even at that age, I would begin thinking about time travel and it'd just SCARE me. Totally frightening. Twelve Monkeys scared the shit out of me.

Also, anything that takes place in space...I don't care for. It took me a long time to bring myself to watch Star Wars.

Space just goes on forever and ever. Can you imagine just drifting through freezing cold space for eons? Your body never so much as touching a molecule other than black nothingness.

Fuck that.

And interestingly enough you have a link to Myspace on your signature tag. :tongue: :biggrin1:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Space and time travel.

Fuck that.

Really? I absolutely loved Twelve Monkeys, one of my fave films, I put Pitts performance up there with Fight Club. However, I just found Back to the Future crap, time travel or not :tongue:

I understand how you feel about space, but it's on a TV screen not real time, do you watch many horror movies? Can I ask, how you feel about the ocean? :smile:

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Really? I absolutely loved Twelve Monkeys, one of my fave films, I put Pitts performance up there with Fight Club. However, I just found Back to the Future crap, time travel or not :tongue:

I understand how you feel about space, but it's on a TV screen not real time, do you watch many horror movies? Can I ask, how you feel about the ocean? :smile:

I will NOT get in the deep ocean. There's no fucking telling what's down there! The very idea of being stranded in the middle of the Pacific just scares the living shit out of me. The only reason I swim in a lake is because I know there's a bottom to it. There's fucking monsters and creatures nobody's ever seen in the ocean........granted....the really scary huge ones are not used to the pressure we have up here, but...I derno...still....

*pees herself* :confused:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I will NOT get in the deep ocean. There's no fucking telling what's down there! The very idea of being stranded in the middle of the Pacific just scares the living shit out of me. The only reason I swim in a lake is because I know there's a bottom to it. There's fucking monsters and creatures nobody's ever seen in the ocean........granted....the really scary huge ones are not used to the pressure we have up here, but...I derno...still....

*pees herself* :confused:

Hehe, I expected that reaction about the sea, I'm the same, although I wouldn't say scared - but very, very wary. :tongue:
Space isn't a bothering thing for me, as I know I'll never be up there, but I'll never go more than a few metres into the ocean, or lean on the railings of a boat, bah!

PunkKidd

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
1 Clowns- I HATE clowns ever since IT and the Poltergiest i have hated clowns
2 Puppets- they freak the fuck outta me (saw puppet /clown thing worst ever for me)
spiders and snakes are cool....vampires turn me on so that doesnt freak me out ......ahhh
3 Zombies thaking over the world- like Dawn of the Dead- things like that freak me out because i have reoccuring dreams about that and in it i usually end up killing someone i love or like my cats were the most recent victims of my dreams, or someone i love dies something like that
other than that not a whole lot else